Status: Completed!

The Real Story of Heaven and Hell

Two Nephilim, Two Demons, Two Angels and a Partridge In A Pear Tree

I finished my shower and turned a critical eye on my clothes. My shirt was stained with demon goo and my blood, not to mention mud and dust from the mausoleum. My pants were ripped and covered in demon blood.
“Uhh, someone have clothes for me?” I poked my head out of the bathroom. No one was around, but there was a clean pair of sweatpants and a wife-beater on the bed. I slid it on, grateful for clean clothing and the darkened room. I’d always liked the dark better. It soothed my nerves.
Of course, as soon as I started relaxing, the light flicked on.
“Shit.” I covered my eyes, hiding from the pain of the light.
“Sorry.” The light clicked off. I peeked out from behind my hands. The shape was too tall to be Johnny, too defined for Zacky or Brian, and shorter than Jimmy. That left Matt, the other demon. “So you found the clothes?”
“Yeah. Otherwise you would have gotten a peep show.” I muttered. I knew he could hear me. There was literally no other noise in the house. That made me worry about Sera. She’d always been the more innocent of the two of us, and I didn’t want to leave her alone with a demon, especially one as hot as Syn.
“That might not be a bad thing.” He chuckled.
“So what’s your power?” I sat on the bed cross-legged. I needed to absorb all this information at once, otherwise I would start freaking out. “Whose bed is this by the way?”
“Mine and I’d rather not demonstrate.” He lay down next to me. “You see, it breaks a lot of shit. When I scream it turns sonic and kills stuff.”
“Cool.” God, I’m so smart. I blame the drugs. I stretched out flat and stared up at the darkened ceiling. “So I’m the daughter of the Devil.”
“Nephilim.” He corrected.
“I’m the daughter of Nephilim?” That sounded like something out of the Bible.
“It’s what you and Sera are. It’s an ancient race of half humans and half angels or demons.”
“Like Johnny?” This is getting weirder and more complicated every minute.
“Not exactly. Johnny’s parents were a demon and an angel. You two are from Lucifer and God themselves and a human mother.”
“What does Lucifer look like?” My voice dropped until it was almost inaudible. I had this sick preoccupation about what my dad looked like. Gramps never had any pictures of our parents, for good reason I guess.
“I don’t know.” Matt said after a long moment. “I’ve never seen him, even though he was the one that sent Brian and me to watch over you and Sera.”
“You were picked?”
“Jimmy and Zacky too.”
“Well there’s proof God has a sense of humor.” I muttered. Matt gave me a quizzical look, which I could see in the half light. “He sent us hot guards. Two girls and four hot dudes. Plus Johnny.” Matt laughed a deep belly laugh that put me more at ease.
“I think this will all work out.”
“Except for the whole people trying to kill us thing.” I flung my arm over my face. “We’ll never have a normal life, will we?”
“I’m sorry.” And that’s when I knew, we’d never be free of what we were.
Nephilim.
The word that bound our futures.
The light clicked on again and Matt and I both covered our eyes.
“Fuck, did you have to do that?” I growled. I oughta kill him for doing that.
Whoa. Where does that keep coming from?
“Sorry.” Jimmy muttered, turning it off again.
“Why do I have this urge to kill things?” I asked. Jimmy lay down on my other side.
“Demon rage.” Matt said. “It’s a billion times worse for you because you’re Lucifer’s daughter.” That explains the serial killers reunion going on in my head.
“It’ll help if you stay near Sera. She’s your natural balance.” Jimmy offered. I remembered when I’d been choking him, Sera’s touch had made the rage evaporate.
“Sorry about choking you.” I rolled to face him and put my arm over his chest in a shitty half-hug.
“It’s okay Hell Girl.” He put his arm around my waist and I could swear Matt growled. It was more of a warning sound than an angry sound. Jimmy let go of me and I rolled away.
That was weird.
Well, not as weird as being the Nephilim daughter of the Devil, but pretty weird still.
“I think I’ll go see if Sera’s gotten raped by Brian.” I jumped over Matt and scampered down the hall.
This is a really nice house. I wasn’t paying attention before, but it is. Sera was lying on the couch between Syn and Zacky. I raised an eyebrow at her lounging arrangements, but didn’t say anything.
I knew she could read that something had happened on my face, but it would have to wait until we were alone. I slung my legs over the arm of the armchair, settling in.
“Little Nicky? Really?” I rolled my eyes. Adam Sandler as the son of the Devil and an angel. I liked the movie, but honestly showing it here was a little too ironic for my taste.
“I thought it fit.” Syn shrugged. I settled in to watch the movie. Luckily, it was dark in here so my eyes didn’t hurt. Jimmy sat on the floor next to me, his head leaning against my hip. Matt sat on the couch next to Syn.
Cozy little arrangement. If you didn’t know us, you’d think we were six friends watching a movie.
Not two Nephilim, two demons, and two angels.