Secrets in the Healing

Secrets in the Healing Chapter 16

“Are you playing…?” He started saying.
“Sh!” I said, starting to sing along.
“So I got my boots on, got the right ‘mount of leather. And I’m doin’ me up with a black color liner. And I’m workin’ my strut, but I know it don’t matter. All we need in this world is some love.”
I noticed that Tommy was singing along with me. When I started listening to him sing, I heard Adam singing in the background.
“Is Adam there and am I on speakerphone?” I asked, pausing the music.
“Yes and yes.” I heard Adam say.
I turned the music back on, and all 3 of us were singing again. When the music stopped, I typed in Whataya Want From Me.
“By the way…” I said. “Sorry that I suck at singing.”
“You don’t. You’re fine.” Adam and Tommy said at the same time.
“Hey, slow it down. Whataya want from me? Whataya want from me? Yeah, I’m afraid.” I started singing along with the music when I pressed play.
This time, Tommy and Adam got silent. I ignored it and kept singing, all the way until the end.
“Why were you so quiet?” I asked.
“We wanted to hear you sing.” They said at the same time.
I felt my face get hot. I don’t know what to say to that!
“Umm…” I said, trying to find words. “Did the doc say how long I had to stay away from y’all?”
It got quiet.
“Anyways…” I said. “Remember the first time we all met? At the concert?”
I heard Adam laughing.
“Oh shut up Adam.” I said.
Thinking back on it, Tommy did keep asking if he was a jerk.
“Hey Tommy?” I said.
“Yeah?” He answered.
“How long have you loved me?” I asked, feeling my face get hot.
“Why?” He responded.
“Because I remember that when I called Adam a jerk, you kept asking if you were one too. You even got off the stage to stop me from running out.” I said, laughing at everything that has happened since then.
“I remember that too!” I heard Adam shout.
“Then I guess I’ve loved you longer than I thought.” I heard Tommy say after a pause.
“Adam…” I said, remembering something from the concert.
“Yeah?” He said.
“What the HELL were you thinking?!” I screamed , slightly meowing.
“Did you just meow?” They said at the same time.
“Shut up. Adam. What the fucking hell were you thinking?” I said again.
“What do you mean?” He said.
“I meant about making me pissed at you!” I screamed.