Tales Of Twisted Faith

Chapter 38

After sound check was over I decided just to sit outside. I grabbed my laptop and took it outside to sit under a tree. I opened it logging into my email.

“You’ve got mail!”

“You tell me this all the time, motherfucker. Get me to the mail already,” I grumbled under my breath. There was a message from my mom and many from Leslie, I really should reply to those. I opened the one from my mom to read.

‘Jade-Lynne,

‘I’m glad that being on stage doesn’t scare you. I’m so happy that you get so much joy out of it. Congrats on making a new friend, even if you don’t know what he’s saying.

‘Jade, I’m very disappointed. How can you take two boys fighting over you lightly? It’s a big deal. I’m not going to launch into one of those “when-I-was-an-incredibly-hot-teenager-two-amazing-boys-fought-over-me” stories. Frankly those seem to be very annoying. However it did happen. It wasn’t a fist fight between them, but maybe you know who they are, (coughFrankIeroandMikeyWayandthisotherfriendCharlie’Charcoal’andIdon’trecallhislastnamecough), excuse me. Just don’t take it lightly, Sweetheart.

‘We all miss you too. Please call soon so the kids can hear from you. I’m glad Mikey, Jared, (and Frankie) are taking care of you. Be good.

‘I love you, Hun.

‘-Mom’

Wow my mom is so amazing. I decided that I might as well call now before I forget. I pulled out my cell phone and dialed the house. As it rang I could hear someone come up beside me.

“Who are you calling,” Frankie asked sitting next to me.

“My mom,” I said shortly.

“Can I borrow your laptop while you’re speaking to her?” I nodded and he picked the small computer up off my lap.

“Hello?”

“Davey?”

“This is the Way house, who’s calling,” the child asked. He knew not to let anyone know who they were speaking to unless he knew them.

“It’s Green,” I said simply.

“Green,” he squealed. “I miss you so much!”

“I miss you too Davey. Is mom there?”

“Yes. Mommy! Jadey is on the phone,” David screamed loudly causing me to cringe.

“Everything okay,” Frankie asked looking straight at me. I nodded hearing my mom approach the phone.

“Hello?”

“Mom!”

“Jade, Honey, how are you? We miss you so much. How are things going? Anything exciting happening,” Mom rambled excitedly.

“Calm down Mom. I don’t have a lot of time. We haven’t played yet. The concert hasn’t started yet. It will though really soon. I miss you though, Mom.”

“The kids want to talk to you,” Mom informed me.

“Put ‘em on then,” I said beginning to grin.

“Hi Jadey!”

“Hey Justine. What have you been up to?”

“Nothing, just the same stuff. Have you met any new people?”

“Yes I have. He’s really nice and talks in a funny language sometimes.”

“Can I talk to him,” she asked in a cute innocent voice.

“I don’t know where he’s at right now. Next time I call I will have him talk to you,” I said hoping I wasn’t making her upset.

“Okay! Can I talk to Frankie? I miss him too.”

“Sure, hang on a minute,” I said to her. “Frankie, Justine wants to talk to you.”

“Okay,” he said taking the phone from me. “Hey Baby.” I grinned at the nickname. Frankie has been calling Justine that since she was very little. “Yes, I really like shows, almost as much as your sister.” I smiled wider; gosh Frankie was so modest. “Yes, I will. Okay I promise I will,” Frankie said laughing. “Yeah I do, a lot. Okay let your brother talk to Jade now. Bye Baby,” Frankie said before handing the phone back to me.

“Hey.”

“Green, do you miss me,” David’s little voice asked through the phone.

“I miss you tons Davey. Way more than you think.” David started giggling which slightly confused me.

“What are you laughing at Davey?”

“You said ‘way’,” he said giggling loudly.

“Okay. Hun, can I talk to Mommy?”

“Yes, bye!”

“Bye Davey,” I said quietly.

“Jade?”

“Yes Mom?”

“Was there something you needed? David said you wanted to talk to me,” my mom said over the line.

“I just miss you is all. I’m going to hang out with Frankie a few minutes before we start warming up. Bye Mom.”

“Good-bye Jade-Lynne.” I hung up, looking at the ground. “So what were you talking to Justine about?”

“Nothing in particular,” he said smiling.

“Please tell me?”

“You’ll know when you know,” Frankie said grinning like an idiot. “Come on lets go eat lots of candy so we’re hyper for the show.”

“Fine,” I sighed as Frankie pulled me up off the ground. I could take this candy session as a time to steal all their DVD’s. I grabbed my things and followed Frankie to their bus.