Status: Completed!

The Real Story of Heaven and Hell

Destruction

I shook myself, happy to be back in my own skin.
“Thanks a lot dude.” I nearly hugged Brian I was so happy. “Hey, Zacky and his force fields are here. Teach me to shoot fire!” I stuck out my lower lip.
“I think that’s a lesson for another day.” Matt said, a nervous tone in his voice.
“Fine.” I sighed.
“What the hell happened?” Sera demanded.
“I possessed Jimmy and I got stuck. Brian had to work some voodoo on me to get me out of Asshole the Angel’s head.” I hooked my thumb over my shoulder at Jimmy. “What were you guys doing?”
“Shooting energy blasts.” Something happened in there. I knew I had to wait until we were alone to find out, and that was gonna drive me nuts.
“How come she gets to shoot shit and I don’t?” I knew I was whining, but I wanted to test how flammable Jimmy’s hair was. He was freaking pissing me off, with his cuteness and un-angel like sarcasm. Mostly his cuteness. Those blue eyes that made me want to swim in them-
Damn. I think they were talking to me.
“Sorry, what?” I tore my eyes away from Jimmy.
“I said, Sera isn’t gonna set shit on fire if she aims badly.” Matt rolled his eyes. I tugged the wife beater I was wearing down. It had started riding up on my stomach again.
“Can we go get some real clothes?” I asked. “Like, get our stuff from our house?”
“I guess we can go get it.” Johnny said. “Take the SUV and get them their clothes.”
“Aye aye captain.” Jimmy saluted and I chuckled. I slipped my feet into my Vans and followed Matt down the hallway to a garage.
“Dude, we’re in a fucking mountain?” I gaped, stepping outside of the garage. The house was built into the mountain, hidden by trees.
“Yeah. We figured it was the safest place to take you girls.”Matt said, getting into the driver’s seat. I slid into the backseat, Sera taking the spot next to me.
“Who gets the jump seat?” I asked. If Brian and Zacky were both coming along, then someone would have to get in the back. They seemed to be having some kind of Mexican standoff.
“Okay, we’ll get in the back.” I jumped over the seat and pulled Sera after me. These two definitely have the hots for my sister.
Question is, who would I rather have date my innocent angel of a twin? An angel or a demon?
Well, I guess I don’t really have a say in the matter. We drove for an hour in near total silence, except for the Iron Maiden spilling out of the speakers.
“Hey, where’s Johnny?” It just occurred to me that he wasn’t in the car with us.
“He went into the woods to become the knife master.” Jimmy said. He saw my confused face in the mirror. “He’s gonna get off the bus and run into the woods and never come back. And when he comes back, he’ll be the knife master.” I nearly choked on my gum I was laughing so hard. Sera was laughing her ass off too. We finally pulled up to our house.
“Oh my God.” Sera gasped.
Our house was trashed. It looked like it had been bombed.
“Told you my screaming breaks shit.” Matt said softly. I covered my mouth with my hand. Every piece of glass in the house was shattered, and it was leaning to one side precariously. I ran into the house, ignoring their yells after me. The stench of rotting meat hit me like a brick wall. I tried not to breathe and bent down to look under the powder of shattered glass. I pulled a picture out from under the remains of a table.
It was a picture of Gramps and Sera and me on our graduation day. I can’t even describe how angry I was at that exact moment. I stuffed the picture in my pocket and ran up the stairs.
“Lil!” Jimmy yelled after me. “Don’t go up there!”
I ignored him.
Everything I owned was scattered across the room and torn apart. My lucky pair of toe shoes that Gramps said belonged to my mom were the only thing untouched. I cradled them to my chest and looked at my trashed belongings. The rage I felt threatened to overwhelm me, so I slammed my fist into the wall. Again and again, until the walls shook.
“Lil, it’s okay.” Jimmy folded my shaking body into his arms. The angry tears flowed out of my eyes like fucking Niagara Falls. My heart felt like it was gonna explode from so much anger.
“I. Need. Sera.” The words came out broken from the sobs.
“I’m here Lil.” My sister pulled me out from Jimmy’s embrace and I calmed down. “Look on the bright side. Now we get to go shopping. And I’m pretty sure we can convince them to take us to Starbucks.” I cracked a tentative smile and followed them back down the stairs. Sera’s room had similarly been destroyed. There was nothing left we could salvage, just my toe shoes and the picture.
♠ ♠ ♠
A Mexican standoff is when two guys in a Western movie point guns at each other and see who shoots first, just FYI.