Status: Completed!

The Real Story of Heaven and Hell

The Great Oz

I was sitting in the kitchen, Zacky’s arm around my waist, pretending to be whoever the hell these angels thought I should be. And YEAH…not happy about it. My eyes keep trailing over to Brian who’s wound so tightly I think he just might snap. His eyes meet mine and I was instantly chilled to the bone. He’s not allowed to be my bondmate, the man I love right now. He is the enemy and I’m supposed to hate him.

I wasn’t even allowed to smile when Lil walked in. She took one look at me and Zacky and a look of confusion instantly graced her face. I don’t blame her; I’m confused as hell myself. If you asked me what I thought would happen next it sure as hell wouldn’t have been for Brian to get up and kiss her.

Not just a peck either, no, it was a full on seduction. How did I know? Because I was usually the recipient of said kisses. I squeezed Zacky’s hand so tight I think I might have broken it. It was either that, or say something that would ruin this horrible charade. I’m not gonna lie, I thought about ruining it. I know not very angel of me, but the human in me was pissed off that my man had his tongue down another girl’s throat.

Zacky whimpered in pain a second before leaning down to bite me gently on the neck to get my attention. I released his hand slightly giving him an apologetic smile. During our little exchanged we missed Lil punching Brian in the stomach. I did however not miss Brian’s groan of pain or Lil’s half hearted apology.

My frown returned when Lil let Brian put his arm around her like she was his. “Fucking bullshit.” I muttered softly unable to keep my mouth shut any longer. I don’t think anyone heard me because no one said anything or laughed. Okay well I’m sure Zacky heard me because we were like currently glued at the hips and judging by the way Lil’s lip jutted out she had heard me too and was sorry.

People were talking but I wasn’t hearing them. I couldn’t take my eyes off of Brian, the way he held on to Lil, ran his fingers through her hair. I heard Zacky whimpered yet again and I tried to loosen my grip. The rest of my day went pretty much the same. I was present physically but my mind was elsewhere.

My mood worsened when the demons showed up. The girls were whatever, one was my sister’s old friend from dance, Kiva. The other was Matt’s wife Maddy. I bit my lip hard enough to make it bleed when she squealed and threw her arms around Brian. ENOUGH! I shouted in my head. I had taken all I could take for one day.

I turned to tell Zacky only to realize he was staring at Kiva with stars in his eyes. Great, now he finds the woman of his dreams. Dad does hate me. I slipped out of the room as two rather large demons made their way in. Fine by me, I was so over well everything right now.
I started to head to my room, correction, Brian’s room when I realized I couldn’t go there. “Fucking Bullshit!” I screamed in frustration, tears threatening to spill from my eyes suddenly. I ducked into the first room I found just wanting to well do some damage to something, anything. I picked up a lamp and threw it against the wall oddly happy as it smashed into a billion pieces.

“Whoa there GG, I didn’t realize how good an arm you had, is Gates controlling you?”

I jumped when Jimmy spoke. “Jesus Jimmy! Why the fuck are you laying in the dark?”

Jimmy laughed no doubt because of my swearing they all found it amusing. “Why are you smashing defenseless lamps?”

I shrugged sitting on the bed he was currently lying on. “Cause it was either that or go looking for rope?”

He moved his arms up behind his head so it rested on them as he raised a brow at
me. “Rope?”

I nodded. “To hang myself of course.”

Jimmy barked out a laugh. “In that case we’ll look for enough for the two of us.”

It was my turn to look at him questioningly.

“I swear I’ll never get the image of Gates shoving his tongue down Lili’s throat out of my mind.”

I sighed laying down beside him. “I agree. Stupid fucking angels.” I growled.

Jimmy laughed again. “I think I like this side of you GG.”

I laughed and it felt good. I suddenly knew what Lil saw in him and I didn’t blame her at all. “Thanks.”

We laid there silently for a little while before Jimmy spoke. “You ever been drunk GG?”

“Uhhhhh no, never.”

Jimmy sat up straight an incredulous look on his face. “Never?!”

I shook my head no blushing slightly.

Jimmy hopped up off the bed looking like a little kid the night before Christmas. “Well damn it’s time we changed that!”

I laughed as he grabbed a hold of my hands and pulled me up. I followed him into the kitchen where we grabbed a bowl of limes, the salt shaker, and a bottle of Patron? I think that’s what the bottle said. Anyhow our stash in our hands we snuck back to the room.

“You know if anyone finds out we got drunk they’re gonna be pissed, right?”

Jimmy grinned locking the door behind him. “That’s what locks were made for GG.”

I laughed hard. I was so gonna have to start hanging out with this boy more. I climbed up on Zacky’s bed and sat cross legged. “Okay so how do we do this?”

“First I have to cut up the limes.” Jimmy cut the limes into wedges before getting up on the bed sitting on the other end and put everything between us. “Okay so this is how you do a shot of Tequila. First you do this…” I watched as he poured the shot glass full of the clear liquid, licked his hand and then put salt on it. With the hand that was covered in salt he picked up the shot glass. He picked up a lime wedge with the other one a silly grin on his face. “Okay now watch carefully.”

I watched as he licked the salt off his hand, downed the shot and bit into the wedge, sucking on it. When it was done he let out a very satisfied sigh. “Ahhhhh…that stuff is the shit.” Grinning at me he handed me the salt shaker. “Your turn.”

I took it hesitantly. Jimmy clucked at me and I stuck my tongue out at him. Finally I decided the hell with it and did as he had showed me. I coughed as the liquid burned its way down my throat. It felt like I had just downed acid. “It burns!” I wheezed.

Jimmy just gave me this goofy grin. “Only the first few times.”

I hit my chest like that would stop the burning. “You expect me to do that again?”

“You want to forget about Brian shoving his tongue down Lil’s throat? I sure as fuck do.”

I grabbed the bottle from him doing another shot quickly. I coughed again but he was right, it didn’t burn as badly this time.

“That’s my girl!” Jimmy cheered proudly.

I don’t honestly remember the rest of the night; it’s all kind of a blur. What I do remember is waking up feeling like crap the next morning. I stumbled out of the bed and into the shower completely forgetting about Jimmy, about the visitors, about Brian shoving his tongue down Lil’s throat.

I climbed out still feeling like shit, but clean. Maybe if I brushed my teeth? Nope that didn’t work either. I headed back into the bedroom where a snoring Jimmy still laid fast asleep. I grabbed a pair of grey sweat pants that said ‘pink’ in pink on the butt and a matching tight fitting tee. Yeah, you guessed it I feel gross enough I really don’t care what I look like.

I opened the door intending on getting some food and wished I hadn’t. The light hurt my eyes so badly I threw my arm up to block it. Grumbling I made my way down the hall losing my balance once or twice. Good lord was I still drunk? I sighed in relief as I realized I was the only one up so far. Making my way into the kitchen I poured myself a glass of OJ and a bowl of fruity pebbles. Don’t judge me, fruity pebbles are the bomb!

Heading into the living room I climbed onto the couch curling up with my fruity pebbles and cartoons. And yeah I’m not talking about the modern crap but the oldies. The smurfs, Fraggle Rock, The Jetsons, The Flintsones, ya know the good old cartoons. I wasn’t up for too long before first Jimmy and then Giselle joined me.

I got up and headed into the kitchen placing my dirty dishes in the dishwasher. I smiled at Lil as I passed her in the hallway pretending I didn’t feel like I was dying on the inside. When she didn’t return my smile I realized she was in her own little world, fine by me. When I got into the living room I realized why. Stupid angel was all up on Jimmy. OH HELL NO! Not with my sister’s man!

“What the hell do you think you’re doing Giselle?! He is a member of my personal guard and you are not to try to sleep with him!”

While she was busy trying to remember how to talk Jimmy took the opportunity to get the hell out of the room, not that I blame him. I really didn’t want to be doing this, any of it. As a matter of fact I was going to finish watching this episode of Scooby Doo and head back to bed. I would never understand why people drank so much, not when it made you feel like this the next day.

Just then April came running back in squealing about I have no idea what. Her voice alone was killing my ears. Wincing I turned to Giselle. “Please go check on whatever she’s wailing about.” I sank down on the couch as the two newest angels left the room. I closed my eyes praying that indeed my head would explode if only to stop the pain I was in. What I wouldn’t give to be able to heal myself right about now.

I was sitting there enjoying the blissful silence when my demon sensor went off. I know what you’re thinking and no, I didn’t panic. There was currently uhhhh what, six demons calling this place home? I opened my eyes hoping to see a rather gorgeous brown pair looking back at me but nope, not what I saw.

Instead I saw a pair of hazel ones staring back at me and not the ones I had come to know over these last few months. One of the demons, Abbadon I think his name was, was standing in front of me. I didn’t like the look in his eyes. It was like I was a Thanksgiving feast and he hadn’t eaten in weeks. Giving him a weak smile I got up off the couch fully intending to head into the kitchen with everyone else, just so I wouldn’t have to be alone with him.

As I went to pass him he grabbed a hold of my arm, stilling me. “Where are you going so quickly angel?”

“To check on my guardians. Please feel free to watch whatever you like.” I said motioning towards the television with my free arm.

“What if I am doing just that?” He said with a smile that made bile rise in my throat.

I gave him a kind smile. “That is awfully kind of you to say but I really must go check on my guardians.”

Abbadon looked around, seeing that we were indeed completely alone. “How is it that they left you alone?”

I raised my chin. “I don’t need guards in my own home.”

I tried not to hurl as he ran his finger down my face. “I’d be more than willing to guard your body.”

“Thank you but I’ll pass.” I said my voice holding a stern if not snooty tone to it.

He pulled me tight against his body his strong arms locking into place. “Don’t knock it until you try it. You’ve never experienced pleasure until you’ve been with a demon.”

His words conjured up memories I had been trying to erase for months now. I was suddenly back in that demon’s hideout, tied naked and scared to the bed as the demon did as he pleased with me. I whimpered as his hand snaked around my neck tilting my face up towards him. I was just as helpless now as I was back then.

I heard a low growl from behind me and it was music to my ears. “Let her go now Abbadon.” It sounded like the words were forced through Brian’s clenched teeth.

“You think the angels would mind if she was used a little too roughly?” Abbadon answered a sick twisted smile on his lips as he looked over me to Brian.

Brian growled louder this time from right behind me. “Touch her and die.”

He laughed. “Like the angels could kill me.”

“I could.” I could hear the venom dripping from his words like acid. He was dead serious, of that there was no question.

I don’t know what Abbadon saw in Brian’s eyes but he let go of me suddenly. Immediately Brian grabbed me and placed me behind him.

“You would challenge me over this angel?” Abbadon asked in utter disbelief.

“Yes.” Brian said crouching down into a fighter’s stance.

“I just wanted to see if she tasted as good as she smelled.” He replied with that sick twisted smile again.

“Don’t you dare touch her.” Brian snarled.

“Such pretty white skin.” Abbadon murmured as he looked past Brian at me again and again I had to fight the bile rising in my throat. “We could share her you know.”

I was standing there frozen when Lil pulled me away from them, out of the line of fire.

“What the hell happened?” She demanded without taking her eyes off the demons in front of us.

“He…” I trailed off as visions of my attack mixed with what had just happened. Suddenly unable to speak without fear of crying I made stroking motions on my face.

Lil growled low in her throat just as Brian grabbed Abbadon by his.

“Demon law states that a demon cannot take another’s bondmate.” Brian hissed. “Touch her and I’ll rip your throat out.”

“Bondmate?” Giselle’s high pitched voice broke some of the tension in the room.

I couldn’t take it. Memories of the past swirled in my already dizzy head. It was like the past was mixing with the present until it became over whelming. The room tilted and I had to grab a hold of Lil so I wouldn’t fall over. I was losing it. Finally the events of the past, helped by the hangover from hell, were catching up with me and taking me down with them. “I’m gonna be sick.” I mumbled to Lil before turning and running. I stumbled almost falling more than once in my hurry to reach a bathroom. As soon as I was through the door it was shut and locked behind me. I threw up the toilet lid and was sick, over and over again until there was nothing left in my stomach and still the heaves wouldn’t let me have peace. I flushed the toilet but didn’t move, opting instead to stay hugging it so the cool porcelain could cool my suddenly feverish body. I knew it was only a matter of time before someone came knocking, but I wasn’t going to let them in.

I laughed a little bitterly as I remembered a line from the Wizard of Oz. You know when they go to see the Wizard and are talking with the Guard of the Emerald City. ‘Orders are nobody can see the Great Oz! Not nobody, not nohow!’

And yeah you guessed it…

I was the Great Oz.