Sequel: Runaway Kat
Status: read the sequelll

Fat Kat

Her In His Shirt

Katerina Jacobs:

Roxy burst into my room about an hour later, panting for breath. "I just ran from my school to here, because I don't have a car! I heard what you did, what happened?!" She exclaimed, jumping on my bed beside me.

I burst into tears, and she grasped me and pulled me into a hug.

"He k-kissed Lisa..." I stuttered. "Why that no good son of a bitch!" She cursed angrily. "Well if it makes you feel any better, he's crying." I cried harder at that.

"Where is Raven and Kara?" I sniffed. "I don't know, they're too stuck up their boyfriends ass's to come check if you're alright. Guess what though? Got kicked out of Towson, it’s my last day today."

"WHAT?!" I screamed, and she laughed at my reaction. "I bought alcohol onto the premises for some freshman... Little bastards grassed me up because they got caught." She grumbled. "Its fine though, my mum knows the principal of Dulaney, so I'll be starting there tomorrow."

I squealed happily and hugged her tightly. "I won't be sitting with them lot... You know that right?" I whispered sadly. "And don't' worry, I'll be sitting with you. That's a promise."

-

"Roxy, I don't want to go in there." I said, shaking my head wildly as I stared up at the school. "You don't really have a choice Kat." She said, before grabbing my wrist and dragging me into the building.

"Ok... First period English..." I whispered to myself. Roxy grabbed my schedule, and squealed. "We have all the same classes! Except Biology..." She frowned. "What have you got instead?"

"Physics." She grumbled.

"Oh God, there he is. Hide me!" I said quickly, before diving into the first classroom I could see; just to avoid Jack. I saw him stop to talk to Roxy, and he looked terrible. From here I could see his eyes were red from crying. His hair was limp and lifeless, scruffy from where he'd made no attempt to do anything with it. His face lacked colour, his body posture was slouched.

He looked awful, and I was afraid to think that he was like this because we were over. Roxy hugged him, before he wandered off down the corridor miserably. I stepped out of the classroom, and watched his slumped figure move away.

"The kid is lost without you Katerina." She said quietly, and I sighed. "Well, if he's so lost without me, then he shouldn't have kissed Lisa back." I replied stubbornly, before storming to my first period.

At lunch, I poked my food solemnly, as I sat by myself. Jack's eyes were boring into me, and the others would glance every so often. Roxy walked in, and they all waved her over. She waved awkwardly back, before walking over to me.

I smiled happily that at least one of my friends decided to sit with me. "Thank you, Roxy." I said appreciatively. She nodded once, glared at the other table, before tucking into her lunch.

Biology came around. I was dreading it, knowing either Alex or Jack would be sent into this class. I tapped my pen on the desk nervously, and never took my eyes off the door.

And then 10 minutes later, my suspicions were confirmed as Alex wandered into the room behind his chemistry teacher. “Do you mind if Alex sits in here?” His teacher asked. “Where’s Jack?” My teacher asked curiously. Yeah, where is Jack? “He actually isn’t being bad today... It’s worrying, he’s just sitting at the back staring into space. He looks very ill too. His eyes are blood shot, he has bags under his eyes...” He trailed off, and the whole class turned to look at me.

I looked down at my table and blushed in embarrassment, knowing they all knew it was my fault. Alex wandered over to the free space beside me, and plopped down casually. I didn’t look up at him; I needed to avoid his gaze. He nudged me, and I faltered by briefly looking at him; and like I guessed his eyes were glued on me.

“Are you going to avoid me all lesson Katerina?” He asked me bluntly, and I gulped. “No.” I whispered; twirling a piece of my hair around my pen. “He didn’t mean it you know- kissing Lisa I mean.” He said. “Alex, I don’t want to talk about it.” I muttered, looking down at my work. “You don’t have a choice to be frank. If you can’t see that he loves you, then you’re a fucking idiot Katerina.” He hissed, and I flinched away from him.

“Look I don’t mean to be nasty, but he’s my best friend and I don’t like seeing him like this; and I have a feeling that you don’t either.” I gulped. He knew he was right. “Yes, he kissed Lisa; but just remember that he wanted to be back with her for so long; he probably didn’t think. But he pushed her away afterwards, and told her to get out. Does that not mean anything to you? Nothing at all? Because if it doesn’t, then I’ll stop talking about it.” He said.

I looked up at him with teary eyes; and he scooted closer to me. He wrapped an arm around my waist and hugged me tightly. He had the same aftershave as Jack did; and that’s was enough to push me over the edge. I quietly cried at the back of my Biology classroom in Alex’s arms.

Jack had left school during his Chemistry lesson, so I decided to talk to him about everything after school. I loved him, and he loved me; and if what Alex said was right, then I was making a terrible mistake by avoiding him.

I needed him, and by the sound of it; he needed me too.

So I pulled up at his house, feeling excited and nervous at the same time. I won’t lie when I say I was lost without him too; but what if he didn’t want me back anymore? I shook my head, and walked up to his front door. I knocked three times, and started fidgeting with anxiety.

The door opened; and my eyes fell on something I prayed I would never see.

Lisa Ruocco, standing in one of Jack’s shirts. And ONLY, Jack’s shirt.

I could literally feel every piece of my heart breaking once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh! Beat that Liz ;)