Life Made For Television

Uno

I think most people dramatize their school too much, walking along the halls of mine I don't see anything too out of the ordinary. There's a good mixture of boys and girls, and if you were expecting to find cliques and easily identify who was more liked than someone else you'd be confused by the end of the day. There's a girl over there dressed head to toe in all black, hanging out with another girl in bright, name brand clothing. The groups of boys weren't divided either, maybe only by which year they were in but even that was subject to change.

My school has been rated as the most tolerant schools in the whole state; we have a thriving Gay-Straight Alliance, a whole month dedicated to learning different cultures, and have the most diverse kids around. You'd think that as a regular melting pot there wouldn't be much trouble, and with the workload we get dumped with each day I'm surprised at how people find the time to talk and gossip. To me it's pretty much staying awake through class and turning in homework on time. Not to say I don't have friends, my three good friends Maria, Lucas, and Gil make time to drag me out of my own little world.

"Hey, why weren't you online last night?" It was Maria walking up to me, her brown curly waves bouncing everywhere. She always looked like she was dressed for a runway, looking down at her six inch heels I couldn't imagine being able to walk around in school like that.

"It's just getting boring, no one really talks on there and the same status posts every five minutes becomes a drag." I knew I sounded like I didn't care, but I did. I wanted to find something to talk about. I tried to cover up my smirk as I passed by Shane and her boyfriend Marc.

"Did you see what Shane posted pictures of last week?" I couldn't help but giggle, when Maria gets mad she smacks her gum in her mouth and the way she cocks her hip and glares can be really entertaining.

"Who didn't see that? Her tits were spilling out of her shirt, well if you call that a shirt." It wasn't any secret that Maria's passionate hatred of Shane was because she wanted Marc. Apparently two summers ago they hooked up but he never called her back, next year he shows up with Shane making googly eyes are her and kissing her in the halls.

"I think someone should stand up to her, you know? I mean, she probably has issues. " I added to Maria's growing anger. Shane and I never got along, I met her back in elementary school when we were 5. She teased me for having darker skin, I teased her for having a boy's name. I don't think we ever put that behind us, but we just avoided her most of the time.

"You're right, say, why don't you bring Lucas and Gil over to my house tonight. I think I've got the perfect idea for that whore." I laughed, but agreed none the less. As I heard the last bell for the day ring, I caught the attention of the two boys by the side of the school's fountain.

"Hey losers, we're going to Maria's house so get your ass in gear and let's go!" They both walked over and you'd never expect these two to be friends. They both looked so opposite of one another, Lucas being fit, blonde and short while Gil was tall, chubby and the school band's conductor.

If I would've been told what was going to happen when we got to Maria's house, I can't honestly say if I wouldn't have gone. In fact, I don't really think changing what happened is a good idea.