Status: Oneshot

Sick

1/1

“Way?”
“Mikey? It’s me Frank.”
“What’s up?”
“Are you free today? Could you give me a ride to the doctor?” Frank coughed loudly and could nearly imagine the goose bumps Mikey developed.
“Sure. Are you fine?”
“No not really, to be honest.”
“Okay, I’ll be there in half an hour.”
“Thanks.”
“You’re welcome.”

Frank didn’t look so good, as he opened the door for Mikey. His face was totally white, his lips almost pale, therefore his lids deep violet.
He wore one of Gerard’s sweats and a thick scarf around his neck.
“You look like hell.”
“I really don’t feel very well.” Frank murmured and started coughing again. “God I fucking hate my immune system.”
Mikey smoothed his arm softly and in spite of the sweater he could feel the heat of Frank’s body.
“Normally I wouldn’t panic that much but now...” Frank swallowed slightly and waved one of his hands.
“Of course.”
“I didn’t dare driving myself, my circulation sucks.”
“Hey, don’t mind. You’ve got everything?”
“Just a moment.” Frank slipped into one of Gerard’s winter jackets, put on his shoes and took his wallet from the drawer near the door. “Okay.” He coughed and followed Mikey outside.
It was just after New Year’s Day and almost ice cold in New Jersey.
“Thank you again Mikey.” Frank leaned his head against the cool window and closed his eyes.
“It’s really no problem, don’t worry, Frank.”
The younger one stayed silent and put a hand on his belly.

There weren’t much people at the doctor’s.
“Hello. I’m Frank Iero. I called in just an hour ago.” Frank’s voice sounded hoarse and scratchy and the nurse just nodded.
“You’re the next one; just take a seat for a short time. I’ll call you.”
Frank nodded and followed Mikey to the waiting room.
“Aren’t you too hot?” Mikey looked questioning at Frank, who was still sitting there fully dressed.
“No. I’m freezing.” Frank mumbled and looked at his fingers.
They sat there in silence until:
“Mr. Iero.” Frank rose awkwardly and followed the nurse.

“Mr. Iero.” Dr. Fisher, his doctor, smiled as she saw him. “How can I help you?”
Frank coughed shortly and she nodded before he could even answer.
“I see. You’ve got a headache?”
Frank nodded.
“A sore throat?”
Frank nodded again.
“Aching limbs?”
Again Frank nodded.
“Shivering fit?”
A nod again.
“You’re running a fever?”
This time Frank shrugged.
Before he could even speak a word or make a sound there was a thermometer in one of his ears.
“It’s 40°. That’s too much.”
“Can I take a seat please?” Frank asked, slightly straggling
“Sure.” She took his arm carefully and let him to a chair.
“Thank you.”
“Your circulation is that bad?”
Frank agreed. “Most of the time, but at the moment it is worst.”
She examined Frank’s throat, then she looked at him very seriously.
“You’ve got a really bad flu, Mr. Iero.”
Frank swallowed which ached.
“I’ll subscribe you some antibiotics and some painkillers.”
Frank swallowed again.
“I’m pregnant.” He murmured and looked at his doctor who knew that he was able to bear a child.
“That’s no problem, I’ll subscribe you some meds you can take without any problems. You should fetch some syrup against your coughing but without alcohol.”
“What about my baby?”
She looked up.
“Because of the flu?”
“Yeah.”
“Normally that doesn’t matter, because almost everyone’s getting ill during the pregnancy, but watch your fever; it shouldn’t get much higher than now otherwise you’d have to go to the hospital.”
“Okay.”
“You should rest as much as you can and drink enough tea.”
Frank stood up just like his doctor.
“Get well soon and come again in a few days.”
Frank smiled and left the room to find Mikey.
“So what’s up?” Gerard’s brother asked seeing Frank.
“A flu.” Frank mumbled. “Could we stop by the pharmacy?”
“Sure.”

“What about your baby?” Mikey looked at Frank for a few seconds and then back to the street.
“I don’t have to worry, just watch my fever not getting too high.”
“You wanna stay with Ali and me? So there’s someone around to see after you?”
“Thanks, but no. I’d rather be at home.”
“You shouldn’t be alone while you’re ill.”
“I was alone more than once while having a flu.” Frank protested.
Mikey sighed. “But you call if it’s getting worse.”
“I promise.”
Mikey nodded although he obviously wasn’t convinced and stopped by the pharmacies parking lots.
When Frank wanted to unbuckle his belt Mikey stopped him:
“Gimme the subscription, I’ll get everything you need, so you don’t have to go out into the cold again.”
Frank smiled thankfully. “Okay.”
“Anything else?”
“Cough syrup without alcohol. Just say it’s for your pregnant wife, so they know what to deliver.” Frank murmured and leaned his head against the window and closed his eyes.
“Okay. I’ll be back in a minute.” with these words Mikey left the car.

“You’re sure that I shouldn’t come on in?”
“Yeah, mom.” Frank coughed and pulled his blanket closer. It was typically his mom to call in the most inappropriate moment.
He had just gone to bed, had closed his eyes and had been almost asleep when the phone had rung.
It has been his mom, who wanted to know if he and the baby were alright.
“I wouldn’t dare to come around ‘til you’re better or Gerard’s home again.”
“Thanks mom. But no, everything’s okay.”
“Did you even call Gerard?”
“No, it’s just five o’clock in the morning over there, so I wanted to sleep a bit first.”
“But you are going to call him?”
“Of course, mom.”
“And call in if you need me, promise?”
“Yeah mom. Mikey already told me that.”
“Mikey?”
“Yeah he had given me the ride to my doctor.”
“How nice of him.”
“Hmm. Mom I’m tired.”
“Then you should sleep.”
“I was going to do that, but you’ve called me just then.”
Linda sighed. “Then go to sleep.”
“Okay. Bye then mom.”
“Bye.”
He hung up and put the telephone on his nightstand and went to sleep.

As he woke up again, his whole sheets were soaking with sweat, just as his clothes.
He took the thermometer from the nightstand and put it into his mouth.
Just a few minutes later it peeped and Frank looked at the display.
Still his temperature was at 104°F and he sighed slightly while his look went to the clock.
He reached for the telephone while sitting up, leaning against the headboard. He put one hand at his belly while dialling Gerard’s number with his other hand.
“Way?”
“Honey? It’s me.”
“Frank? What’s up, you sound odd?”
“I’ve caught a flu Gee.” Frank coughed and he knew that Gerard’s eyes went wide in panic immediately.
“A flu? You’ve been at the doctor?”
“In the morning. Mikey drove me. I’ve got some meds, which are determined to help.”
“And the baby?”
“My doctor told me I shouldn’t worry. Just watch my fever and rest a lot.”
“Are you alone at home?”
“Hmm. Mum and Mikey asked if they should come in, but...” Frank just dropped the sentence.
“I’m coming home as fast as I can.”
“Gee. You’ve got meetings, which are important. You cannot leave.”
“Honey. Nothing’s more important than you and our baby.”
“You don’t need to come home.”
“Of course. I’m heading for the airport now and take the next plane. I’ll be home tonight.”
Frank sighed loudly but then whispered. “Thanks.”
“Not for this. That’s not worth mentioning. Just rest a little bit more. I see you tonight. I love you.”
“Love you, too.”

Gerard closed the door silently and put off his shoes and coat.
The house was completely silent, while he crept upstairs, heading for the bedroom.
He stopped at the doorframe and looked to the bed.
The moonlight shining through the window made him able to see Frank’s silhouette.
He noticed Frank’s hair, spread over the pillow, his small shoulders, rising and falling steady with his breathing and finally Frank’s impregnated belly, on which he had put one hand, the other hidden under the blankets.
Gerard stripped down to his boxers, slipped underneath the covers and snuggled to Frank’s back, he tucked his chin onto his partners shoulder.
He gently kissed Frank’s jaw and smoothed his husbands belly then, which caused Frank to sigh slightly.
“Gee?” Frank’s voice was only a hoarse whisper.
“I’m here.”
A few seconds later the lamp on the nightstand on Frank’s side flashed on and Frank turned his head to face his husband.
“You’re really here.” Frank mumbled and just yet Gerard was able to notice Frank’s sweat covered forehead and his soaked hair strains. Also Frank’s hands were sticky because of his fever.
“Of course I’m here.” Gerard murmured and rubbed his thumb softly over Frank’s baby bump.
“Thank you so much darling.”
Gerard just shook his head and kissed Frank’s jaw again.
A few seconds later he could feel a strong kick against his hand and Frank panted.
“I think someone recognized daddy’s home again too.” Frank smiled softly and caressed his belly.
Gerard smiled joyfully.
“Thanks for coming home Gee.”
Again the black haired one shook his head.
“I love you. Gee.”
“I love you too, the both of you.” Gerard pecked Frank’s lips gently. “But now you should sleep a little bit more, honey.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading :)
Comments would be really really nice :)

Greets!