Status: Starting Slow

As Long As You Love Me

11

I woke up to the morning sun seeping through the shades. I looked to my side to see nothing but a note. Nick must have left for the Training Camp Festival. I shifted in a position where I could read the note.

Morning Buttercup,
You probably noticed that I'm gone and today's the Training Camp Festival at the UC. I won't be back for a while but if you need anything, here's my card. I know you hate smooching money off of people but think of it as a welcome home present from me. Treat yourself. Take care.

Love,
Nick


I looked at the credit card blankly, picked it up and walked to the kitchen for breakfast. Might as well take advantage of this opportunity. I placed the card on the kitchen counter and walked to the bread box. I put two slices of toast in the toaster. There was a knock on the door. "Who is it?" I asked walking to the door and opened it. There stood a girl around my age, she looked vaguely familiar but I couldn't remember where from. "Oh Hello. I must be at the wrong condo. I'm looking for my cousin, Nick." Then it hit me.

"No your at the right place, Carli."

She looked a little taken back. "Do I know you?"

"Carli, it's me, Sam." She shook her head, " Samantha Anderson?" I asked. She leaped a little and pulled me into a hug. "Oh My Gosh, Sam!! What are you doing here?" She pulled away. "Isn't this Nick's place?" "Come on in and I explain this to you." She entered the condo and we walked to the kitchen which revealed the my toast was done. "You didn't answer me missy. What are you doing here?" "You should sit down first." I demanded. She smiled and took a seat. "This better be good."

I explained everything, from my trip to Italy, going to the convention, Nick and I reuniting, and everything to the present. "Seriously. That's over the top adorable." I blushed. "You think?"

"Yeah, this would have been so much amount of luck with Nick getting traded to Chicago."

I sighed. "Yeah, I thought about that. I was in shock for a moment."

"Speaking of my cousin, where is he?" She asked. I swallowed a sip of orange juice.

"He's at the Hawks Training Camp Festival. It doesn't end till like four, so Nick gave me his credit card to do whatever."

A smirk spread on her face. "Then let's use it."

I put my hands out, "Wait. Why are YOU here Carli?"

"Well, if you must know, I'm actually visiting Nick for his mom, because she's worried about him and such. But I also have a job interview with Broadway in Chicago."

"Oh My Gosh. That's awesome, congrats."

"Okay, okay. On with business. Today is the chance to smooch off my cousin. Get dressed girly and let's hit downtown." she said shoving me towards the room. I stopped her and turned around.

"Actually, I have nothing here Carls. I just slept over last night because we went out and
it was too late to go back to my condo."

"Okay. No need for your sex life Sam."

I threw a pillow at her. "For clarification, we did NOT do anything." I grabbed my keys and headed towards the door. "You coming?"

"Yes!"

We successfully found my car. Thank you Nick for car pooling. We hopped in and I drove to my condo. When I parked I told Carli to stay in the car. I quickly ran to the elevators and up to my condo. I opened the door, almost breaking it. "Tay?" I called out. No answer. I saw a note on the on the counter from Taylor. What's up with everyone and notes?

Leddy,
I forgot that I get a free ticket to the training camp today and I'm currently there if you are reading this. See you later.

Toews


I rolled my eyes and threw the note in the recycle bin. I sprinted to my room and changed into my red plaid shirt and jean shorts. I slipped on my red VANS and took my tote and took out my wallet placing Nick's card in a card slot. I rushed to the mirror, brushed my hair and took my bangs and clipped them onto the side. I checked out in the mirror and sighed. All done. I rushed back out to my car.

"Did you race to get dressed?" She asked when I slipped into the drivers seat.

I took a breather. "Yeah, I guess."

"Okay. Subject change. I heard Michigan Ave. is like awesome to shop around."

I turned my head towards her, "Girl you have no idea. I love shopping there." I started my car and drove towards Michigan Ave. searching for parking spot. After a 10 minutes of driving around, Carli couldn't wait anymore so I drove to those parking garages. We got
out of the car.

"Okay, Miss Chicago, where to first?"

"We could start on the streets and make our way to the Water Tower Place." I suggested.

"Sounds okay with me. Let's go!" We walked a few blocks. "Look there's Victoria's Secret. Sam, we HAVE to go in there."

"For me or for you?" I asked.

"For you silly." I sighed and shook my head as Carli dragged me to the store entrance. I squinted as I entered with her.

"Sam, stop being such a baby." she said.

"Me, a baby? Your trying to get the news on my sex life with your cousin whom I'm dating."

"What? I know the Hawks have this like circus trip and are away for two weeks. Wouldn't you want to give Nick a 'Welcome Back' present?"

I shook my head. "I would. Not like this."

"Well, suck it up girlie. Your going to be looking for something."

"Have you not met my parents!?" I exclaimed.

"Actually I have. They seem legit." I raised an eyebrow. "Really Carli, they seem legit?"

She shrugged, "Well, what they don't know won't hurt them."

I stared at her blankly. "Really?"

"Yes, really. Sam, you just turned 20. Your parents don't really have legal control over your decisions. It's not like their continuing to check."

I rubbed the back of my neck.

"Are you for real? They still ask a doctor to check if you lost your v-card?" She exclaimed. I looked around the store making sure no one was staring.

"Will you keep it down and yes, they still do. They apparently don't want me making the same mistake my mom did when she had me. She basically gave up everything that way she could take care of me while my dad had to find a way to get money."

"But they made you in the process which isn't a mistake."

"Well by mistake I meant by giving up everything at such a young age."

"When did your parents have you again?"

"I think it was after high school graduation."

"Oh right." I nodded.

Carli walked over to the lingerie as I stood awkwardly, watching her pick something out.

"Sam, do something."

"Do what? I'm socially awkward with this stuff."

"Well, you wouldn't be in this mess, if you would have done it with Nick when your weren't at Prom."

"So Sam, any plans for tomorrow night with Nick?" asked Maya, the Regina George of Eden Prairie.

I shrugged. "I don't know yet."

"Aren't you going to prom?" Carli asked.

"Not sure. Nick and the guys have a state game tomorrow night. Nick doesn't know when
the game is at exactly."

"Like time wise?" Carli asked.
I nodded, "Yeah. Plus it's totally fine. I'm cool without going to Prom. It's to the biggest deal in the world."

Maya stared at me blankly. "It is too, Sam. It's the time when most girls lose their v-card."

"Well, I'm not going to be one of them." I insisted.

She smirked, "Knowing Leddy, it could happen." She walked away.

I looked at Carli, "Am I suppose to know what that means?"

She put her hands up in defense. "I know nothing. I swear on my heart. Nothing."

I rolled my eyes. "Let's go home."

Image

I walked downstairs that early Saturday morning or as the rest of my senior class would say prom day. I hear three different voices. Who could be here? I rubbed my eyes and saw my parents with Nick. I walked over to him and gave him a long hug. He kissed my temple. "I'm sorry about all this. I wish we didn't have this game so I could make it up to you." He said as we walked to the kitchen counter with the breakfast my mom spread out. "It's fine Nick. Prom is just another waste of time and money as I see it. Plus it's senior year, you only my state finals once in your lifetime." I said.

"Sweetie, what are you going to do with your dress?" my mom asked.

"I don't know. Maybe use it for a formal event thing, I guess. Thankfully it's a short dress so I can re-use it."

"Okay. I just didn't want you to feel like we wasted money on something your not going to wear."

"It's fine mom. Honestly. "

"Sam, Nick was talking to us earlier and asked if you could come to the game tonight at the Xcel Energy Center. Since his family will be there, we all agreed that you two could have like a road-trip or something until Tuesday after the game tonight." My dad said.

My eyes widened, "and your letting me do this?"

"Your father and I thought that it could be another bonding opportunity for the both of you before graduation." I smiled and turned to Nick. "This is awesome." I told him.

"Why don't you go pack?" my dad suggested.

"Yeah, Coach said that we could meet the team there and what not, then after practice at the Xcel, we could check in wherever." Nick added, "Well, I have to get everything for the game. Thank you so much for letting Sam do this."

My parents smiled. "It's not a problem Nick."

"I'll come get you in a few hours." He kissed my cheek and walked out the door.
I turned to my parents. "What's up?"

"What are you talking about?" my dad said.

"You usually never let me go out with overnight stuff. Just last year, it took Carli and I like 10 days of convincing you guys to let me sleep over at her house." I explained.

"Well, your father and I think that you are mature enough to handle some things on your own. Especially now that you are a senior, we need to let go and let your grow up." my mom said.

"Thank you so much!!!" I said hugging the both of them. I rushed to my room and started packing everything that I need. I grabbed my phone and texted Nick what exactly I needed to bring. We are staying for a few days. He texted me back with the different events. I searched my closet for all the necessities I needed for this trip. I packed all of my things within the next hour. I changed for the game and dragged my suitcase down the stairs to my parents sitting around the couch conversing.

"What's all this?"

"Well sweetie. Since you didn't really get to experience something that all, we wanted to give you a credit card. We know that you've been working hard not only in school but at work." After school and on weekends, I'd work at the local community center teaching little kids how to skate regardless if it they were taking up figure skating or hockey.

"Your giving me my own credit card!?!?!" I said half excited. They nodded, "But remember emergencies only. We trust you to have this." My dad said handing the card to me. I slipped out my wallet and placed it in there. A car drove up and honked. I took a peek and saw that it was Nick. "Samantha, remember to keep safe okay." my mom said. I hugged her. "I will." I went to my dad and hugged him. "Nothing bad will happen I promise to keep the promise." He pulled away. "Good." He kissed my forehead. "Tell Nick, good luck." I grabbed my things, "Will do." I walked out the door towards Nick's car. He got out and helped me put my things in the trunk. We waved good-bye to my parents and drove off for the Xcel Energy Center.

After 30 minutes of driving to St. Paul, arrived at the home of the Minnesota Wild. Nick parked the car and we got out. "We have practice on the ice in a few. You're welcomed to come with." I smiled. "I'd like that." Nick grabbed his things for practice and we walked into the area. Nick went to the locker room to get ready while I walked around to find the ice. I found a seat behind the players bench and sat down. Practice lasted about an hour especially on game days. I went back down to the locker room to wait for Nick. My phone started buzzing. It was Carli.

Sam, Maya's bugging me if your going tonight? She said on the other side.

"No." I said flatly.

No?? Why!?

"This game is way to important to Nick to be missing out just for Prom. Just not Nick but the rest of the guys on the team." I explained.

Yes, but Prom is on once in a life time.

"Well, I'll never get that experience. Besides, after the game, Nick and I are staying in Minneapolis for a few days."

Well well well, looks like the senior class sweethearts are hitting it up! I heard Maya say on the other side.

"Maya? Carli why is Maya on the phone?" I asked.

She's uh helping me getting ready. I sighed. "Have fun you too." I hung up. I leaned on the wall and slid down, sitting on the floor. I put my head down almost in the verge of tears. I heard the footsteps of the guys. I looked up to see Nick walk up. He rushed over to me, "What happened? What's wrong butter cup?" I shook my head and leaned towards his ear that way none of his teammates heard me. "Maya is just upset that I'm not going to Prom and she's been pressuring me to lose my virginity. I've explained to her a number of times what my parents have said about that." I whispered. Nick pulled me into a hug and stroked my hair. "She shouldn't be upset. It's your decision to support me and the guys at this game. Which is why I love you. Most of the guys' girls were upset that they couldn't go. But you accepted to support us. Secondly, I would never pressure you to have sex, Sam. You know me. Sure I may joke around with you when we kiss and stuff but I wouldn't make you do something that your uncomfortable with." He pulled away and kissed my forehead. "We'll always have more adventures together than going to prom." I laughed.

We heard another pair of steps and turned around. "Sam, you are actually here. I thought Leds was just bluffing." said Coach Smith.

"Yes I am Coach and nope. I chose to be here rather than Prom." I said.
Coach Smith patted Nick on the back, "She's a keeper, Leds. Treat her well."
I smiled. "Will do Coach." he said.

"See you both later." He said walking out the door.


"See Sam. That wasn't so bad was it?" Carli asked as we walked out of Victoria's Secret. I shrugged. "Not really. Glad I didn't buy anything."
"Oh hush. I have things I need." I laughed shaking my head.
"Whatever, let's keep on shopping."
♠ ♠ ♠
State Finals Hockey Game
Mall with Carli

Sorry it's been a while. I promise the next chapter will be soon if I get some comments on this chapter.

Remember Commets = Happy = More Chapters

For all my readers, Happy Holidays! :)

-Sam