Status: Done :)

An Abandoned Imprint

Shit, He Found Me

I drove through the town, taking my time and made my way across the treaty line. I took a deep breath I had seemed to be holding as I crossed the line and slowly made my way to Billy’s house. I parked in front of the house and called Billy’s house phone.

“Hello” Billy’s deep baritone voice said into the receiver.

“Hey, Billy its me. Is Jacob home?” I asked as I slowly got out of the car and opened the back doors to unbuckle my kids before I grabbed them.

“Nope, he has patrol until eight why? Wait, what does this have to do with anything, you’re in New York,” he said.

“Hold on, I’ll call you back and let you know,” I said hanging up as he said okay. I put my cell phone in my purse and got my kids out of their car seats and knocked on the door twice.

The door swung open and there he was, a man who I thought of as a father, in his wheelchair staring up at me in awe. “Hello Billy, I’m back,” I said as I smiled at him.

“Come in, come in” he said rolling back and out of the way so I could come inside the house. I walked in and found the house as messy as it was when I had first moved in, shaking my head I tsked at the mess.

“Cleaning hasn’t been our top priority for a long time” Billy said as he stared at the babies in sadness and happiness.

“Grandpa Billy, I would like you to meet your grandchildren, this is Jayden Billy Black and Angela Marie Black” I said as he handed them to Billy so he could hold them both, one in each arm.

“Jayden, Angela…Black?” Billy asked confused and excited.

“Yeah, I always thought I would be a Black someday but I knew they should at least have something of Jacob’s, so I gave them your last name instead of mine” I said as I stared at Billy holding his grandchildren happily. Billy stared into their eyes and cooed at them as he rocked them side to side in his arms.

“Can you take care of them, so I could see what I can do about this mess?” I asked as I hung up my coat and put the diaper bag down. I went into the kitchen first after Billy told me he would, I gave him his time with his grandchildren, and found the sink filled to the rim with dirty dishes.

I got the radio out of the restroom and turned it on to my favorite radio station and sang along as I cleaned the kitchen. Two hours later I had the clothes washed and folded, put away. I had the kitchen clean and sparkly, the dishes washed and put away. I had the living room swept and mopped, I even had the restroom cleaned. I didn’t bother to even go into their rooms. I went to check on Billy and the kids and found him watching TV is my babies bounced on his knees as they watched cartoons.

I smiled to myself and went into the kitchen to see what they had, I was planning on making lunch. And they had nothing in the fridge. “Billy, I’m going to the market so I can make you some lunch, is there anything you want from the store?” I asked him.

“Nope, but I’ll take care of the kids. Anything is fine for lunch” he said as he rolled into the doorway with the kids on his lap.

I left the house and got in the car. I drove a little ways to a market in La Push; I didn’t feel like driving all the way to Forks just for the store. I got to the store and ran into someone I never thought I would see at an actual store, let alone buying ice cream, Paul.

“Katherine?” he yelled out.

Shit he noticed me, I’m screwed.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you guys like it, comment please!