Tales Of Twisted Faith

Chapter 37

“I’m really sorry you had to move also, Vampire,” I apologized for the fourteenth time.

“It’s okay; I understand why you had to move. Besides I don’t think I could’ve stayed there without you. You were the only one who would bother to be clean,” she started laughing.

“Is that the only reason you want to be here with me,” I asked pretending to be hurt.

“Yes, basically,” she said laughing again. I began laughing also, even though it really wasn’t that funny.

“Maybe we should get back to putting our stuff away. That way when we’re exhausted after the show we won’t have to put things away,” I suggested. Yes, Myriam and I were moving our stuff into the 30 Seconds to Mars bus. Actually we had just gotten everything on the bus.

“I guess we should. I know I won’t want to later,” she sighed starting to put things away. I slowly followed her lead and started unpacking, for the second time.

“Girls, they need you for sound check. C’mon,” Uncle Shannon said in a bored tone.

“I think that’s the first time I’ve seen you off your couch,” I joked putting down the article of clothing I had in my hand.

“Ha ha, that’s really funny,” he said still in his bored tone.

“Where’s my fun uncle at? You are certainly not him,” I accused, putting my hands on my hips. Uncle Shannon glared at me from his position at the doorway.

“Come on Jade. Let’s get to sound check so that we don’t keep them waiting any longer,” Myriam said gripping my hand and pulling me out the door.

When we were out of the bus I began to speak again. “Vamp, I’m ruining everything.”

“What are you talking about Jade?”

“I think I ruined my friendship with Frankie by pushing him away. I met Alistair and that made Frankie mad. Now Alistair’s all up in arms about a guy from Chicago, who’s barely a friend. I think I made the band and my step father mad. Now Uncle Shannon is upset about something and it has to do with me, I’m sure. Lastly, I made you move also. I ruin everything,” I sighed. I wasn’t even sure if this was making sense. I was just ranting now.

“Jade, none of that is your fault. Frankie and Alistair are idiots; they should realize you’re uncomfortable. Mikey and the guys aren’t mad at you. They know it’s not your fault. I’m not mad about having to move with you; that’s really no big deal. Your uncle isn’t mat at you either, I’m sure. Seriously though, we need to stop having all these heart-to-hearts. Where’s the fun,” Myriam laughed playfully shoving me.

“Thanks. We should find something fun to do,” I agreed as we walked into the building. “We should have a movie marathon!”

“Yeah, we could steal all the movies off the other bus too!”

“Yes,” I shouted high-fiving Myriam.

“What are you two planning?”

“Nothing Jason,” I sang while looking around for the technician who took care of my bass. I found him sitting in a corner tuning it. “Hi. I was wondering if you’re almost done, sound check is really soon.”

“Wait a damn minute,” he said gruffly.

“I’m sorry if this is rude, but why are you always so impolite and mean to me, Jared Leto, Mikey Way, and Frank Iero?”

“I don’t feel the need to tell you,” he said continuing to tune my bass.

“I do. You should probably tell me. I could report you for your continuing rudeness,” I mused sitting in front of him.

“Fine, whatever; I’m Charlie,” he said finally looking at me.

“I’m Jade-Lynne,” I said slowly.

“I know. I’m from New Jersey also; same town and everything.”

“What,” I asked looking at him with wide-eyes.

“Yes, I knew your mom in high school, Mercy Tinte. I know who you are, Hun. Jared’s your father; Mikey’s your step-dad. You want to know why I’m so impolite to Way and Iero. They don’t remember me. Your father, well he was with your mom; that makes me bitter. That’s right you’re shocked. Here’s your damn bass, Sweetheart,” he sneered shoving my bass into my hands and then stomping off.

“Well that was shocking, to say the least,” a voice said from behind me.

“Frankie what are you doing,” I asked not even turning around.

“Coming to get you, we need to start.”

“Alright.”