‹ Prequel: Her Remedy

Love Transcends All

Chapter 8

The sun was shining brightly into our room and it was forcing my eyes to open although I didn’t want to leave the bed. Hell, I didn’t even want to go through the day. I wish I could stop the time from moving but, I don’t think that is going to happen anytime soon.

With much reluctance, I quietly peeled myself off of the bed, so as to not wake Arin up. He was still sleeping, snoring quietly on his side of the bed. I tiptoed to our closet and pulled one of the two huge luggage. I pulled some of his clothes that he would often wear on a daily basis and scatter them around the bag. Then I sat down and started folding them one by one and place them neatly into the bag.

It’s the day of his departure and no matter how sad I am, I know I must not show it to him. It would only break his spirits down. I tried to push the thought of him leaving in a few hours time away from my head and focus on folding his clothes. It’s kind of therapeutic, to have something to distract myself from something that I’m dreading.

It’s kind of childish to be sad, but we’ve never been apart for more than a month before and the thought of that scares me. It makes me nervous and anxious.

“Baby, what are you doing?” I heard his voice – still laced with sleep calling me from the bed.

“I’m packing your clothes, babe,” I replied as I giggled as I folded the polka dotted red boxers that I gave him for Christmas last year. I could only imagine how the other Avenged boys are going to make fun of him once they see Arin in these.

“Come here,” he called out. “Please, Lis. Your fiancée needs you.”

I blushed but at the same time I rolled my eyes when I heard that. But who am I to deny him? Especially when he’s being all cute and needy like that. So I quickly crawled back into bed and into his arms as he pulled me close and snuggled to me. I sighed in contentment as I felt him caressing my back.

We stayed that way for quite some time, and I could have sworn that I dozed off for a few minutes in his arms. If it wasn’t for the ringing of his phone, we would have stayed that way the whole day.

I lifted my head from his chest as he stretched and reached for his phone. “Hello?” he said before a yawn escaped his lips. I giggled at the sight. “Yeah, we just woke up. What? Yeah, okay. Sure, I guess. Pizza sounds good? Okay. See ya.”

* * *

I glanced at the scene before me. Arin was sitting at the couch with the rest of the Avenged Sevenfold members, eating pizzas and sipping on beer. They looked so happy and so at home with each other and I smiled at the thought of that. Their bus is coming over to our place in less than 2 hours time and my heart sank at the thought of that.

I sighed and placed the empty bottles away in a trashcan.

“Are you okay?” Brian’s wife, Michelle came over with a concerned look on her face.

“I’m okay,” I said with a soft smile. But Michelle didn’t buy it and she pressed for a proper answer. So I relented and sighed. “Honestly, I’m don’t think I’m okay.”

Michelle quickly pulled me into a hug and I welcomed the feeling. My eyes started to water. “I know how you feel, I really do,” she said as the both of us went to the balcony to have a private girl talk away from the boys. “It was hard on me too back in the early days, but it gets better, I promise you.”

“Gena said the same thing too, but I don’t know if I’m as strong as you guys.”

Michelle scoffed. “With what you two went through over the past couple of years, girl, you guys are way stronger than the lot of us, I can tell you that.” The both of us laughed when she said that, obviously referring to my really bad past.

Maybe she’s right. Arin and I are not your average, perfect couple. We don’t have the storybook fairytale relationship. Tears were shed and hurtful words have been thrown at each other. We came to the point of breaking up a few times in our relationship and it was all because of me and still, he stuck by me.

Now the table’s have turned and it’s my turn to stick by him, no matter what.

I’m really happy for Arin and honestly I’ve never seen him this happy before. He’s finally realizing his dreams that he thought was over at one point. He’s just going on tour for a few months and later, he’ll come home to me. I just have to bear the distance and support him.

“Lis,” I heard him calling my name and taking that as her cue, Michelle left to give us some privacy. He stood next to me, our shoulders connected. “Hey there.”

“Hey,” I replied. Then I looked at him and smiled at my fiancée. I pulled his hand to wrap around me and I hugged him tight. “I’m gonna miss you, Muffin.”

He chuckled and gave my body a squeeze. “I’m going to miss you like crazy,” he said before planting a kiss on my forehead. “Hey,” he whispered and gently pulled my chin up so that I look at him. “When I come back, we should really start planning our wedding.”

I blushed and beamed at the same time and I nodded, showing that I’m agreeing to that. “That sounds like a plan.”

Arin leaned down and gave me a kiss, a soft and gentle kiss but I could somehow sense the sadness in his kisses. I replied his kisses and hoping he would sense that I’m dreading the moment that we have to part. Tears brimmed my eyes and when we pulled away to look at each other, a tear rolled down my cheek.

“Baby, don’t cry,” he said. “I’ll be back, I promise.”

“I know you will, it’s just…” I paused as he wiped the tears from my face. “distance sucks,” I said before I pouted at him.

Just then, we could hear a loud honk from outside the house. I heart skipped a beat and I looked up at Arin. He was dreading this moment too.

We entered the house and I helped him with his bags as the other guys were loading the bus with their bags and equipments. Once they were all loaded into the bus, it was time to say our goodbyes. I looked on as the girls went over to their significant others to say their goodbyes with a few kisses and hugs and I wondered how many times did they have to do it until they are used to it?

Because I’m not sure if I will ever get used to see Arin leaving me.

The boys came over and hugged and kissed cheek and then they left Arin and I alone standing next to the bus. I quickly went over to him and hugged him as tightly as I could – I just wanted to feel him against me one last time. “Promise me you will have fun and also behave,” I said as I playfully slap his chest.

He laughs and kisses me. “I promise that I will always behave,” he said sincerely and I smiled at him before giving him another kiss. “I love you, Melissa Ilejay. And I will come back to you in 3 months time. Wait for me.”

“I love you too, Arin.”

And with one last hug, he pulled away and entered the bus. The girls came over me and together we waved goodbye to our significant others as the bus rolled down the street before disappearing from our sights.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's been more than a year since I updated BUT please blame it on writer's block.