Status: Completed!

The Real Story of Heaven and Hell

We're Never Gonna Be Normal, Are We?

It was always the same and yet different. I was in a white gown, my long hair left cascading down my back with flowers woven through it. Today would be a great day of joy and peace. True happiness was just a breath away; it would only be another moment or two at the most.

Suddenly the light would vanish leaving me alone in the unforgiving darkness. I searched uselessly for a light switch but nothing would illuminate. Dread filling me I flung open the door. Sounds of battle drifted to my ears and I ran towards the sound.

People I loved were dying, I could feel it. A pain unlike anything I had ever felt dropped me to my knees. I kneeled for a few seconds before I scrambled up to my feet, running as fast as I could to the sounds of clashing metal and screams.

I burst through an old wooden door into a clearing I had once found beautiful. Now it was a place of death and destruction. My knees faltered as the feeling of extreme pain and sadness washed over me.

What I now recognized as demons and angels were in the midst of an epic battle. Sparks flew as metal came crashing together again and again. I realized I now recognized some of the people fighting; all of our guardians were there. As she always is Lil was standing in the center of the chaos kicking ass all Xena like. But again the picture changed, she wasn’t alone this time, Jimmy was there. They stood back to back, fighting demons and angels alike.

I ran towards her screaming, ducking blades and claws as I went. She was so close yet a million miles away. I had to get to her. Something horrible was going to happen if I didn’t. It was then that I saw it. A beautiful male dressed in white sword held high as he raced towards my sister. Without thinking I threw out my hand, energy blasting Lil’s would be killer.

It was then that she turned towards me. Her proud smile turned into a mask of horror as she screamed “No!”

I felt the coldness of the sword pierce my flesh. I looked down seeing my beautiful white gown quickly turning red. The demon behind me roared in triumph as I fell to my knees. Coldness started to creep into my body, spreading out from where the sword had found purchase. Lil was over me crying as the Guardian’s surrounded the two of us. She was begging me not to go but I knew it was over, I had failed so many.

I awoke screaming as if my soul was dying. In a flash Lil was over at me, wrapping her arms around my shaking body. “Shhhh, it’s okay Sera, you’re safe, it was only a nightmare.”

I sobbed as she rocked me cooing to me like a mother would a scared child. I couldn’t do anything but cling to her. It was always like this, I would wake up scared and crying and Lil would calm me down. “It. Was. Worse. I. I. died.” Each word was separated by a broken sob.

Lil held on to me tighter. “I won’t let you die.”

“You couldn’t help me.” I shook my head my eyes still clamped shut. I could still feel the coldness of death trying to claim me.

“I won’t let you die.” She repeated. I knew the tone she was using; it was her stubborn side coming out full force.

“Neither will we.” Zacky and Syn said at the same time.

The sound of their voices snapped me back into reality. I had forgotten where I was and what had happened. I forced myself to calm down, something that was much easier with Lil there. Pulling back from Lil I noticed everyone was in the room, including Johnny, and they were all staring at me like I was crazy.

I let my head fall forward slightly so I could hide in my hair. True to her protective nature Lil helped shield me with her own body.

Johnny was the first one who dared speak. “What the hell was that about?”

I swear I heard Lil’s jaw snap shut. She didn’t like anyone being even remotely mean or rude to me. I laid my hand on her arm, an unspoken gesture for her to relax. I felt the tension leave her almost immediately.

I spoke before she could. “We have nightmares if we’re kept apart too long.”

“It’s why we need to share the same bed.” Lil added.

All five of the guys just looked at us. Lil’s lips thinned into a tight line. “What?”

Jimmy raised his hands up in surrender. “Nothing.”

“That’s what I thought.” She mumbled glaring at all five of the guys.

Johnny stood there looking rather slightly annoyed with us. I was beginning to think that he didn’t like us. “Well if you’re done with movie time I need to see the four of you for an update.”

I watched as all of them got up and followed him out of the room. When they were finally gone I let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding.

Lil who had been watching them leave turned to look at me, concern in her eyes. “You okay?”

I nodded. It always took me a few minutes to shake off the remnants of my nightmares. “How long was I asleep?”

“Well you missed most of Little Nicky and then we watched both Transformers.”

“Holy shit.” I breathed amazed. I couldn’t believe I had slept that long again.

Lil giggled slightly at my curse, but it was okay, I liked making my sister happy. She placed her hand over her stomach when it growled loudly. “I don’t know about you but I think it’s time to eat again.”

I nodded whole heartedly. “Agreed, raid the kitchen?”

“Race ya!” She hollered before jumping off and running out of the room.

I raced after her both of us laughing our heads off as we tried to find the kitchen.

“I win!” She called out laughing as she found it first. Just like the rest of the house it was beautiful and remarkably clean. You would never guess that five guys lived here. Maybe they had a maid?

“This time.” I panted between laughs.

“Okay time to rummage.” She said wiggling her brows.

We both went through their cupboards not finding a whole hell of a lot. “So are you going to tell me what’s up?”

Lil shrugged as she pulled two boxes of spaghetti out of the cupboard. “Jimmy put his arm around me and Matt growled.”

I swear I almost dropped the jar of spaghetti sauce that was in my hands. “What?!”

“Yeah.”

I just blinked at my sister as she went about finding a pan. “Like he was jealous?”

“Nah like a warning.”

I was pondering this bit of information when she turned the tables on me. “So what was with the whole lounging arrangement in there anyhow?”

I blushed for I don’t know why. “What? I was sleepy and Zacky told me to lie down.”

“Uh huh.” She said grinning over her shoulder at me.

“It is.” I mumbled as I blushed even more, my sister knew me way too well. I went about doctoring the jar sauce I had found with the few spices I could find.

“Just remember that they’re an angel and a demon okay? Not normal guys.” She said in her best mothering tone.

I frowned as I nibbled on my bottom lip. The realization that none of my dreams would ever happen hit me hard. My voice was a little on the weak side when I spoke. “We’re never going to be normal, are we?”

Lil put her arm around me. “Normal is over rated Sera.” She kissed my temple. “Just look on the bright side.”

I raised my brow at her. “And that would be?”

“Our Guardians are fucking hot as hell!” She replied with a wink.

I laughed at her exuberance. I loved my sister. No matter what she could always make me feel better. Not to mention that she was my protector way before Zacky and Syn showed up.

As we made dinner for us and the boys I realized that nothing else mattered but my sister. I would do whatever it took to keep her safe. Even if it meant that my nightmare became a reality.