Status: Starting Slow

As Long As You Love Me

13

When I got to the Sharp residence, I limped to the door and knocked quickly. Elina opened the door. "It's about…. Oh my gosh. What happened?" she said. All the other girls turned their heads towards the door. Elina helped me inside. Dayna pulled out a chair for me to sit on and Julia went to the closet to get me a towel. "Sam, what happened?" Abby asked sitting next to me. I explained the incident to the girls. They all had disgusted looks on their faces. "Who would do such a thing?" Kelly Rae said. I shrugged. "I'll call the police." Danielle said pulling out her phone. "Sam, we have to call Nick and tell him." Jana said.

Image

Nick's P.O.V.

All of the guys and their dads were hanging out in lounge area set up for us. A couple of the guys and their dads including me and my dad were playing Blackjack. Hoss walked up to me and pulled me away from the game. "Hey Leds. My wife just called me and told me that something is wrong with Sam." I stared at him. "Do you know what's wrong?" I asked him. "You should call her to find out. I don't want to get anything wrong." Hoss said patting me on the back. I took out my phone from my pocket and called Sam.

H-hel-hello? She said. He voice sounded very weak.

"Buttercup. What happened? Is everything okay?" I asked desperately into the phone.

She explained everything that had happened. I clinched my phone tight in my hand. That damn chef does not have the right to touch my girlfriend like that.

"Sam. Please tell me you are safe right now." I asked.

Yeah, I'm at the Sharps place. There was a pause. Abby said that I can stay with her until you guys come back.

"Please do." I said as my voice cracked.

Nick don't worry about me. I'm safe right now. I have the other halves with me.

"Samantha. Please stay there until I come back. I don't want to see you get her anymore."

I heard her giggle a bit. Nick, I'm in good hands. Just concentrate on your game. I love you.

"I love you too Buttercup. Stay out of the streets."

Goodbye Snicks. I laughed and hung up. My dad came over and asked who called. I explained the entire situation with the chef and what just happened with Sam right now. "Is she alright?" he asked. I nodded, "She is. She's staying over with Sharpie's wife until we get back."

"That's good."

Image

Sam's P.O.V.

A few days after the incident, I woke up at the Sharp residence one early morning. I walked downstairs meeting Abby in the kitchen. "How are you feeling?" she asked taking a sip of her water. I took a seat across from her. "Fine I guess, a little queasy but fine. Also a little happy that Nick and the guys are coming back. But then not so excited about the whole circus trip coming up. She shoved a plate of eggs in front of me. "That's one of the things I hate about the NHL. Those long road trips. Especially since they aren't even going to be in town for Thanksgiving as well. It's something you have to deal with when you make a commitment in a hockey player's life. But on the bright side, you're never alone." She said as I took a bite from the eggs. I nodded and swallowed.

"I think that's the best part." I said.

"It sure is." Abby said agreeing.

After biting into another bite of the eggs I felt sick to my stomach. I quickly ran into bathroom. "Sam!" Abby said wobbling after me. After doing my business, I sat next to the toilet leaning my head on the seat. "Sam, I have an test if you want it." I nodded. She wobbled away to grab the test while I got up and opened the window. I don't care if it is November, I need fresh air. Abby walked back to me holding the test. She handed it to me. I stared at it for a couple of minutes. "You don't have to take it right away. Just take your time." She said hugging me.

I drove to Nick's apartment after having breakfast with Abby. I searched for the spare key again under the 'Welcome' mat. I unlocked the door and rushed inside. I hung up my jacket and plopped myself on his couch. I turned on the TV and changed it to HBO to watch whatever movie was on. Elf was on. I got up and walked to Nick's room and grabbed the blanket that was neatly laid out on his bed. I walked back to the living room along with the blanket and resumed watching Elf. Through the middle of the movie, I felt sick and ran to the bathroom. I threw up whatever was coming up in the toilet. I cleaned up a little bit and walked back to the living room. I started nodding off into sleep afterwards.

"Nick, don't bother her. She's asleep." I heard someone say. I turned my head slightly and tried to open my eyes. I opened them to Nick sitting on the coffee table watching me. "Hey, sleep head. Long day?" Nick said laughing a bit. I shook my head, as he walked over to the couch sitting next to me. "Are you feeling okay?" I heard that voice say again. I turned around to face seeing it was Nick's dad. "I'm fine, I guess. Just a little terrified but overall I'm fine." I said assuming Nick told his dad what happened. "Did you hear anything from the police?" I shook my head. "Not yet. But I've heard the story on the news." Nick's eyes widened. "Don't worry. They didn't say that I was dating you or anything. I was more of the usual 'Guy rapes a woman in the city. Women left hurt.'" I said quoting the Chicago news. "Police here in Chicago are sometimes useless." I continued.

Image

Throughout the rest of the day, Nick, his dad and myself hung out until it was time for Mike's flight back to Eden Prairie. "Mike it was so nice to hang out with you again." I said hugging him. "Sam, you'll always be like a daughter to me no matter what." I let go to let Nick and his dad say their good-byes.

Flight 38c to Eden Prairie is now boarding.

"I guess that's my flight." Mike said. Nick nodded. "Nick, Sam. Here is some advice. No matter what happens. Promise to always be true to each other. Don't let one thing put you down." We both hugged him one last time as he walked through the tunnel.

"You hungry?" Nick asked. "Maybe just a little." He side hugged me. "Let's go then." Nick and I walked back to the car in silence. The car ride back to the condo was complete silence, which was a little weird. I took out my phone and texted Abby.

What do I do? Nick is really quiet. He's never like this around me.

Did you tell him yet?

Not quite yet.

Did you even take the test yet?

No.

Let him take everything in.

Okay.


I slid my phone back into my purse. When we got to the condo, we silently took the elevator up to the condo. When Nick opened the door, he walked straight to his room. I sighed and walked to the kitchen and started cooking lunch.

Once the lunch was cooking in the oven, I looked at my purse which had the test in it and looked at the bedroom door. I quietly walked towards the bedroom and knocked on the door. "Nick?" I said slightly opening the door. I peeked my head in the room. I saw that Nick was sitting on the edge of the bed with his hands on his head. I walked towards him and sat down next to him. "Nick?" I said leaning my head on his shoulder.

"Sam. I'm sorry." He said quietly.

I moved his hands away from his head and hugged him. "Nicky. It's not your fault."

"I should have been protecting you. I should have kee…"

I kissed him on the lips. I slowly pulled away. "Nick. It's not your fault. There will be moments we're you won't be about to protect me. But there will always be friends there to help me out. Just relax." I said sitting on his lap.

"What ever happens, we'll get through this together." I continued.

Image

A couple weeks later, the Hawks were playing their last home game against the Oilers before the Circus Trip. Nick was currently at morning practice and I was alone in his condo. I've felt more queasy after this past couple weeks. I decided to take the test now. I took the test out and did whatever I had to do. I left the test on the bathroom counter and took my phone out and to call Abby.

Hello? She answered.

"Hey Abby. Guess what I just did."

Did you take the test already.

"Yup. Now I have to wait."

How are you going to tell Nick?

"No idea yet. Maybe when he gets home from practice which will be anytime soon." I said.

Well good luck chicky. Tell me how it goes.

"Will do. Thanks Abby."

Not a problem. Bye.

"Bye" I hung up. I heard the door open and footsteps walk in.

"Buttercup I'm home." I laughed.

"Do you insist in calling me that?" I asked. "More or less." he said kissing my cheek. "I have a surprise for you." I jolted up a little. "What is it?" I asked in suspicion. "Close your eyes." I did what I was told. I heard a small bark. "Nick please don't tell me you did." I opened my eyes to see Nick chasing a puppy Husky. "Blue come back here." he said chasing the little guy. He ran up to me and sat in place. I knelt down to pick up the furball. "Aww he's so cute." I said petting Blue. "He should be. He's ours now." I looked at Nick with a smile. "Really." I said continuing to pet him. I suddenly felt a metal object, nothing like a collar. I looked at it and it was a little tag saying Will you move in with me? I looked at Nick and smiled. He smiled with a cheesy smile. "So?" I walked up to him. "Yes." I said kissing him on the lips.

A few hours later, Nick had just woken up from his pre-game nap and went to get ready. I had just finished changing for the game so I sat in our bedroom playing with Blue. Nick came out of the shower holding something in his hand. "Uh Sam. What is this?" He said holding up the test in front of me. I didn't realize that I had left it on the bathroom counter the entire day.
♠ ♠ ♠
School's out! New Update. Hope you like it. :)

-Sam