Status: Started.

Under Atlantis

Prince Of Atlantis

His face looked like that of a cornered animal. "Josh?" I asked.
"I...um...you see..." Josh mumbled. I've known him for a long time, since first grade actually, and I instantly could tell he was hiding something and was trying to find a way out. Currently he was starting at the patio door like he was judging if he could get there and get out before anyone stopped him, or he could tell us. Thankfully he choose the latter.
"I was with my dad." He muttered. You see, Josh is a foster child, he never knew his parents. So he stays with a foster family that doesn't know about the fish thing. Therefore, we've never met them.
"You found him!" Victoria exclaimed. Everybody started to agree, oh my, they really were stupid at times, huh.
I rolled my eyes and asked, "If you were with your dad, and you were underwater, who's your dad?" He gave me a look that said, you couldn't have just let it go.
"Listen, I know my dad, I've known him for years, but I couldn't tell you."
"Why?" Eddie asked.
"Because if anyone knew about me, I would probably be killed." Victoria gasped, but Josh continued. "My dad was betrothed to a women at age 20. He didn't love her, didn't even like her. She is a cruel lady with absolutely no sense of humor. But before they got married, my dad fell in love with my mom. She was just a farm girl, but her dad was a merman and her mom was a human. So whenever she went out of the water she turned human, and when she was in the water, she was a mermaid. That's where I get my power. My dad couldn't marry her, however, he always wished he could have.
"They hung out when ever they could, and then one day, she announced she was pregnant with his child. Unfortunately, if anyone knew that I was my fathers son, both my mom and I would be killed. So, my mom and her parents ran away to stay in a cabin far away from Atlantis. When it was time for my mom to have, well, me, my dad came to help her. But she died in birth."
You could easily hear the sadness in his voice when he said that. He gulped hard and went on, "My dad couldn't take me, so he took me onto land and left me at the doorstep of a foster family. One day, while I was swimming, my dad came up and told me the entire story. At first I didn't believe it, but he swore it was true, but that I couldn't tell anyone. Not even you." He said looking right at me.
"Josh," I whispered, "who is your dad?"
After a minute he said, "My dad is Neptune, king of Atlantis."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment or Subscribe!