Status: Completed!

The Real Story of Heaven and Hell

Love's Final Hours

Two days.

Two days was all I had left on Earth. My breath hitched in my chest as a very worried looking
Brian sat down beside me on the bed. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

Brian sighed clearly he hadn’t wanted me to know. “I didn’t want you to worry.”

I sat up the blankets falling away to reveal I was only wearing one of his shirts. Before I could yell at him he kissed me. It was soft and gentle, nothing like it usually was. It melted away my anger faster than a snowstorm in April. It reminded me exactly of what I would be losing in two extremely short days.

Forty eight hours, that’s all I had.

I decided right then and there to make sure I made them count. I wrapped my arms around his neck effectively pulling him with me as I lay back down on the bed . Brian held himself up by his forearms, trying to keep his weight off me no doubt.

I was the one to make the first move, tiny as it was. I opened my mouth and tilted my head just the way he liked. Of course he didn’t need to be told twice. Our lips collided again and again as we all but tried to consume the other.

Soon we were to the point where I normally pulled away from him, blushing and apologetic, but not this time. I knew what I wanted, my body craved it and my heart demanded it. I wanted to show Brian exactly what he meant to me, just how much I loved him.

I ran my hands down his muscular back the whole way to the bottom hem of his shirt. Without pause I gathered the fabric in my fists and began pulling it up. The minute Brian realized what I was doing his wonderfully talented lips stopped moving. This time it was him who pulled back, his eyes searching mine. “Dashuria Ime?”

“Yes Mijinta?” I smiled at the look of shock on his face. After returning from Hell I had my fair share of time with Professor Matt on demonology. I had asked him to teach me their language. I know you’re wondering why I didn’t ask Brian. Easy, I wanted to surprise him. Which guessing by the look on his face, I had. He hadn’t expected me to know how to say the word husband in his language.

His eyes burned into mine with a heat that was nothing like I had ever seen. It was what I guessed love and passion on fire would look like. “Say it again.”

I lifted his shirt so I could see the tattoo on his right pectoral. Right above the words ‘blue blood’ is where he had feed me, binding me to his side for all eternity. “Mijinta.” I murmured against his flesh before on a hunch I placed a kiss to the spot and was rewarded with a light groan from him.

“You’re killing me Mata.” I smiled as he used the word for wife.

I lay back down so I could see his eyes yet again. Feeling anything but sexy I gave him what I hoped was a coy smile. “I would rather spend tonight loving you.”

“Are you sure?” Brian asked as his eyes searched mine.

“I don’t know about you but there’s no other way I’d like to spend the next forty eight hours.” I replied as I pulled on his shirt yet again. This time he sat up letting me pull it up and off of him.

“The next forty eight hours?” He asked grinning wickedly.

I nodded feeling less sure of myself then I was letting on and he chuckled.

“I’m not sure you’re ready for that.” He warned with a cocky grin on his face, God but I loved that look on him.

“There’s only one way to find out.” I replied before pulling him down so I could kiss him. As always our kiss exploded into fireworks that only fueled the fire we felt for each other. If I could kiss him for, well, ever it would never be enough. But I knew all I had was forty eight hours to show him my love, to give him memories to carry with him when I was gone. I would do everything within my power to make the next forty eight hours unforgettable.

ROUGHLY TWO DAYS LATER….

I woke up early; like I always did but this time the clock only said it was a little after midnight. I was laying there trying to get back to sleep when I realized it was brighter in the room than normal. I carefully reached over Brian thinking he must have left the light on for me only to frown when I turned it on instead.

Brian rolled over covering his face with a pillow while he mumbled something unintelligible. I turned the light back off quickly and frowned when then glowing was still there. I forced my still half closed eyes open fully determined to find out the source of the light. It was then that I started to panic.

I was the source of light.

I picked up my arm, staring at it as if seeing it for the first time. My skin wasn’t its normal milky white color. It was almost opalescent like and was kinda sparkly? Oh God I was turning into a Twilight vampire! Okay I had to be dreaming? Right? No one glowed and sparkled in real life….right?

I admit it, I pinched myself and ended up swearing cause it hurt like hell.

Thisisn’trealthisisn’trealthisisn’treal….

Is all I kept chanting in my head. Reaching over I shook Brian trying to wake him up so he could tell me I was indeed hallucinating. I mean if I wasn’t dreaming I had to be hallucinating, right? Oh God I was going to have a meltdown right here if he didn’t wake up. “Brian wake up.”

“Babe I love you and all but I need to sleep.” He mumbled not moving from his spot on the bed.

I blushed a crimson red even though it was just the two of us in the room. “I don’t want that.”

I heard his sleepy chuckle. “It would be the first time in days you haven’t.”

This would have all been very funny if I wasn’t on the verge of losing my mind. I used both hands to shake him this time. “Please Mijinta.”

Guess he could hear the panic starting to make my voice tremble because he was up and totally alert, ready for danger two seconds later. “What’s wrong?” Even as he asked I saw the look of shock as he took in my new appearance.

“Please tell me I’m dreaming.” I whispered as a lone tear escaped my eye, shimmering its way down my cheek.

Brian pulled me into his arms, holding me tightly. “It’s begun.”

I wrapped my arms around him, for the first time not even slightly embarrassed at the nakedness of our bodies. All I could think of was losing him. Today was the day. “I’m not ready.”

“It’ll be okay Dashuria Ime.” He cooed into my ear trying to ease my worry, reassure me, but I knew the truth.

Nothing was ever going to be okay again.

I suddenly felt the urge to touch him, be touched by him one final time. I pulled back kissing him until neither of us could think of anything but each other. This time our joining was that of undeniable love and the desperate longing for eternity in each other’s arms.

Too soon there was a soft knock on his door. “We have a gift for the chosen.”

I sighed. Every time they used that term I had a flashback to the Matrix. I was just me, Seraphina Quinn, that was all. Sensing my irritation Brian leaned down kissing me on the forehead before slipping on jeans and opening the door.

“We ask she wears traditional clothing today.” I chuckled as Brian grabbed whatever they had and slammed the door in their face. That was my demon husband for you. No one but me got to see anything but that side of him. “You should be nicer to them.”

Brian snorted before turning on the light. “I’m a demon. It’s my job to be an asshole especially to angelic assholes that upset my mata.”

I couldn’t breathe as my eyes fixed on what he had just hung up. It was the dress from my nightmares. The beautiful snow white dress that would end up stained with my blood.

“You okay?” Brain asked sounding more than a little worried.

I thought about trying to mask my fear only to remember he could feel it. Instead I shook my head no. “Today is the End of Days. I’m scared. I’m going to fail.”

Brian was by my side, wrapping his strong arms around me before I could blink. “Seraphina ba, rai. Da farin ciki na farin cikina, da zafi ke yi mini ciwo. Ina naka, kuma ku zauna har abada. Ka koya mini, ku alloli ne, ko kuwa a pureness da ƙauna. A cikin wannan, ya ci tura. (Seraphina you are my heart, my life. Your happiness is my happiness; your pain is my pain. I am yours and shall remain forever so. You have taught me faith, not of Gods or men but in the pureness of love. In this we cannot fail.)

I understood just enough to get all teary eyed. He was so serious, his words filled with so much passion I would believe him if I didn’t know better. Love burned so brightly in his chocolate brown eyes I couldn’t bring myself to voice my objections. Instead I kissed him, long and slow, savoring the taste and feel of his lips against mine.

With a heavy heart I pulled away from him and climbed off our bed. The dress was indeed beautiful in its own right. It was of medieval design, a long snow white dress with gold writing in an ancient language most wouldn’t know. Funny thing was I shouldn’t be able to either and yet I could. It said ‘May the light of the lamb burn through the darkness of evil and shine eternal light on all of mankind’.

I ran my fingers over the symbols made of woven gold briefly before I removed the garment from its hanger and pulled it on. It fit like a glove, like it had been especially for me out from my exact measurements. I smiled at Brian as he handed me a gold chain that was specifically made to carry a sword around one’s waist.

Brian himself had taken the time to finally dress as well. He was currently wearing a pair of leather pants, a sleeveless shirt with some kind of interesting cross/dragon/daggers design on it, and his huge shit kicker boots. “Nice outfit.” I giggled at him to which he snorted. I quickly wanted to take back my teasing the moment he bent over. Man but his butt looked good in leather pants.

Is it wrong that I thought he looked even hotter once he strapped his sword onto his back? Cause yeah, he did. I watched him strap on multiple weapons, another sword along with many daggers hidden all over his body.

This was it, this was really happening.

We were preparing for battle.

Brian turned and our eyes locked. I all but ran into his arms when he opened them. I kissed him with abandon sensing this would be the last chance I would get, ever. When he finally pulled back my head was swimming and my knees felt weak. It’s how I didn’t realize he was up to something.

A white cloth covered my face as he held me unmovable in his arms. I struggled even though it was pointless. Brian’s face was contorted with the struggle he was feeling inside. The decision to do this hadn’t been easy for him. “I’m sorry Dashuria Ime but this is the only way. I can’t risk you getting hurt, none of us can.” He kissed my forehead. “Forgive me.”