Oxycontin Suicide

Quaritine! Oh Dear God!

"Serendipity!!" Frank screamed after the paramedics who were running down the corridor of the spectacularly white hospital with young Vampire on a gurney.

"Shuttup, boy, there's sleeping patients!" The bald one scolded Frank.
"Let me follow you, PLEASE!"
"Just wait in the waiting room, she'll be presentable soon." The man was pissing Frank off. He wanted to see her go, if she did.
"Fine," He spat between clenched teeth. "But if she dies, I blame you and the rest of the fucking hospital."
"SITTDOWN BOY!"
"Heh." Frank was dizzy from the trauma. He walked down sullenly to the waiting room, where the uncomfortable chairs and horrid nurses greeted him evilly.

"Who be ya here for, son?" The secretary asked spitting and smacking her disgusting gum.
"Serendipity..." He fumbled in his head what her last name was.
"Oh, the youngin that just arrived?"
"Yeah."
"Sittdown."
"Thanks."

Frank played with his hands, wondering how Vampire was paying off. The clock ticked loudly. 'They shouldn't have annoying clocks in hospitals.' Frank thought to himself. His eyes wandered. A young girl, about five, was sitting down crying softly agaist her mother. Tears welled in his hazels, thinking about how worse off other people were than he.

He sighed, twiddling his thumbs and making up scenarios for what was happening to Vampire in the ER. Frank was angry at Gerard, but he really shouldn't be. Gerard meant well, but he just needed to open his eyes to the beauty in others. He truly did care, Frank believed, about Vampire, but he was just scared outta his wits. Frank was too.

Frank sat there for what seemed like an eternity, but in reality, was only two hours. Alas, two hours without something to do, except worry, was an eternity. A nurse called Frank in to see her. He shuddered, and followed her, looking at his Converse.

"Mr. Iero." The doctor, a man in his mid-forties conversed with Frank. "You are very lucky, for this young lady would have died from dehydration if you and the other boy you were with didn't call an ambulance. She is very lucky."

Frank smiled, at the fact that she was okay, but his happiness didn't last long.
"Alas, dear boy, she is very weak, depressed, and malnourished. She needs to be watched very carefully, and she is going to have to stay a few days for observation."

Frank was going to be, excuse the pun, very frank and straightforward with this man.
"What exactly IS wrong with her?" He asked.
"She had a panic attack, and collapsed. Something quite dramatic must have happened before her, ah, little incident." He looked at his clipboard.
"Might you know what that is, Mr. Iero?"
"She was attemted to be drowned by this horridly popular bitch."
"Ah, yes. A pity. It would force my theory to be sadly correct."
"Has her family been here yet?" Frank asked.
"Well, no. We contacted her aunt, and she seemed quite eccentric on the phone, but she simply HAD to stay at work. We took some time to notify anyone else, but sadly, she's new, and has no other contacts. So after our hard work, we allowed to let you in, Mr. Iero."

"Is that why my wait was so unpleasantly long?"
"Yes, sir. But she should live, and OBVIOUSLY her aunt isn't really taking an interest. She's only been here one day, and she's already in the hospital. I think her aunt is just protecting herself from the drama of teenagers."
"True, we are dramatic."

Frank was interrupted by a nurse saying that she could have a visitor now.
"Well, I suppose, since her aunt's not here, that'd be you, Mr. Iero." The doctor stared blatenly at his clipboard, once again. Frank entered.

He was greeted by the horrible smell of disinfectant, and the sight of Vampire, still asleep, with thousands of needles in her arms, and oxygen tubes on her face.
"Vampire?" Frank asked hopefully.
"Uhmhm?" Vampire mumbled, sleepy, and drugged.
"Oh thank GOD you're alive!!" Frank was crying.
"Uhhum, Fwank."
"Oh dearest God, thank you for not killing her!!" Vampire rolled her eyes.
"How do you feel?"
"Pissed at all of these damn tubes and needled in me."
"It's pretty hard to bear I imagine."

To Frank, she looked different. She looked at peace, and normal, as if a burden has been released. Her features, usually sharp, now looked softened, and peaceful. She looked like a normal little girl. The nurse came in.

"Hon, It's time for the painkillers." She said.
"No! I just woke up!" Vampire pleaded against the needle being injected in her arm.
"Fwankie I'm sorry."

This hit him like a slap in the face. She'd never spoke kindly to him before. But she had changed.

"Fwank. The voices." Tears welled up in Vampire's eyes. Tears of joy. "They're gone."
"Voices? What voices?"
"The demonic ones in my head. The ones I pleaded against."
"Oh, That's wonderful, Vampire!"
"Please, now they are gone, call me Serendipity."

Frank percieved this quietly, and felt his own face get wet with tears.

"Yes, Serendipity, I will."
"Ah!" She laughed as the nurse stuck a needle in her arm. "Hahaha!" She was lucid, yet so happy. Serendipity fell asleep, a smile placed gently on her lips.

"You may go now, Mr. Iero." The nurse addressed Frank. He left quietly. He was so happy that the beauty he knew inside of her, and her true self, was coming out. In fact, he skipped home. Something occured to him. His face was a mask of shock.

He needed to find out what had made her that horrid way before, so he could prevent from ever happening again. He needed to do it quick.

Alas, that answer lied with Serendipity.

Frank was going to make his plan to pry it out of her, but he was terribly afraid of a relapse if he did.

He'd risk it, but he wanted to find out who she was, so he could imprint it in his mind. he wanted to expirience her happy. Before the risk of sadness developed.

But for now, Frank Iero just hummed a happy tune to himself.