Status: Done :)

An Abandoned Imprint

How Jacob and Katherine Met

I went through another day of patrolling fro three hours straight and went straight home. I said hi to my dad, though he ignored me, like he’s been doing ever since the day she left. I shake my head and walk into my room. It’s no longer clean, like the way she always kept it for me. I had dirty clothes mixed in with clean clothes all over the floor, heck you can’t even see the floor.

I made my way to my bed, kicking clothes out of my way, mentally reminding myself to spend my day off patrols to wash my clothes. I was running out of clean clothes fast, I sighed to myself before I put my hands behind my head and closed my eyes.

Lately, I felt as if something has been missing in my life, like its incomplete in some way. At first I thought it was because of Bella, choosing the bloodsucker over me, but later on I began to have second thoughts.

I looked to my left and found a piece of paper sticking out from between the floorboards. I sat up and grabbed it. I opened it up and found a picture Emily had taken of Katherine and me, she had taken it before I even realized I had imprinted on her. We were friends before all this supernatural stuff began happening to us.

Hell, she was a friend with everybody. Katherine was always popular in school, she was even friends with Leah. She was a loyal friend to her before and after the whole Sam and Emily incident that had left Leach into the bitch she is today.

I let my finger trace her face as I remembered the first day I met her. We were twelve when we met. Embry, Quil and I had gone to the ice cream place, after we got our allowance.

I was walking down the street with Embry on one side and Quil on the other. Back then we did everything together. We had just gotten our monthly allowance and wanted some ice cream. We walked out with our ice cream cones and found a little girl crying on the floor as some bullies laughed and pointed at her ice cream which was on the floor melting.

I remember getting a feeling, like I had to protect her. I got angry, the guys followed my lead and we ended up getting in a fight with them. I don’t remember who won, I remember being hurt badly.

I was sitting on the floor rubbing the back of me head, from where I hit the wall when one the kids pushed me. A shadow came over us and we all looked up. We found the little girl sniffling as she stared at us, her cheeks tinted pink slightly.

“Are you okay?” I asked her as I looked at her scraped knee.

She nodded her head before running off. I watched her go mad because we fought for her and she didn’t even say thank you and a little sad because I didn’t get her name. Before either one of us could stand she came back with a first aid kit in her hands and she ran back to us.

“Don’t move. My grandma showed me how to clean boo boos after I kept getting hurt from bullies,” she said in her shy voice. I watched her silently as she put the first aid kit and slowly began to bandage me up. I stared in awe as she cleaned all my cuts and giggled whenever I made a funny face as she cleaned the cuts with the alcohol wipes.

She had bandaged Embry and Quil up to and we all stood. “Aww, we didn’t even get to finish our ice cream” Quil said as he stared down sadly at our melted ice cream cones on the floor.

“My name’s Jacob, this is Quil and Embry,” I said as I pointed to the guys. They waved at her smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please post comments! I'm glad a lot of you liked my story, but I would like more comments if you want me to continue!