Tales Of Twisted Faith

Chapter 31

We stopped at another scheduled stop for gas. It was getting late, close to sunset, and I knew we wouldn't be stopping again until late during the night.

"I think we both should be getting back to our own buses for the night," I told Alistair.

"Ja, gute nacht Jade," he said quickly kissing me on the cheek before running off to his bus.

"Two kisses in one night, you're slaying them, Hun."

"Shut up Dad. I need to get on my bus for the night. Goodnight Dad," I said hugging him.

"Goodnight sweetheart. If you need anything call me. I won't be able to stop the buses, but I can call Mikey, okay?"

"Yes Dad, thanks."

"Goodnight," he called.

"Night!" I raced onto our bus, so that I knew for sure that they wouldn't leave without me. "Hey Mikey," I said coming up and hugging my step-father.

"Hey Jade. Everyone retired early, first day of tour is really tiring," he informed me.

"Okay, I think I'll turn in too. Goodnight," I said hugging him again. He returned the saying and we both headed towards our bunks.

I walked into the room, opening my drawers and pulled out sweatpants, quickly pulling them on. I was going to climb into my bed, but someone was in it. "Very Goldilocks and the three bears," I whispered to myself. I climbed up anyways, too tired to care who it was.

"Jade, I'm sorry," I jumped as the voice spoke, almost crying.

"It's okay, go to sleep. Don't even bother moving to your bunk. It's okay," I murmured reassuringly.

"I don't want to bother you though. I'll move; these are too small anyway."

"No, stay here," I said wrapping my arms around them. They did the same and murmured a good night. "Sleep well, Frankie."