Oxycontin Suicide

New Family. New Neighbors,Same Emptyness.

Vampire caught a cab to her Aunt Velme's house with the little money she had in her pocket. The cab driver, a stocky man named Grahme, spoke in a strong New York accent and chattered on aimlessly about the stock market, which bored her half to death. Finally, the yellow cab pulled up at a house. Vampire made another mental list.

It was stone.
It had three stories.
It was old
It felt odd.
It had a shared upstairs balcony with the house next door.
It contained Aunt Velme.
The cab driver would finally be rid of.

The last one made her chuckle a bit, which the demonic voice inside of her immediately scolded her for. Vampire noticed a bluish-gray sedan pull up at the driveway to the left of her. Out of it stepped a familiar face.

It was the face of Frank Iero.

She didn't understand why it pained her so that he didn't notice her, he was getting too many hugs from everybody. This sent a pain of jealosy into Vampire's system. It felt awkward to her, foriengn even. She figured closely, that she just wanted Frank to prove the demonic voices that haunt her wrong. But, as always, they were right again.

Vampire walked to the door. She knocked, using an ancient brass knocker in the shape of a lion's head. A woman, with glasses as round and thick as coke bottles, mouse brown hair, a shawl, dress, and and apron combined, and a boy, about ten, lingering behind her.

"Ahh yes." The lady said, with a strong Irish accent. "You must be young Serendipity. Such a joy to meet you finally." She was complacent, and kind, her house smelling of tea, wine, and dust, much like a sunny Italian antique shop. "Ah, please," Vampire said wearily.
"Call me Vampire." The lady chuckled, and added, "Nonsense, yer parents wouldn't wantin' yer to be callin' yerself a vampire! But alas, I'll do as ye wish. No use 'n bein' complaceant with a young teenager as yerself." She looked at the boy behind her. "I'll introduce ye to the family after ye pick out yer room."

Vampire went upstaires, to the second floor, the large bedroom, with the balcony, connecting to the neighbor's house. She opened the glass sliding doors to get the antique shop smell out of it. The room was pink, which she hated very much, but it was large, had a television, a stereo, and its own bathroom. She could be a hermit in here as much as she liked.

A song poured through the open sliding doors. She looked out onto the balcony, and looked through the neighbor's sliding doors. Vampire saw Frank on his bed writing something and then smacking a fly onto his pitch black walls. He wiped it on his hand. She went downstairs.

The lady introduced herself as Aunt Velme, the boy as Deacon, and the West Highland White Terrier they owned, as Ghost. Vampire already disliked Ghost. He was too happy. Deacon was quiet and never spoke. He had huge glasses like his mother's.

"Ohh Darlin'" Aunt Velme said, breaking the awkward silence. "The tea's done." She excitedly handed Vampire and Deacon a cup. They drank it and then as soon as the cup was done, Aunt Velme insisted she read the leaves. The fortunes were as followed:

Aunt Velme: Some changes will be made or thrust upon thee;
Deacon: You will lose a fight that shouldn't have been started in the first place.
Vampire: Bad things should happen to you, but a silver lining will come.

Vampire smiled at the bad things part, but frowned upon the silver lining. She didn't want anymore of this batty lady so she bid Deacon and Aunt Velme good night and went up to her room. She stepped out on the balcony for some fresh air. Unfortunately, she wasn't the only one out there. The other being was Frank Iero.