Status: Completed!

The Real Story of Heaven and Hell

Sacrifice is Thy Name

I came awake all of a sudden. “Brian!” I screamed looking around frantically for him but he was gone.

“It’s okay Chosen, you are safe.”

I hadn’t even seen the small brunette angel guarding the door. But there in all her angelic beauty was April. Her wings seemed to shimmer in the soft candle light of the room we were in. It was a room I had only seen in my dreams. “Where are we?”

“We are still in the house if that is what you’re asking, just in a section that hadn’t been used in centuries.” She replied watching me carefully without moving from her post in front of the door.

“Where is everyone else?” I asked making my way slowly around the room as if examining its content. I was really trying to figure out a way out of this room. Lil was going to die if I didn’t.
I looked at April who refused to look at me or answer. “The battle has started, hasn’t it?”

“Yes, chosen.”

“And your job is to keep me here, away from it?” I asked raising a brow as I examined a rather sturdy looking lamp. Again she wouldn’t look at me giving me the answer. I sent a silent prayer for forgiveness to my father before I picked up the lamp and struck April.

I was by her side in an instant checking her vitals. I let out a sigh of relief when I realized she was okay. She was just unconscious. I made peace with it by knowing that she would be okay, eventually. I opened the door with such force I ripped it off its hinges. I let the door fall to the ground and raced down the long winding path.

I know you’re wondering, how I knew where to go. Well I followed the invisible line that seemed to tether Brian and me together. I came to the same large door I had seen in my nightmare a million times. I didn’t waste any time, a thought had a rather large energy ball shooting from my hands. I turned my head as a thousand tiny shards of wood flew past me.

I raced towards the sounds of battle, screams of pain, metal hitting metal. I covered my ears when Matt screamed. “Lil!” I screamed as I made my way into a clearing. Angels and demons filled the area, the ground once brown, was now covered in the blood of the dead bodies that lay everywhere.

My eyes immediately found Brian. He was amazing in all of his deadly beauty, fighting not only angels but his own people as they rushed him. He was protecting my sister, I saw her in the middle of a circle of our guardians. She was just about as impressive as any one of the guardians. I smiled with pride as I watched them all in frozen wonder.

I began running towards them, shooting anyone who dared get in my way with an energy blast. It might not kill them currently but it would put them out of commission for a little while. I jumped over one slashing sword as I rolled under another.

I looked up to see the circle collapsing. It was almost as if the angels and demons had realized together their goal could be accomplished. It was then I noticed why they were working together. Johnny had changed his appearance so that he looked like me. They thought that we were both indeed on the battle field and were doing their best to each get at their mark.

I watched as an angel broke through the circle heading straight towards Lil. Her back was to him, she had no idea he was about to strike. No one else did either. All of the guardians, even the new ones, all were fighting no less than two enemies.

It was my nightmare brought to life.

I pulled a sword from a fallen angel and threw it with all my might. It seemed like it took years for it to find its mark. The angel screamed in pain and fell to the ground dead. Lil turned looking at the angel with a sword sticking out of its chest. Her eyes lifted and found mine. We smiled at each other for a second.

I had done it.

I had saved Lil.

Lil’s smiled turned to a mask of utter disbelief and horror as I felt the cold metal pierce my skin.

“Tell your father I win.” Lucifer hissed in my ear, his voice filled with the sick pleasure my death was giving him. I felt him push the sword deeper until the hilt was in my back. I screamed in pain as he twisted the sword slowly.

The guardians, lead by Lil, were trying to make their way to me but an army of angels and demons were keeping them at bay. I wanted to scream at them to stop, that there was nothing they could do. I was dying as I knew I would.

I looked down and saw the red spreading out, staining the white gown with my blood. I heard my name being growled out and I looked up into the panicked eyes of Brian. They were only feet away from me now. Lucifer pushed me off his sword with his foot and I fell to the ground. Already coldness was spreading through my body rendering my limbs useless.

Lil was suddenly in my vision, tears staining her face. “Don’t you dare die damn it!”

“I’m sorry. I failed.” I wheezed. I swear I could feel my lungs filling with fluid as I laid there.

She gave me a small smile when I knew she wanted to do anything but smile. “Ssshhh. You haven’t failed we can fix this.”

I don’t know how I knew what to do but I suddenly did. Lil grabbed a dagger and slit her palm open, then reached over to do the same to mine. Clasping my hand in hers the words flowed out of my mouth so softly I knew only Lil could hear them. “In the name of Heaven…In the name of God…By the blood of the Nephiliim twins we bind the balance.”

Lil said her own piece but I couldn’t tell you what the words were. Things were fading fast. Light was blending into a never ending darkness. Suddenly Lil was gone and Brian was there. I couldn’t feel anything; my vision was failing along with my hearing.

“Don’t leave me my love, my life.” I watched as blood red tears ran down his cheeks.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered coughing on my own blood. “I love you.”

He leaned down his lips brushing mine although I couldn’t feel it. “Zan riƙa ƙauna matata (I will always love you my wife).”

The last thing I would ever see on this earth was the face of my husband, the look of undeniable love shining in his eyes.

And oddly…

That was enough.