Status: Completed!

The Real Story of Heaven and Hell

Worth Dying For

I hugged Lil but didn’t wish her luck, she didn’t need it. My sister was the best ballerina ever. She moved with a grace that came as naturally to her as breathing. She was disciplined and hard working though too. She had earned the right to star in this production and I couldn’t be prouder of her. Maybe there was a way for her to pursue her dream after all. Maybe, if tonight went as it should, we both could. I sent a silent prayer up to uhhh…dad for just that.

I took my seat up front and was flanked by Zacky and Brian. They were both amazing in their suits and judging by the amount of female attention that they were getting I wasn’t the only one who thought that. My eyes dropped to the floor until the lights dimmed slightly. The music began and so did the dancers.

I watched impatiently for my sister. As the music swelled I saw her take the stage. She was stunning in her black leotard; black wings that caught the light just so, making it dance as if by magic. The rest of her outfit consisted of flesh tone tights and of course moms toe shoes. Her makeup was done perfectly as well, dramatically done in blacks and silvers.

My eyes swept to the sides of the stage where Jimmy and Matt waited, each on one side. Matt was obviously on high alert while Jimmy’s eyes were glued to Lil, and not because he was her guardian. He looked very much like a man awe struck by a beautiful woman. I smiled at the sight. Maybe it was time for me to start playing cupid.

Beside me Zacky and Brian were paying more attention to our surroundings than me or Lil’s performance. We were taking a huge risk, I understood this but I wished they were all paying attention to Lil. She was after all the one in the spot light, literally. We were in the middle of the performance when I felt it, a weird energy, almost like a calling.

“You must leave if you wish to save your sister.”

I looked around for the source of the deep male voice I had heard.

“What’s wrong?” Brian asked his brown eyes filled with worry.

I shook my head. “Nothing.” Evidently only I could hear the voice.

I tried to shake the feeling but I couldn’t.

“Leave….NOW.” The same deep voice commanded.

I stood up suddenly causing both Zacky and Brian to look at me. “I have to use the bathroom.” I whispered as I quickly headed back towards the bathroom.

Johnny was at the back and fell into step with me. “Where do you think you’re going?”

“I have to pee.” I whispered which earned me a sigh.

He stopped outside the women’s bathroom. “Make it quick.”

Yep shorty as Lil liked to call him was less then pleased with me. “Can’t make any promises.” I grinned before ducking inside.

Once I was alone I looked around trying to figure out my next step.

“Act now or your sister will die.”

Panic and fear filled my heart at the words. I saw a window above the sinks. Without thinking twice I climbed up on them. What was it with me and climbing out windows lately?

I was just about to climb out when I heard Johnny. “You about done?”

“Sorry I’m not feeling well it might be a little while.” I sent up an apology for the lie. But it worked judging by the mumbled cursed I heard leave him.

When I was sure I was good, I climbed out the window landing silently on my feet. Wow I was almost superheroish now in my skills. The calling grew as I stepped away from the building. I looked around searching for the source when I finally saw them.

Four handsome men dressed in finely tailored suits with long black trench coats. They looked like they belonged here but I knew better. They were angels, and not the friendly kind. This is why Lil was in danger; these stupid angels were a bigger pain in the ass then the demons. At least the demons had only attacked us once.

Smoothing down my dress and fixing my hair I held my head up high as I approached them. I guess they felt the ‘calling’ too because they all turned to look at me. Their faces held a mixture of anger, disgust, hatred, and fear. I gave them a brilliant smile. “Gentlemen, please tell me you haven’t come to ruin my sister’s night.”

The tallest one gave me a charming smile. “Oh no we want to do nothing of the sort.”

I snorted on the inside, yeah, riiiiight. “Then you must have come to speak with me?”

A shorter stalker man spoke up. “We had heard you had been attacked by demons.”

“Yes I was but my sister saved me.” I took a step away from the building and just like I hoped they followed me. “So as you can see you owe my sister.”

The dark look in their eyes sent a chill through me. I was beginning to think I’d rather be killed by demons then these handsome angels.

“FUCK!” I heard being bellowed from the general direction I had escaped from. Crap I guess I had been found out.

I walked into the shadows farther away from the building even as everything in me was screaming not to. “May I suggest that we move this conversation along? I believe I’m running out of time.”

“You have no idea.”

I turned at the sound of the demonic voice. Before I or the angels could move the demon grabbed me. He was just as equally handsome as the angels, only his eyes glowed red in the night. A syringe was shoved into my neck and almost instantly the world began to waver.

I heard the sound of swords being pulled from both sides. “Take her back to my room. I plan to taste the sweetness of her body before I feast on the nectar of her blood.”

I wanted to scream or fight but my body just wouldn’t respond. Before I knew what was happening everything was rushing past me. I could hear the sounds of the fight as I was shoved into a nondescript van and whisked away.

I was being taken away to be raped and murdered but all I could think of was that I had kept Lil’s big night from being ruined. At least one of us had tasted our dream, and after I died she would be free.

Freedom.

It was worth dying for.