Sequel: Runaway Kat
Status: read the sequelll

Fat Kat

Deal With The Devil

Katerina Jacobs:

Did I just make a deal with the devil himself? I think I did... Because Alex and I literally just spoke... And we actually said we’d never insult each other again. Today has been so weird; it was like Alex’s and Jack’s roles were reversed. Jack stuck up for people today; and Alex has been... Dare I say it? Civil? I mean what’s going on?

And Alex said Jack likes me? I reckon he must have heard Jack wrong- Jack must have said he liked me, but only as friend; but Alex took it the wrong way. It was an easy mistake to make. I shook my head and headed to my mum. “Ready darling?” She asked. I nodded. I wanted to do something more to my hair, so I was off to the hairdressers to get it done.

I was excited for school the next day; I couldn’t wait to show my new hair off. I thought it was absolutely beautiful; and I hope people will agree with me. It was a deep red colour. At first I thought the hairdresser was crazy to recommend dark red from ginger; but once she’d done it I couldn’t help but gaze in awe at it and pay her a hefty tip.

In all honesty; I was trying to wave myself under Jack’s nose; so he works that little bit harder to try and make me forgive him. I liked the attention I was receiving from him; so the more I worked on my appearance; the more likely I would attract him further.

So I headed into school that day; and heads turned the moment I was noticed. Guys stared, some even drooled; but they weren’t the ones I was aiming for. I trundled into school and headed to my locker where he himself was waiting, and once he laid eyes on me- well, it looked like he’d died and gone to heaven.
“You’re hair... It’s-it’s...” “Red?” I finished, with a coy smirk. “I was going to say absolutely stunning.” He winked. “Always the charmer.” I rolled my eyes, but smiled when my face was hidden from him.

“So, I’ve decided what to do to help make you forgive me.”

“And what’s that?” I asked, slamming my locker shut.

“I’m going to take you out. You know, like on a date.” I frowned.

“Aren’t the people who are actually dating the ones that go on date?”

“Yeah, but we’re awesome enough to not be dating and go on a date.” I raised an eyebrow.

“So you’re going to flatter me into forgiveness?”

“Yeah! What? NO! I’m just helping the forgiveness materialise.”

“Right... So where are you taking me?”

“It’s a surprise!”

“No fair! Tell me please!”

He laughed, and ran off down the corridor; laughing like a maniac. “Told you he likes you.” Alex appeared from nowhere, and he was leaning against Raven’s locker casually. “That doesn’t mean he likes me, he’s just trying to make me forgive him; that’s all.” I protested.
“Wow; you honestly can’t see that he likes you?” He smirked. I wanted to insult him badly. Tell him he’s an idiot for being in my presence, and that I hated his guts; but I thought back to our deal and bit my tongue. “Because he doesn’t.” I spoke quietly. He rolled his eyes. “Have it your way.” He said, before marching away.

Raven then appeared her mouth wide open in shock.

“Did you just talk to-?”

“Yes.”

“Without insulting-”

“Yes.”

“With calm voices-”

“Yes! Yes! Yes!” I hissed irritably. She burst into laughter. “Are you doing this for me? Or... Are you doing this for Jack?” She wiggled her eyebrows. “What is it with everyone fantasizing about Jack and I going out?!”

“Babe; we’d look sexy together!” Jack ran past; over-hearing our conversation.

“Don’t call me that douche-bag!”

I heard his laughter all the way down the corridor; and I rolled my eyes in response. “You like him!” She declared. “Do not!” I replied stubbornly. She rolled her eyes before laughing.
“Kat; I think they call what you're going through denial."
♠ ♠ ♠
Boom