Status: Completed!

The Real Story of Heaven and Hell

Sucker Punch

I sat on the bed trying to keep Lil calm while my eye throbbed. It was completely swollen shut now thanks to Corny the bitch’s sucker punch. Yeah you heard me right, she’s a bitch. I had been trying to stop Lil from going all demon on Corny and hurting her badly. How had the "angel" repaid me? A sucker punch to the right eye.

I know what you’re thinking, I healed her. Why would I do that if I didn’t like her? The simple answer is I just can’t walk away when someone’s hurting and I have the power to help them. I guess when it comes to stuff like that my God side overrules the human in me.

“I think they didn’t send us another guy cause there’s enough testosterone already. I mean I’m barely staying afloat in their sea of…it.”

Lil flopped down beside me. “Well they didn’t need to send a complete bitch. That role has already been filled.” She said flashing me a grin.

She was trying to make me smile and because she knew me so well it worked. “You’re not a bitch. Just protective, outspoken and not easily intimidated.”

Lil threw an arm around my waist and hugged me. “You really are a saint.”

I snorted. “Blame my dad I guess.”

Lil looked up at me and frowned. “We need to get ice on that eye. It’s total bs that you can’t heal yourself by the way.”

I shrugged. “There’s a reason for everything I guess.”

Lil rolled her eyes and with a tug of my hand pulled me off the bed. “Come on Mother Theresa.” I made sure to keep a hold of her hand to help her control her rage. I could feel it flare every time she looked at me. I really did wish that I could heal myself, not to make myself feel better, but to help Lil. She didn’t like losing herself to her demon rage, I knew that.

I took a seat at the kitchen table while Lil dug in the freezer. “What on earth are you looking for?”

“Peas.” She answered without looking at me.

“Peas?” I asked looking at her like she was crazy.

Lil poked her head out of the freezer just long enough to give me the ‘duh’ look. “For your eye.”

“Oh.” I said a little dumbly.

She shut the freezer frowning. “How can they NOT have a bag of frozen peas?”

I thought for a second. “Can’t we just use ice and like a towel or something?”

“Peas are better. If we were allowed to go out we could get some.” Her face lit up as a thought came to her. “Ohhhh Briiiiiiiiian.”

“What?!” He hollered from what sounded like the den and yeah he sounded a little annoyed.

“What are you up to Lil?” I asked suddenly wary of the devious grin on her face.

“You’ll see.” She said grinning wider before hollering again. “Sera needs a favor.”

Zacky showed up in the kitchen first. “What do you need?”

“For you to go to the store and buy Sera a bag of frozen peas.”

“Why does she need a bag of peas?” Brian asked as he walked into the kitchen.

Lil looked over at me. I had laid my head down on the table effectively hiding my bad eye with my sleeve and hair. “Sit up Sera, they’re going to see sooner or later.”

I sighed knowing she was right. I sat up and watched Zacky’s mouth go slack. “What happened to you?” He asked, clearly shocked at my injury.

“Training.” I answered not wanting to cause any kind of trouble.

“Bullshit it was training.” Lil hissed before looking at both of the guys. “That angelic bitch Corny went after Sera so I would fight her.”

“That’s fucked up.” Zacky muttered in disbelief.

I looked at Brian who had gone eerily quiet. The look on his face was enough to make me swallow hard. His jaw was clamped shut, his eyes cold and hard. My eyes trailed to his sides where his hands were balled into fists.

“Brian?” I asked softly not wanting to tempt the wild beast I sensed within him.

“She hit you?” He all but growled out.

“It was an accident.”

“Bullshit! She fucking sucker punched you so I would attack her and you know it.” I winced at Lil’s angry outburst. I had a feeling something very bad was going to happen.

I didn’t realize Brian could be intimidating or scary until a demonic snarl left his perfect lips. I got a glimpse of his demon side, the side of a cold blooded killer, and it was enough to send a shudder of fear through me. Evidently I wasn’t alone because even Lil took a step away from him.

Brian turned and left before any of us, including Zacky, could react.

“Brian!” I hollered racing after him. I didn’t realize how fast he could move. Guess he wasn’t concerned about keeping his human façade in place. It didn’t take me long to find him, Cory’s squeak kinda gave it away. If that hadn’t Jimmy and Matt’s shouts to let her down would have.

Brian had her pinned against the wall so that her feet weren’t even touching the ground any longer. Her wrists were held above her head by one of his large hands so high it looked painful, but that wasn’t the worst part. His other hand was wrapped around her throat squeezing so tightly I swore I could see the veins popping out of her face that was quickly turning blue.

“You crossed the line angel. You are not to hurt Seraphina on purpose.” I shuddered at Brian’s demonic voice. The very sound of it seemed to conjure up every nightmare I had ever had.

I wondered why Matt and Jimmy were just standing there and then it suddenly dawned on me. He was using his power to keep them still so he could do as he pleased.

I entered the room warily; approaching him like one would a wild animal that could turn on you at any moment. I purposely kept my voice soft and gentle when I spoke. “Brian?” When he didn’t respond I stepped closer. “Brian you need to let her down.”

Her eyes flew to me, pleading silently for help. I turned and looked at the doorway when she looked behind me. Johnny, Lil and Zacky stood unmoving in it. Crap Brian must be controlling them too.

“She hurt you.” He growled in his demonic voice.

“She didn’t really mean to hurt me this badly; she was trying to make a point, right Cory?”

The wide eyed angel nodded the slight about she could since she looked like she was close to passing out let alone being able to speak.

I was close enough that I could touch him. I laid my hand on his back. “See Brian she’s sorry let her go.”

“No.” He growled as he squeezed her neck tighter.

Her face was turning dangerously blue and I knew she only had moments before she blacked out from lack of oxygen. I wrapped my arms around his waist and pressed myself into his back. I knew what I had to do to stop this.

Making my voice weak and vulnerable I rubbed my face against his back. “Please Brian? I need you.”

He finally turned and looked down at me. I reached up laying my hand on his cheek as I looked as pathetic as I possibly could. Which I guess given the fact that my right eye was swollen shut wasn’t hard.

Brian let her go and she crumbled to the ground gasping for breath. Everyone rushed over to her now that they were suddenly free from Brian’s control. Well everyone but Lil, she was in the doorway grinning like a fool; she had enjoyed that way too much.

Taking Brian by the hand I lead him away from the angelic bitch as Lil liked to call her, and the crowd surrounding her. “Can we watch a movie?”

“Only after we get ice on your eye.”

I nodded smiling up at him. “Yes sir.”

And that’s exactly what we did. We went into the kitchen got some ice for my eye and then camped out in the den watching movies.

Corny didn’t come anywhere near me or Brian for the rest of the night.

I couldn’t have been happier.