Oxycontin Suicide

School,

A yellow bus came whisling down the bumpy road to pick Vampire up. Frank stood next door on his own driveway, looking at his Converse. The bus came to a halt, permitting with it's large pneumatic doors for them to enter.

The bus went silent.

Gasps from kids just screamed 'New Kids'.

Frank and Vampire took their seats. Vampire's head made a list of observations on the bus:

2 Kids making out (EWW! ON A BUS?)
1 Kid reading.
1 kid drawing.
2 kids humming.
1 kid staring blatenly out the window.
14 kids enjoying themselves at one point.
Frank, staring at her, crying silently two seats over.

"I can see you, you know." She told Frank, who perked up at her voice.
"Yeah, I know."
The short conversation was brought to a hault by a squeaky opening of the bus's doors.

"Out we are." The driver said. Pointing to an entrance of a vast school, mostly brick with a tin roof, children exited. She exited last.

Double doors welcomed her with austere arms. The kids were making sexual jokes and cussing each other out. It was a middle school, definately. The halls reeked of Axe body spray, and kids with asthma coughed. The culprits giggled among themselves.

Behind her, some kids were rapping and wearing thier pants to their knees, hats to the side, overside 'G-Unit' jackets flapping with thier useless arms. She walked to class, the 7th Grade Hall, (aka, middle corridor) and its contents staring at her. Frank was behind. She knew it.

The 'New Kid' gasps continued.

Vampire walked into her first class, Language Arts, who's teacher, Mrs. Lewis, was a young lady with chin-length brunette hair, a cheery smile, and lots of students talking out of turn.

"Class," She started. "CLASS!" The sniggling children stopped.
"We are very lucky, for we have not only one, but TWO new students with us." Some kids moaned, other kids looked hopeful. Some whispered.

"Thier names are Serendipity, and Frank." Sniveling kids told them all they needed to hear. There was no use telling teachers that her name was Vampire, as they would just giggle and tell her to take her seat. "Tell us about yourselves." Mrs. Lewis said.

"Uh, I'm Serendipity," Vampire started, her voice hitching at her name. "And uh, I moved here." She took her seat, not another word spoken. Frank started.
"I'm Frank, and I like to play guitar." He sat down and looled aimlessly at a blank sheet of notebook paper.

There were alot of kids in Vampire and Frank's class, most of them snotty, popular, doctor's children with designer clothing and snive voices. She hated it here already.

They moved on to science, which was boring.

At lunch, Frank had already made friends. This was Vampire's list of them:

Kid with black hair, hazel eyes, and pale features.
Kid with glasses, and sandy hair.

Frank was on the phone, later that day, talking so loudly to one of them, Vampire could hear him in her room.

"Yeah Gerard." He said, twirling the phone cord around his pinky.
"So there's Ray and Bob coming too?"
"Vacation?"
"Yeah."
"Um-hum"
"Okay."
"Bye."

The phone hung up. Frank smiled at her, and a tear rolled down his face. He slid his door shut, while Vampire, for the first time in years, slit her wrists.

Who knew that the second day of school was to be hell for her?

Frank would've helped, if he were within earshot of the tragedy that would unfold for her the next day, in the girl's bathroom.

Who knew?