Status: Completed!

The Real Story of Heaven and Hell

The Price of Life

After bundling me up for the trip and arming themselves, the four of us headed towards hell. I can’t tell you the way because honestly, A, I can’t see and B, I fell asleep. I awoke the second we crossed the threshold. Panic filled me as my demon sensor went into meltdown mode.

“Shhhh. I’ve still got you Sera, and Lil and Jimmy are right beside us.”

I wrapped my arms tighter around Matt as fear flooded my system. I wasn’t meant to be here. It was wrong, it was evil. I couldn’t see anything but I could hear the tortured screams of the damned as we passed them. They begged for help and it killed me to pass them by without doing so. Soon the screams stopped and the suffocating heat was behind us. I turned my head trying to hear something, anything.

“We’re in my father’s private chambers.” Lil said resting her hand on my arm. “Soon you’re going to be okay. I promise I won’t let them hurt you.”

“You should not make promises you cannot keep daughter mine.” His voice conjured up every fear I had ever had. It was the promise of a slow painful death that would be savored by the man delivering it.

“If that’s your plan then we’re out of here.” Lil said her anger reflected in her tone.

“You condemn your beloved sister to death then? For she will die without my aid.”

I heard the sound of heavy cloths moving against the floor and I imagined him wearing some kind of heavy king like robbing for clothes.

Lil growled low in her throat. “No but what do you want? And spare me the riddles; she doesn’t have time for them.”

Lucifer tisked. “Be lucky you are my heir, hell in the flesh, for it is the only thing keeping you alive.”

Matt cleared his throat. “My Lord we were told that there has been an arrangement made?”

I couldn’t see Lucifer’s twisted smile but I could hear it in his voice. “Ahhh yes Mathim you have been told correctly. Come hand me the angel.”

I felt a rush of air move past me and knew that Lil and Jimmy had moved in front of me and Matt. “Not until you tell me what you’re going to do to her.”

Lucifer chuckled. “I am going to heal her in exchange for what I’ve been promised by her father.”

“And that would be.” Lil all but growled.

“She is to be bound to Leviathan.” I heard the guardians and my sister all inhale deeply.
This was NOT a good thing, I was sure of it.

I heard a sword being unsheathed before I heard Lil. “No.”

“You, daughter mine, do not have a say in this. The deal has already been struck and therefore cannot be taken back.” His voice was ice cold giving me the feeling if it wasn’t for who Lil was, we would all be dead right now.

“Fine. Then you leave me no choice.”

“No. Lily I can’t lose you.” Jimmy pleaded with her so low I almost couldn’t hear them.

I squeezed Matt’s arms silently begging him to tell me what was happening but I might as well be squeezing a statue as frozen as Matt was.

“You would kill yourself to save your sister from your Uncle?” Lucifer sounded honestly surprised.

I was horrified. I opened my mouth to speak. To scream at Lil not to do something so rash, but nothing came out.

Matt must have noticed cause I heard him whisper, I’m guessing to Jimmy, “Hurry she doesn’t have much time left.”

“I will not have her tied to that monster.” Lil hissed in outrage.

“The deal has been made. Her life will only be saved if she is bonded.”

“Then it can be to another demon.” It was less of a question and more of a statement.

“I have chosen. It is done.” Lucifer said with the air of authority he possessed in his tone.

“Let me chose or it won’t matter cause I’ll die first.”

I couldn’t see what she did but both Jimmy and Matt tensed around me. In a few seconds I knew why, the coppery smell of blood filled my nostrils. She was hurting herself to save me.

I could hear movement and realized Lucifer must be pacing. After a few moments he spoke, clearly annoyed. “Who would you pick daughter mine?”

“Brian.”

“I do not think he wishes to be bonded.”

“I don’t give a fuck what he wishes. He’s the one she’s bonding with.” Lil hissed from between clenched teeth.

Lucifer clapped and I heard him talking low to someone, then the rustling of clothes as someone hurried out.

A few moments later the voice I had been dreaming about met my ears. “You wanted to see me my Lord?”

“Yes Briax. I have made a deal to ensure our win in this battle.”

“That is great news my Lord.” It wasn’t lost on me how guarded Brian sounded. He was
just as cautious dealing with Lucifer as we were.

“Yes but it calls for your sacrifice my loyal servant.”

“My Lord?”

“You are to be bonded.”

“To the princess?” He asked coolly.

Lucifer laughed and it was the most sinister evil thing I had ever heard in my entire life. “No you are not that lucky, you are to be bonded with her sister.” I’m guessing he turned to look at us. “Move so he may see his mate in all her glory.”

Did I mention I hate Lucifer? Cause I do.

Brian didn’t make a sound, and it had me wishing that I could see. Did he care at all? Was he unmoved by my appearance?

“Hurry this up Lucifer or your daughter is going to die before her sister is well enough to heal her.” I was surprised at the impatience of Jimmy’s voice.

“You angel, need to remember where you are.” Lucifer’s voice dripped with the malice and now I was suddenly glad I couldn’t see. “Now bring me the angel.”

I felt Matt move slowly forward trying not to jar me as he walked. Suddenly I was on a hard surface and scared out of my mind.

Rancid breathe washed over my face. “This is going to hurt angel.”

It felt like he was putting hot pokers into my skin, injecting me with an acid that was burning me from the inside out. I opened my mouth to scream only to have nothing come out. I thrashed as pain engulfed me, filling my eyes with tears.

After a few minutes the spasms subsided and I was finally still. I opened my eyes that I had screwed shut during the painful ‘healing’. The first thing I saw was chocolate brown eyes that were filled with worry.

“Are you okay?” Brian asked so softly I knew only I had heard him.

I shook my head not trusting my voice.

“I healed her now it is time for the bonding.”

“Yes my Lord.” Brian said to Lucifer before cradling me in his lap. “It will only hurt at first.”

I watched as the nail on Brian’s index finger turned into a long pointed claw. He seemed to study me for a second before he moved my head to the side giving him access to my neck. Using his nail he cut a pretty deep gouge on my neck. I could feel the blood welling in it and I closed my eyes to keep from crying from the pain. But it didn’t last. Soon Brian’s warm lips were on my neck drinking greedily from the wound on my neck.

I hate to admit it but it was highly erotic. Warmth pooled in my veins with every pull of his lips on my neck. Guessing by the hardness I felt digging into my side, it wasn’t one sided either. I was so lost in the pleasure he was creating inside me I didn’t realize his chest was bleeding at first. Not until he had pulled his mouth away from my neck.

He had cut his chest right above his ‘blue blood tattoo’ like he had cut me and was now pressing the wounded area to my lips. My first reaction was to heal him but I somehow knew that’s not what he needed from me now. Instead I pressed my lips to it, creating suction as I started to drink from him. It wasn’t as gross as I thought it would be. His blood tasted of dark spices and power, it was intoxicating.

Too soon he was pulling away, wrapping a bandage around my neck. I wavered on my feet slightly when he helped me to my feet. I immediately searched for Lil finding her being held by Jimmy. Her bloodied sword lay beside them as Jimmy tried to keep pressure to a wound that was turning her shirt red.

I scrambled over to her, not falling by the grace of Brian. Without thinking I reached out and began healing her. Brian and Matt moved trying to obstruct Lucifer’s view of us but he had seen.

“She bares the gift of healing. This is a most interesting turn of events.” If I was paying attention to him the way he said that would have scared the living daylights out of me. As it was I didn’t even notice him, I was too focused on Lil.

A few moments later she was as good as new. “You’re alive.” She whispered hugging me tightly.

“Funny I was thinking the same thing.” I said hugging her back happily.

“I would advise you to leave now. There are many hungry souls down here that would love nothing more than an angel as a meal.”

We didn’t wait for him to tell us again. Jimmy carried Lil as Brian carried me down the hallways. Matt as always was guarding our backs. I can honestly say I was never so happy to be home again. That was until I saw Zacky, saw the way his smile fell when he saw that
Brian was carrying me. I was going to have to talk to him, but now wasn’t the time.

It suddenly hit me as I was lying in bed obviously exhausted once again.

Lil was safe and happy.

Brian was back.

And we were bonded.

It might be wrong but I just couldn’t stop smiling.

This just might be the best day of my life.

Pathetic, but true.