Sequel: Runaway Kat
Status: read the sequelll

Fat Kat

i will get you!

“He actually said that? ‘Girl best-friend’?” Raven asked in complete shock. I nodded slowly, feeling rather glum. “Damn... I genuinely thought he really liked you! So did Alex! How could we both get it so wrong? Urgh, something’s gone wrong.” She ended up rambling about something not being right, but I ending up blocking her out. I felt really down. I’d returned to the rut I was once in, liking Jack when he didn’t like me back; unfortunately for me, it felt worse now because he wanted to be friends, and I would just have to live with that otherwise I’d risk losing my new-found friendship with him. It sucked to say the least.

“Anyway... I’ve got to get to Biology. Speak after lesson.” I told her, before scurrying off to Biology.

This was by far the most boring lesson of my life. I hated Biology, but I was good at it; so my parents urged me to continue it. It didn’t bother me of course; it meant a guaranteed pass, which was good. A knock on the door suddenly caught the incredibly bored class’ attention. “Come in!” Our teacher declared, and in walked an angry looking teacher; followed by a smug looking Alex and Jack.

“Do you mind if I let Jack sit here in this lesson? He’s disrupting mine, and I’ve grown tired of it.” Jack’s eyes met mine, and he smirked deviously. Alex was on the verge of laughter, I could see it in his eyes. “What did they do?” My teacher asked. Their teacher grumbled. “They’re mixing the dangerous chemicals together. They’ve already blown up many test tubes, and changed the element symbols blue-tacked on my wall around to make... Distasteful words.” The teacher shuddered; while our class, Jack and Alex burst into fits of laughter. “SILENCE!” My teacher exclaimed, and we all suddenly fell silent in fear.

“Yes, he can sit in here. May I ask what you’re doing with the other?” My teacher asked, referring to Alex. “He’s going to Physics.” Alex’s eyes widened. “NOT PHYSICS! NOOOOOO!” He cried dramatically. “RAVEN’S THERE!” Jack screamed, and Alex suddenly shut up and smiled gleefully. You two, be quiet before I make you report to the principal’s office. You’ve caused enough damage today.” Jack wandered to the last remaining seat- which was beside me. He wiggled his eyebrows at me, and I rolled my eyes and cracked a grin.

I pulled out a piece of scrap paper; and scribbled down a note to him.

K: What words did you make?

He giggled immaturely, before pulling out a pen and scribbling something down in scruffy hand-writing. He chucked it back, and stifled a laugh.

J: Crap (C-Ra-P) and Shag (S-H-Ag), the teacher caught us before we could make any more. Sad times. But hey, now I’m in a class with you; might get sent out more often. ;)

I giggled quietly at the note; and hid my small blush. Little butterflies swarmed my belly at the thought of him getting sent out of his lesson just to be in mine with me. It seemed unreal because a few years back, he wouldn’t have even thought of spending time with me.

K: Or you could pass Chemistry? ;D

J: FAT CHANCE OF THAT. Hate Chemistry; with a passion. The only chemistry I like is between me and some super hot chick. I like the biology that comes a bit later is you catch my drift. ;P

I felt disheartened at the thought of him with another girl; and it wasn’t a pleasant feeling either. It was horrible liking someone, when clearly they didn’t think of you as much as you thought of them.

K: Pervert.

J: Sexy pervert though, don’t deny it.

K: I will neither deny nor confirm anything Barakat.

The bell went signalling the end of class, and I hadn’t even realised that Jack was only in the class for 15 minutes. He winked at me. “See you at lunch Kit-Kat!” He exclaimed, and before I could protest about the silly nick-name, he ran out of the class room, giggling like a child.

Lunch finally came around.

“KATERINA! RAVEN! SIT WITH US!” Jack screamed at the top of his lungs; and everyone in the canteen turned to stare at him. He shrugged it off, and beamed happily. Raven and I looked at each other, before bursting out with laughter at his immaturity. But just as I was making my way towards their table, somebody grasped my arm.

I looked up at my capturer, to see Shane Abbots, smiling softly down at me. “Hey Shane; what’s up?” I asked casually. “Oh nothing... How are you?” He asked; fidgeting on the spot. I frowned slightly. Why was he so nervous? “I’m fine... The better question is how are you? You look so nervous...” I giggled. “Raven hasn’t said anything?” He frowned in confusion. I tilted my head slightly. “What are you on about?” He ran a hand through his hair; while I shot Raven a ‘what the hell is going on?’ look.

Raven had a look on her face I couldn’t seem to read. What had she hidden?

“You honestly don’t know why I’m nervous?” He asked, clearly astonished at this fact. “Yeah I do, that’s why I look so confused.” I replied sarcastically; and he cracked a smile. “I’ve been planning on asking you something...” He started, before pausing. He had this stern, serious look on his face, and if Jack’s face wasn’t running through my mind, I might actually consider him gorgeous. “Asking me to be a sacrifice to God? Because you’re making it sound like an apocalypse is coming or something!” I exclaimed, placing my hands firmly on my hips with a pout. He laughed again at me. “I was going to ask you, if you’d like to... You know... Go on a date; with- me?”

My mouth dropped to the floor in shock.

“I-I thought you liked Raven?” I gawped inappropriately. He laughed and shook his head. “I think she’s beautiful and everything, but she doesn’t appeal to me in that way. Plus I know if anything did happen between us; Alex would rip me to pieces; it’s not hard to notice that they’re completely and irrevocably in love with each other. But no, I like you.” He said, his confidence rising a little bit. “But at my house- you were speaking to her-”

“About you, Katerina.” I fell silent. So this guy here, was asking me out on a date; but I liked the crazily hyper-active boy sitting over there casually shoving chips up his nose? Well this is awkward. “Look Shane, you’re really nice and everything-”

“So what’s going on over here then?” Jack suddenly jumped beside me, and I felt his arm around my back, with his hand resting on my shoulder. “I was asking her on a date Barakat; so do one you imbecile.” Shane hissed harshly. The look of pure hurt and deceit on Jack’s face overwhelmed me. But suddenly, he was angry.

“No. Don’t talk to me like that; especially in front of Katerina. What, you think you can embarrass me and I’ll just slither away? Nah mate, don’t work like that anymore. Katerina’s my new girl best-friend; and I won’t let her go out with some douche bag that obviously has no manners or appreciation towards others. You’re seriously not considering going on a date with that are you?” He directed the question at me, and both of them stared at me intently, waiting for an answer.

My face flushed in embarrassment, as they expectant eyes stayed stuck on my face. Do I say yes, I was considering it? I mean, Jack clearly wasn’t interested in me like that; but then again he was just horrible to Jack, and told him basically to disappear, and I don’t like seeing people being treated like that.

“I considered it. But sorry, you blew your chance when you bad-mouthed my guy best-friend. Come on Jack, let’s go.” Jack’s eyes glazed over sadly for just a few seconds, but it was long enough for me to see. He planted a smile on his face, sent a now shocked Shane a foul look, before linking arms with me and skipping back to our table where our friends were watching what just happened in shock.

"I will get you on a date; you'll see Katerina!" Shane declared afterwards, but I flipped him off while Jack gave him the finger.

The question is; why was Jackupset when he heard that I considered going on the date?
♠ ♠ ♠
skinny bitch.