Status: Completed!

The Real Story of Heaven and Hell

Holy Force Fields

I followed my Guardians chewing on my bottom lip the entire time. It was one thing to hear you’re not normal another altogether to see it. I realized part of me was still hoping that they were wrong, about, well everything. But if we did this little demonstration and they were right…life as I knew it was forever gone.

As I watched Lil disappear into a room with Jimmy and Matt I felt the weight of what was about to happen starting to suffocate me. I all but jumped out of my skin when I heard Brian’s voice from right behind me. “What’s wrong?”

“Good Lord! Are you trying to give me a heart attack?” I snapped and instantly regretted my harsh tone although Brian just chuckled.

“I’d be a pretty shitty guardian if I was.”

Zacky, who had been walking in front of us stopped short and threw open a door. “Your class room my lady.”

He was so friggin cute I giggled. “Why thank you kind sir.” I said smiling from ear to ear as I walked inside. I was glad Zacky was here, he seemed to be able to make me smile no matter what was going on.

My back to them I missed the glare Brian gave him as he walked through the door behind me and the shit eating grin that Zacky flashed at him in return.

The room looked a lot like the one I use to take my yoga classes in, complete with a wall of mirrors. Maybe this wasn’t the best place for me to learn? “You sure we should do this here?”

“You plan on trashing the place?” Brian asked me with an amused smirk on his face like the very thought alone was funny to him.

“Well no but…”

Brian leaned against the wall his arms over his chest. “No buts. You need to learn and this is the only other training room in the place.”

How was it that he could look so freakin hot just standing there being a pain in the ass? I should be pissed not noticing how nicely his clothes fit his trim body. GAH! WHAT AM I THINKING?! Get a hold of yourself Seraphina! Focus!

Thank God…errr…maybe I shouldn’t be using that phrase anymore. Thank goodness Zacky decided to save me from myself. “I think we should see if you actually have the ability to harness and focus the energy around you.”

I blinked up at him. Say what? “Uhhh…come again?”

Zacky gave me a patient smile. “Everything alive has energy and being you, you should be more connected to it than any angel I’ve met.”

“So angels are like big energy suckers?” I asked trying to wrap my head around this.

Brian’s booming laughter filled the room and drew an angry glare from Zacky. “You know I think I’m going to start using that term.”

A strange coldness filled Zacky’s eyes that I didn’t recognize. “I’d rather use a small amount of energy from someone then steal their soul.”

Brian’s eyes got even harder than they normally were. “You’re confusing me with Lucifer again. I’m not the soul stealer, just the deliverer.”

Zacky rolled his eyes. “Yes that makes it so much better.”

Brian pushed off the wall and got in Zacky’s face. “Like you were fucking perfect in your human life. It’s a fucking miracle they let you in up there. Did you have to blow God himself to get the pardon?”

I jumped between the two physically putting myself between them, one hand on Zacky’s chest, the other on Brian’s. “Hey, guys, remember me? I’m the chic with a death warrant on her head.
Ya know the one you’re supposed to be PROTECTING. I would really like to find out what I can do so maybe, just maybe, I’ll live to see my twenty first birthday.” Annoyance had crept into my voice by the end of my little rant. But really can you blame me?

Both guys were looking down at me with their mouths hanging open slightly. Brian recovered first, a wicked grin curving his sexy lips. Gah! Did I really just refer to his lips as sexy?! Shoot me now. “I knew you had it in you baby girl. I’m impressed.”

I frowned as Zacky’s face broke into a grin. “It didn’t take as long as I thought it would. At least now we know that she won’t be spineless when the time comes.”

Now I was the one looking confused. “Huh?”

“You’re kind of cute when you’re confused.”

I looked away from Brian and up at Zacky. “What are you talking about?”

Zacky continued to smile putting his arm around my shoulders. “We needed to make sure that when the time came you were human enough to be pissed off enough to react if nothing else.”

“Oh.” Wait…this had been a test? “Dude, not cool.” I pouted at them. Zacky just laughed at me, while Brian looked…pissed? Color me confused. I sighed, well at least the puppy dog eyes still worked on Lil.

“Let’s do this already.” Yep Brian was defiantly pissed judging by the angry tone of his voice.

Zacky let go and walked to the far end of the room. “Okay now this is going to be hard first time around. Close your eyes and focus on your inner calm. It’s there that you’ll feel it, the tug of the strand that connects you to everything.”

Closing my eyes I did as he instructed, letting out a small gasp of surprise as I feel it. It’s hard to put into words how it feels. Just as I was about to open my eyes I felt a very dark energy. It was carnal and consuming, so intense I backed away quickly.

Of course since my eyes were closed while I did this I fell flat on my ass. When my eyes popped open I was staring up into a beautiful pair of chocolate brown eyes that were filled with worry. “Ser, you okay?”

I nodded weakly and took the hand he offered, allowing him to pull me back up to my feet. He was so close I could smell him; it was a unique scent that tickled my nose and made my heart race. I let go of him quickly unsure of what was happening to me. I needed to talk to Lil, like now.

Both of the guys were staring at me with worry in their eyes. I took a deep breath and pasted on a smile. “Okay so I know what it feels like, now what?”

Brian walked over and took his spot against the wall again, leaving me and Zacky facing each other. “Now you focus that energy, feel it spreading out of your core, up your arms, and out of your hands.”

I hadn’t even realized that as he spoke I had been doing as he instructed. That was until the energy blast shot out of my hands and hit Zacky. He flew back into the wall and I stood there frozen in horror. I ran over to him dropping to my knees expecting to see like charred flesh or something. But he was fine, not a singed hair or piece of clothing on him. I leaned down and hugged him tightly. “Oh my God you’re okay.”

Zacky laughed as he got up pulling me up with him. “Force field magic.”

I blinked. “Huh?” Why did I always sound so stupid around these guys?

Zacky lifted his hand and I watched the air almost vibrate. In seconds you could see the distortion, like something glass or plastic was there. I reached up and pushed with my pointer finger. Holy shit it was solid. “You’re like Jean Grey.”

Both Zacky and I looked at Syn when his laughter suddenly seemed to burst out of him. “Told you.”

I looked between the amused Syn and the very not amused Zacky. “So does like everyone have powers or something?”

Zacky answered me. “Angels and demons, yes, humans, no.”

I turned to look at Brian. “So you have powers too?”

“Yeah.”

I looked at him waiting for him to elaborate when he didn’t I asked. “Such as?”

“I bend the will of others.” He said with a shrug like it wasn’t a big deal.

“You what?” I stood my ground as he approached me slowly. He walked with the gate of a predator that was sure it would land its prey. My heart beat faster as he mesmerized me with his lethal grace.

When he was close enough he reached out capturing my face so I had to look up at him. “Look at me.”

I couldn’t resist his command. My eyes locked with his and I found myself drowning in his beautiful chocolate eyes. He really was beautiful with long brown hair and dark lashes. His hand was strong and firm on my chin.

He opened his mouth to say something but all I heard was Matt. “Brian! We have a situation in here!”

Before I knew what was happening he was gone leaving me alone with Zacky. “What the hell just happened?”

Zacky shrugged. “Syn was bending your will to his slowly and then Matt yelled.”

My mind was a little foggy like I was just waking up. “Oh, okay.” A second later my mind had caught up with the world. “Wait…Lil! We gotta see what’s going on!”

Zacky walked over putting his arm around me. “Calm down, I’m sure she’s fine but we’ll go let you see for yourself.”

With that Zacky and I went to find what the hell was going on in the other room with my sister. I swear if they had hurt her, even accidentally, I was going to forget that I was the God twin for
real.