Sequel: Runaway Kat
Status: read the sequelll

Fat Kat

Looking for a boyfriend

Katerina Jacobs:

I was in a dream, I was sure of it. No way would Jack Bassam Barakat be kissing someone like me; after telling me he really liked me. I mean it couldn’t be true could it? I mean it sure felt real, and God; the butterflies in my stomach literally were vomiting with excitement.

His hands left the wall, and trailed down my sides until they rested neatly on my hips, pulling me that little bit closer. I moved my hands from my sides, and cupped his cheeks; feeling so into this kiss- I secretly wished it would never end.

It really was real.

“Katerina?!”

And Shane’s voice brought the world crashing down. Jack immediately broke apart from me, and we both looked at Shane; who had a contorted look of pain and disgust on his face. “Shane... I can explain-” But he cut me off by launching himself at Jack.

“JACK!” I screamed, as they both fell to the floor; trying to get punches in. Our waiter suddenly ran out, and managed to pull Shane away from Jack, who was sprawled out on the floor, groaning from the pain of punches received. I dashed to his side, and helped him up. I threw an arm around my shoulder, and glared hatefully at Shane.

“She was mine Barakat! You stole another one of the girlsI genuinely wanted to be with!” Shane screamed angrily. “I AM NOBODY’S PROPERTY!” I screeched back, catching Shane off guard. “There is no chemistry between us Shane; get the fuck over yourself!”

“What, so you were using me to make him jealous?!”

I shut my mouth, feeling ashamed of myself. Sadness clouded Shane’s features; and he yanked himself out of the waiter’s grip. He got right up into my face and hissed:

“I thought you were better than them. Obviously, I misjudged you.”

Before Jack could shove him away, he was already storming towards his car. Tears stung my eyes at his words; knowing deep down he was right. I had turned into a bitch over night; and I despised myself for it. Jack slid off of me, and stood in front of me; looking me in the eye.

“Don’t listen to him Katerina. You are one of the nicest girls I know, and you were angry at me for flirting with Allyson; it clouded things. Look, nobody is perfect Katerina; but you’re as close as it gets. Don’t let his words cut you. Don’t cry over it; it’s not worth it ok?” He whispered softly, smiling gently. He tried to re-assure me, but a little bit of me still felt wrong.

He pulled me into his arms, and I comfortably hugged him back; knowing he was definitely who I wanted. I know what I did was stupid; but I’d won what I initially wanted to begin with. I should have just been honest, but I can’t turn back time. I’ll learn from this.

10 minutes later we arrived back at my home, with Jack’s nose bleeding; and a limp. It was midnight too. Wasn’t a good sign.

“Oh goodness what happened?! Jack; is that you?” My mum exclaimed. “I’ll explain a bit later mum; could you get Jack some ice please?” I asked quickly, and she dashed to the kitchen. My dad appeared and helped him to the sofa. “What happened?” He asked, concerned for Jack.

My dad liked Jack; apparently they spoke briefly at the little dinner party my mum threw. He said he admired his confidence, and his determined attitude to reach his dream. “I couldn’t let her go on a date Mr. Jacobs. I just couldn’t.” Jack said. “Please, call me Graham. And why couldn’t you?” He asked, already knowing the answer.

“Because I really, really like her.” Jack looked at me, and smiled slightly. My mum dashed in with the ice, and Jack nodded thanks and held the ice packet to his nose. “And picturing them dating or whatever... It hurt. I couldn’t bear it. So I went down there. Shane hates me because he believes I stole his girlfriend from him; but I was just covering for Alex; because he’s my best friend and I didn’t want him to get hurt while he was in such a state! I took Katerina outside and told her this... And then... I kissed her.” He said quietly, looking at me again. A small smile rose to my lips, and my parents noticed.

“But Shane caught us; and he attacked him.” I finished off. “So now Shane hates you too?” My mum asked. I nodded slowly, and my dad scoffed. “Didn’t like the boy anyway, that’s no loss. You were too good for him Katerina. Jack’s better suited for you.” I blushed slightly as Jack smirked to himself, before he looked up at my dad and giving him a quiet thanks.

“Anyway, Jack can stay tonight. He can stay in your room- but I want the door left open; agreed?” My dad said sternly, and us two teens nodded obediently. I dragged Jack up to my room; and he trudged to the bathroom. I changed into my PJ’s, which were a tank top and PJ shorts. Jack confidently walked out in just his boxers, before jumping onto my bed.

He patted the bed beside him, and I slowly climbed in beside him. He slipped an arm around me, and I turned to face him. We both smiled at each other. “What do you know, only admitted my feelings to you about half an hour ago, and already I’ve got you into bed.” He joked, and I playfully hit his chest with a small giggle.

Once in silence, he stroke one strand of red hair out of my face, and smiled softly. “You are so beautiful; Katerina Jacobs.” He said, before leaning down and kissing me once again. Just a small peck, but it was enough to set off the butterflies in my stomach again.

“So where does this leave us?” I whispered. He smiled broadly.

“Do you Katerina Jacobs, take me; the sexy Jack Bassam Barakat as your smoking hot boyfriend?” I laughed quietly at him.

“Yes, I do.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Bam, do you like it? Yes or no.