Tales Of Twisted Faith

Chapter 1

Jade's POV

"Jade honey! Wake up, you've got twenty minutes before school!" I groaned rolling over. That was my mom. Her name's Mercy, used to be Mercy Tinte, until she married 'Uncle Mikey'. Cue the spine-tingling shiver and cringe. there's nothing wrong with Mikey, no not at all, just imagining calling him uncle is insane. He did, after all, marry my mother. It would be incest!

"Jade come on! Merc doesn't want you to be late again. You've gotta pick up Frankie too." That was Mikey. He lets me call him Mikey too. He's actually my step-father, but he knows I'd rather not call him dad, and he's cool with it.

I quickly rolled out of bed at the thought of Frankie. He's my best friend here in Jersey. My two other best friend, Leslie and Jason, live in Chicago. Right now I'm talking about Frankie though. His full name is Frank Jacob Iero. The son of Franklin Anthony Iero. the funny part is, he's adopted, and his father is a single parent. Frankie and I are practically inseparable. Sometimes I even take him to Chicago with me, just like a teddy bear.

I pulled some nice black clothes from my closet, which was really easy because most of my clothes are black I pulled them on along with my shoes and headed down the stairs. David and Justine were sitting at the table eating ice cream. David is eight and in third grade and Justine is six and in first.

"Davey, what are you eating," I asked bouncing over and sitting down. Davey was my nickname for him. No one else could call him Davey and no one else could call me Green. Green was my nickname from him.

"I'm eating ice cream. Want some Green," He said sweetly slurping some down.

"Nah, no thanks. I'm just going to have some nice warm coffee," I said walking over to the coffee pot. Both David and Justine pulled a face.

"Ew," they squealed.

"No, no it's good, ask Daddy," I said sitting back down next to them.

"Jade Hun, could you help Jus with her shoes? Oh and you forgot your lip ring this morning." Mom walked into our kitchen and looking at my small bar in my lip.

"I know, the school yelled at me last time I wore it. I'll help her."

"It's called 'freedom of expression' Hun. Jus, go get your shoes while Jade gets her ring," Mom said picking Justine up off her chair. That's why my mom is the best. She encourages me to do things that are usually frowned upon.

I ran up our stairs pausing at the bathroom door where I remember taking it out. Pounding on the door I yelled, "Mikey! I need my lip ring out of there. Mom told me to get it." He opened the door standing outside it. "Thank you." I grabbed my lip ring putting it in before brushing my teeth. I quickly headed back downstairs to help Justine with her shoes.

"Thank you Jade," she cooed in her cute little voice.

"No problem Cutie," I said ruffling her hair.

"Jade let's go. You're going to be late and we've gotta pick up Frankie still," Mikey yelled from the door.

"We're coming Mikey, I mean Daddy." I only call him 'Daddy' when the little ones were around. We don't want them calling their dad 'Mikey' do we?

We drove the two blocks to Frankie's house. He jumped into the back seat of our van. "Ha ha you have to sit in the back," I shouted childishly at him. He stuck out his tongue causing Mikey to laugh. "What's so funny?"

"He acts exactly like Frank, they're not even blood related," Mikey said laughing again.

"So Jade when are you getting your own car," Frankie yelled from the back.

"When she gets her license, and is sixteen," Mikey answered for me. I sighed, not like a car was something important to me. We dropped off David and Justine at their elementary school before driving us near the high school. Mikey couldn't get too close to the school for fear of someone recognizing him, but he got close enough.

"Thanks Mikey," I called.

"Yeah thank you," Frankie said politely. We quietly walked into school. This was just the normal hustle of a Monday morning.