Tales Of Twisted Faith

Chapter 33

I stepped off the bus taking a giant breath of fresh air. We had arrived at the venue some point during the night. I finally got the chance to step off the bus, which was beginning to smell dirty and of cigarette smoke. I stood there a few more minutes taking more clean air into my lungs.

"Mikey, can I go explore," I asked from the entrance of the bus.

"Take someone with you and don't get lost," he answered me quickly. He must have been talking to my mom, because usually he thinks out his answers. I know he didn't think about this one because I am one of the most directionally challenged people ever. I get lost in my own grandparent's house, for fucks sake.

"I'll go with you, Jade."

"Thanks Vampire, et me tell Mikey. Mikey," I screamed. "Me and Myriam are going to explore the venue.

"Okay."

"So what do we do to make sure we don't get lost?"

"Want to litter gummy bears? Like in Hazel and Gretal, only not bread," I suggest.

"Okay."

"Number one," I said pulling one from my pocket.

"Where'd you get gummy bears?"

"My pocket," I answer shrugging.

"Oh," she said like that explained everything. Maybe it did and I just didn't know.

"Let's drop the first one when we enter the building," I suggested.

"Sounds good," she answered pushing open the doors. Once I walked through them I dropped the bear.

We walked quietly for a few moments before Myriam broke that silence. "So, you and Frankie..." she trailed off.

"What about us?"

"Are you friends with benefits, or going out, or just fucking with each other's minds," she asked not even stuttering. She said it so simply and bluntly.

"We're just friends, same way as you and I are. Not a big deal, really. Anyway, you and Jason have been getting cozy it seems. You know he has a girlfriend, who happens to be my sister," I said quickly changing the subject.

"Well it seems like you and Frankie have been avoiding us, so naturally we have only each other to hang out with. Besides, I couldn't look at either Frankie or Jason that way, at least not after living with them."

"We're only on day three," I pointed out.

"Exactly," she giggled.

I giggled along with her, dropping some more gummy bears. "What do we do if someone eats these?"

"Who would eat gummy bears off the ground?"

"A lot of people, especially these under fed techies," I said calmly. "Or someone like Frankie would."

"Oh great. So you're saying that someone will come along and eat these and we'll be lost forever," Myriam said very dramatically.

"Exactly, it happened to Hansel and Gretel didn't it?" She nodded and we started laughing, continuing to explore.