Tales Of Twisted Faith

Chapter 16

I draped my eyes in a light coat of dark purple eye shadow. I was wearing my dress with the bats on it. That's right, it's time for my dad and I to go out.

"Jade! You look absolutely stunning," Leslie said bouncing into my room.

"Thanks Les."

"You're really only going out with Dad? You don't have a secret date planned do you?"

"No Les, who would I be going out with? The only guy I know here is Jason. Jason's going out with you."

"Well, you could be going out with that Will guy. Actually, I think he goes to my school. He was one of those hardcore skater types; just like you seem to fall for. Anyway, yeah you could be going out with him," Leslie rambled. I couldn't help but start laughing. It was such a funny thought.

"You think I'd get this dressed up to go on a date? Wait wait I've got a better one. You think I'd go anywhere with will; that's too funny Leslie, seriously." She looked taken a back and I started laughing again. "Sorry-y, it, it was just fu-fun-funny."

"Yeah whatever Jade," Leslie mumbled before speaking louder. "I just thought you'd hang out with him. Meet some guys, go on a date."

"Leslie, you know I couldn't. I'd be leading the poor guy on. I live in Jersey with my mom and Mikey. I wouldn't see him, plus I'm going on tour soon." This shouldn't be hard for her to understand. Maybe she couldn't, I just don't know.

"I'm sorry Jade. I shouldn't have implied it, or thought about it for that matter. I just, I don't know. I guess I just don't think the way you do."

"That would be correct kiddo," I said messing up her hair the way Uncle Gerard used to do to me.

"Don't touch the hair," she growled at me.

"Okay, okay calm down. Creepy much? Anyway I should probably be getting downstairs. I don't know how soon Dad wants to leave." We linked hands and skipped down the stairs where Dad was waiting for me.

"Shall we go," he asked sticking his arm out for me to hang onto.

"Yes we shall."