The Vampire's Promise

Chapter fifteen: Quiet

For the next few days, Vladimir and I had to take back more towers from enemy hands. The demons were tough opponents, but my powers were getting easier to control.

Vladimir was getting paler by the day. I wondered if he was feeding at all. I followed him into his study after one of our missions, where he sat slowly down in a chair.

"Vlad, are you feeling alright?" I asked. I took a seat in the chair across from him.

"Of course, I'm fine," he smiled at me. My eyes narrowed.

"Are you sure? You don't look like you are." I leaned back in my chair and crossed my arms over my chest.

"I'm completely sure," Vladimir sighed. "Are you alright, Carol?"

"I'm fine," I continued to stare at him. This caused him to shift uncomfortably in his seat and look away from me. "Vlad, have you been feeding?"

"Why are you asking that?" he laughed, though it sounded nervous.

"have you been drinking any blood at all?" I leaned forward in my chair again.

"I- I haven't been..." Vladimir looked at the floor. I let the fact sink in for a moment.

"Why not?" I questioned. Vladimir looked around the room for a long time, his gaze falling anywhere except me. Finally his gaze stopped on me.

"I haven't been feeding like I normally do, because I can't now," he began. "I can only drink your blood now, but I really don't want to turn you into a meal, on top of all the things you already think that I think of you as."

"Oh," I leaned back again. "Really?"

"I'm not lying to you," Vladimir nodded his head.

"So, you haven't been feeding because you can only drink from me now?" He gave me a look that read didn't I just say that? "And you're too afraid to ask me to let you feed from me, because you think I'll hate you or something?"

"That's pretty much the reason, yes," he nodded again.

"Okay, stand up," I let out a heavy sigh. He did as I said. "Come closer now."

He stepped closer to me. When he came into my reach, I grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him down to eye level. His hands grasped the armrests of the chair to keep him from falling onto me.

"Next time just ask," I said.

"A-are you sure?" his eyebrows knitted together. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm sure."

"Alright," he whispered.

His lips came to slowly rest against my neck, where he placed several soft kisses. A few small shivers ran up my spine. Vladimir chuckled a little, placing one of his hands against the other side of my neck.

"If I had any doubts that you were attracted to me, they've certainly faded now," he whispered before licking my neck. I shivered again.

"Hurry up," I demanded.

"As you wish." He licked a small area of my neck again before biting down hard, his teeth piercing my skin with a small 'pop'. The bite hurt a little, but like last time the pain faded.

"You like that you can do that to me, don't you?" I sighed, running a hand through his hair. He chuckled against my neck. "I'm taking that as a-"

I gasped when he ran his tongue over the wound.

"T-that kind of hurt, you know," I tugged a little at his hair. Vladimir sucked harder at the wound, his other arm finding its way around my waist and pulling me tight against him. "H-hey."

He licked the wound again, groaning quietly. "Mine," he murmured against my neck. My eyes widened a little bit.

"Uh, yeah? I'm your queen," but it felt like he meant more than that.

Vladimir growled, pulling harder at the wound, holding me closer. I let out a small sound. He pulled back, covering his mouth.

"I'm sorry, I..." He turned away from me. "I didn't mean to..."

"That's fine..." I whispered, gently grasping his chin. "Let me see them."

"What?" his gaze returned to me.

"Your fangs; I want to see them," I explained. He let me pull his hand slowly from his face.

"Wow," I stared at them.

They were longer than a normal person's canines, though slightly thinner. His teeth were the most perfect white I had ever seen. I ran the tip of my finger over one of them, and Vladimir lightly dragged his fangs over my finger, his eyes closed.

"Do they hurt when they come out?" I asked, watching as he kissed my fingers slowly, one by one.

"They only ache when I'm thirsty," he mumbled, trailing kisses up my arm.

"Oh." I gasped when his lips reached my shoulder. He trailed kisses closer to my neck. When his lips met my skin again instead of the fabric of my shirt, he dragged his tongue along the rest of the way to the wound on my neck. I gasped and wound my fingers through his hair.

"They ache right now," he whispered, "but I've already satisfied the thirst. You do strange things to me, Carol..."

I pulled his face from my neck and stared into his icy eyes.

"You do them to me, too," I told him. He grinned widely and his fangs shrunk back.

"I know. Thank you, Carol," he gently held my face in his hands. "You are wonderful."

I giggled and said, "I bet you say that to all the girls."

"No," his voice was quiet. "Just you." Then his lips captured mine. It was a very tender kiss, and I happily returned it. It felt as if I was melting into heaven. I never wanted the moment to end.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, now I just have to type chapter sixteen up. That might take a while, because I'm thinking of editing some things within it. Any mistakes found will be fixed later.