Sequel: Runaway Kat
Status: read the sequelll

Fat Kat

Changed.

Two years had been and gone. The beginning of senior year was coming up, and I’d asked to be enrolled into school again; now completely happy with my new look. I did something with my hair so it wasn’t its normal frizzy self; and added a few darker colours to it, and I’d slimmed down. A LOT. I’d lost all that excess fat I had, and now I was INCREDIBLY slim. I put the girls in that school to shame, and that made me happy. They’d taunted me for years, and now they were going to be shocked.

I wasn’t Fat Kat anymore, I was the beautiful Katerina Jacobs; and I could confidently say that without doubting it. Gaskarth had trouble with his lustful emotions, so I might just have to toy with them a little bit... And maybe even make him feel as small as I felt. I wanted revenge for the years were he made me feel like absolutely nothing, like I wasn’t even worth a breath of fresh air.

I hated Alexander William Gaskarth with a passion, and Jack Bassam Barakat wasn’t far behind. He made my life equally as bad as Alex.

I pulled my hood up, and walked into school for the first time in two years. I headed to the office and picked up my schedule, and headed to my old locker which hadn’t been given away. I went towards it, and unlocked it. “LOOK! Someone’s got Fat Kat’s locker!” It was Gaskarth. I knew that menacing voice anywhere. Everyone cracked up. “Katerina Jacobs do you mean?” I spoke with a smirk, my head still covering my face. Everybody fell silent, so I took this as a queue to turn. I pulled off my hoodie, to reveal my new slim and toned body.

“Sorry to disappoint you everyone. But Fat Kat isn’t here anymore.” Everybody gasped in recognition, and murmurs spread in the group. Gaskarth stood before me, shock registered in his eyes. “It’s Katerina Jacobs; Gaskank. And look, I’m not fat anymore. Well who the hell are you going to torment now?” I hissed at him, but he still said nothing. “Silent; just how I like you. I would say it’s been nice talking to you; but it hasn’t. I still hate you as much as I did back then, and it won’t change. Goodbye Gaskank.” And with that, I turned away and headed towards my first lesson of the day- English.

Everybody in this school now was trying to strike conversation with me, but I wouldn’t have it. Why would I want to start conversations with people who had hated me? They only wanted to be my friend because I was now considered good-looking; and Alex Gaskarth couldn’t say anything bad about me anymore.

I’d lost the weight, I’d tamed my hair. He couldn’t say anything, because deep down inside, he considered me good-looking too; or I heard him say that he thought I was good-looking to Rian, and he hated that. He hated it because I wouldn’t follow him around like all the other girls in our year or in the years below. I wouldn’t end up being one of the notches on the end of his bed post, and it killed him. His lustful emotions were getting the better of him, and he didn’t like it.

I’d been invited to sit with a lot of people at lunch. I didn’t really want to sit with any of them; but I entered the lunch hall anyway. It was weird not having ‘Fat Kat’ chanted at me. It was then I noticed a girl sitting alone. Her hair was long and black, and she looked sad. I tilted my head slightly, before approaching her.

She looked up with pure fear in her eyeliner rimmed eyes; which were a beautiful pale green colour. Why was she sitting by herself in pure fear? I then took in her dark clothes and pale face. Alex had probably labelled her a Goth or an emo, so now they were picking on her like they picked on me. I felt an overwhelming amount of sympathy for this girl. “Hey... Do you mind if I sit with you?” I asked calmly. “I-err-um; s-sure.” She stammered nervously. I sat down opposite her, and she’d frozen in fear when I looked up.

“So... What’s your name?” I asked. “Raven Jones... Yours?” She asked timidly, gaining a small amount of courage. “Katerina Jacobs, but you can call me Kat if you like.” I flashed a smile. “So Raven, tell me; what’s a pretty girl like you sitting by yourself for? No homo by the way.” I chuckled. “Alex Gaskarth.” She muttered, and I nodded. “I know where you’re coming from. He makes you feel isolated, as if you’re not good enough so to speak.” She frowned.

“How do you know that?”

“He called me Fat Kat for two years; I had no friends. I only came back because I lost a lot of weight and done something with my hair. You obviously must have started during my absence. What did he call you?” I asked. “Frigid. I rejected him... He asked me out-”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa... He asked you out?!” I exclaimed. She nodded. “Damn... That means he actually had feelings...” I spoke as if Alex having feelings was alien to me- well it was. The boy was incapable of having emotions- or so I thought.

“He didn’t tell anyone that I rejected him, he just said he rejected me because I frigid- and everyone believed him over me so...” She shrugged, and picked nervously at her food. I rolled my eyes. “He’s such a prick sometimes.” I said, my temper rising. “He was nice when we met- he took me out, paid for me; introduced me to his friends. Then I noticed he was mean to others for no particular reason, I told him I didn’t want to be with him anymore; and I became one of the people he picked on.”

I stared at her, my mouth gaped open. I looked at Alex and Jack. Alex was glaring hatefully at me.

I looked round at Alex again about 20 minutes later, who was still glaring at me. “You really don’t like me, do you mate?” I muttered to myself; smirking.

I turned back to Raven, who was also looking at Alex, with a sad look on her face. “You still like him; don’t you?” I said quietly. “NO!” She declared loudly, receiving a few strange looks. “I mean... I-um-err...”

“I’ll just take that as a yes.”

She bowed her head sadly. “He’s so horrible... But all I can see is the nice Alex I knew before this one... And it sucks!” She sobbed miserably. “Well if it makes you feel any better, I’ve had a major crush on Jack Barakat since freshman year.” I whispered, and her head darted up. “Seriously?” She gasped, and I nodded.

“We’re so stupid.” She laughed, and I playfully rolled my eyes.

“Tell me about it.”

-

“Mum, this is my new friend Raven. Raven, this is my mum.” Excuse me for being stoked about having a friend. I’d never had one before because I was constantly ridiculed. So what if I invited her round even though I’d only known her for a few hours?

“Raven! Lovely to meet you!” She exclaimed, cuddling my new friend. Raven smiled and replied: “It’s nice to meet you too.” My mum squealed happily, and I couldn’t help but laugh. “Oh! Why doesn’t she come along to the small dinner party I’m throwing tonight?” I frowned.

“What dinner party?” I asked. “Silly me, forgetting to tell you! I’ve decided to throw a dinner party- I’ve invited 5 couples round, and they’re bringing their kids. Some of them are in your year at school I think!” She exclaimed. I squinted my eyes.

“Who are the couple’s mum?” I asked slowly. “The Abbot’s, the Anderson’s, the Dawson’s, the Barakat’s and the Gaskarth’s.” Mine and Raven’s mouths dropped to the floor in complete and utter shock.

She knew she was coming now, as support and back-up. Because if she didn’t, I was in deep shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
This happened to me, but I really didn't lose that much weight. At=nd the guy of my dreams didn't notice me :/