Sequel: Runaway Kat
Status: read the sequelll

Fat Kat

This Can't Be Over

Katerina Jacobs:

I faked illness the next day at school- because I honestly didn't feel up to facing Jack today; knowing he was either going to tell me what happened which would hurt, or pretend it didn't happen which would kill me.

So I sat up in my room with a tub of ice cream, pigging out. Yes, of course I resorted to comfort food, but I also ran it off to prevent myself going back to my original state.

I watched a few depressing films, which only dragged me into a further fit of depression. I literally just couldn't be bothered.

My boyfriend basically cheated on me, and he didn't even know I knew. My phone buzzed beside me, and I reluctantly picked it up.

Name: JACK ATTACK! ;) <3
Msg: Why aren't you in school today babe? I miss you :( <3

I felt the tears pour down my cheeks once again. He was going to hide it from me. I threw my phone away from me, and buried myself under the pillows, feeling as low as I could ever feel.

Jack Barakat:

Lisa kissed me. She kissed me. Why did she kiss me? No clue. But I kissed her back, like the idiot I was. Too dumb to realise what I was doing was completely out of order to the girl I'm in love with.

Ah Katerina. A breath of fresh air. She gave as good as she got, she made the relationship interesting. I was a little puppy dog when it came to her, I can't help but feel lost when she's not there.

So today at school was a blur. I didn't like it that she wasn't here, I didn't like it that she wasn't replying to my texts. She wasn't replying to anyone's texts though, which made me feel quite uncomfortable. I just wanted to leave. I wanted to go to her house and see what was up. She must be ill; she wouldn't skip school for any old reason.

Unless maybe... No, she couldn't know about the kiss? No, that's a definite no, she wasn't there, and nobody had told her. Guilt swarmed in my body.

She deserved to know. I know that. But I was afraid of losing her. What if I told her and she left me? I don't think I'd be able to cope. I love her so fucking much; it would rip me apart if she wasn't in my life.

But the worst part is, that kiss made me feel so... I love Katerina, I know that; but I craved for Lisa for so long, I'd only dreamed for her to run back into my arms again. But now I had Katerina, I know I wouldn't need Lisa; but that kiss was just out of the blue!

"I'm worried about Katerina." Kara spoke my mind, as she stared at her phone praying for a reply. "She always has her phone on and beside her." I added, and Kara nodded. Rian hugged his girlfriend, who squeezed him back in reply. Rian secretly checked his phone too.

I whipped out my phone, and checked again for anything. Nothing. I sighed, and slumped my shoulders miserably. I quickly text Roxy, to see if she’d heard anything. I got a quick reply.

Name: ROX MY SOX :D
Msg: Sorry mate, she’s not replying to my texts. Did she tell you anything last night maybe?

I frowned. She wasn’t at my house yesterday. I replied that back, and another text came through straight away in reply.

Name: ROX MY SOX :D
Msg: Really? When I parted with her she was heading to yours. Around 6ish?

I froze. Oh God. 6ish is when Lisa was there… Around the time she-

Katerina knows.

I stood up and left without a word, and headed to my car. She knew. Oh God, and now she thinks I’m not telling her. She thinks that the kiss meant something. She must have seen me kissing her back… Oh God, I’d messed up.

I sped to her house, and I knocked and waited. Her mum let me in, and I dashed up to her room. I slowly opened it, and she was there, sitting on her bed, staring at the blank TV in front of her. “Katerina?” I whispered, and her head snapped in my direction.

I walked closer, and that’s when I noticed her eyes. Blood-shot from crying. Her face was pale, her lips were trembling.

What hurt the most was that I knew I’d caused this with my stupid ways.

“Leave me be, Jack.” Her voice said, cracking slightly from where tears wanted to pour out. “You know, don’t you?” I said quietly, looking down at my shoes shamefully. Of course she knew, why the fuck would I ask that?

“I do.” She replied feebly, and I finally met her gaze again. I felt like stabbing myself over and over again just from that heartbroken look she was sending me. “How could you do that to me?” She whispered; tears threatening to pour from her eyes once again.

“Kat please… You’ve got to believe me, it meant nothing-” “If it meant nothing, then why did you kiss back?” She shot back coldly, and I flinched.

She probably hated me, and I knew I deserved it.

“I-I don’t know…” I stuttered pathetically, and she looked down at her hands. “Do you hate me Katerina?” I asked; scared of the answer. She looked at me stonily, trying to keep her emotions under wraps. “No, I don’t hate you Jack.”

My heart lifted a little.

“This only makes what I’m going to do now that little bit harder.”

My heart dropped again. “Katerina please I know what you’re about to do-”

She sighed, making me stop mid-sentence. “Believe me when I say that I do love you Jack, I love you so much-”

“Then why are you going to do this?” I said, tears pouring down my cheeks.

“To prevent myself getting hurt again… Jack, it’s over. Now please, just leave me alone.” She turned her back on me, and I heard her choking on her sobs. My heart shattered into a million tiny little pieces, as I dejectedly left her house.

I’d just lost the one person that meant the world to me. And it was all my fault.
♠ ♠ ♠
inspired by the best song ever. Look up Second Hand Serenade :) Told you I was fucking up this story!!!!