Tales Of Twisted Faith

Chapter 39

“Hello Springfield! How are you tonight?” The crowd screamed loudly. “I should introduce myself. I’m Jade-Lynne. Now, I should let you know that I’m just the bassist.” A few screams erupted. “Hell yeah, if you play bass scream it out!” There were a few screams, not many. I looked over to see Mikey screaming. “So yeah, let’s pass this microphone over to our singer and get this started!”

“Hey guys,” Frankie began after the screaming died down. “I’m Frankie—“

“Hi Frankie,” a few girls screamed.

“You’re sexy,” came from the right side of the crowd.

“Look Jade! I have fan girls now; ha you’re not the only one with fans after your body.” I blushed, sticking out my tongue. The few people up front who could see this laughed. “That’s right Jade. Anyway, our amazing drummer back there is Vampire and our guitarist is Jason.” The crowd cheered.

“Oh so only a few people cheer for me and the bass, but everyone loves the well known interments,” I grumble under my breath. I said it quietly so that no one would hear.

“Let’s get started. Our first song is one of my favorites!

“I’m just the pieces of the man I used to be. Too many bitter tears are raining down on me. I’m far away from home and I’ve been facing this alone for much too long. Oh,” Frankie began. “I feel like no one ever told the truth to me, about growing up and what a struggle it would be. In my tangled state of mind, I’ve been looking back to find where I went wrong.”

“Too much love will kill you if you can’t make up your mind; torn between the lover and the love you leave behind,” I began singing with him. I was only able to harmonize in the chorus. “You’re headed for disaster ‘cause you never red the signs. Too much love will kill you every time.”

“I’m just the shadow of the man I used to be. And it seems like there’s no way out of this one. I used to bring you sunshine, now all I ever do is bring you down. Oh,” Frankie sung sorrowfully. “How would it be if you were standing in my shoes? Can’t you see that it’s impossible to choose? Oh there’s no making sense of it, everywhere I go I’m bound to loose. Oh.”

“Too much love will kill you, just as sure as none at all. It will drain the power that’s in you, make you plead and scream and crawl. The pain will make you crazy you’re the victim of your crime. Oh too much love will kill you every time,” Frankie let me sing the last line by myself. Jason then began the long guitar solo. He played every note the correct way.

“Yeah too much love will kill you. It will make your life a lie. Too much love will kill you and you won’t understand why. You’d give your life, you’d sell your soul, but here it comes again. Too much love will kill you, in the end. Oh, in the end.” We finished the song and the crowd cheered.

I knew why this was Frankie’s favorite song. It had a very deep meaning for him. Frankie was adopted by Frank and his wife, Anastasia, shortly after his ninth birthday. The year after Ivy was born Anastasia died. She actually died three days after Frankie’s birthday. Frank used to play that song constantly after the death of his wife. Since they didn’t know why, and still don’t know, she died, Frank said too much love killed her.

“So what do you guys think about us playing a song we wrote ourselves,” I said into the microphone. Frankie was taking deep breaths to make sure he didn’t start crying. Most of the crowd cheered.

“Actually these songs were written by our dear Jade,” Frankie said into his microphone. I got a few cheers. “She’s just modest. So let’s get going.

“I’m not like everyone else, and you know it. So why do you assume? Baby it’s true, I am me and you are you. So why fight? You know its right. You think I’m like them, but honey I’m not. I never could be, but you can’t see. ‘Cause you’re just another close.”

“We can’t hide, from what we are inside. So why do you try? Should we cry over lost thoughts? Ones that never happened, ones that never could,” I sang.

“You think I’m like them, but honey I’m not. I never could be, but you can’t see. ‘Cause you’re just another clone. I used to think you were something more, but sweetie I learned you’re nothing but a whore. It’s hard to say and worse to feel, I thought you were real. That you thought and you could feel, but really you were just a lifeless corpse, puppets letting others pull your strings and control your life. You think I’m like them, but honey I’m not. I never could be, but you can’t see. ‘Cause you’re just another clone.”

“Why should I care,” Jason screamed heavily into his microphone.

“You think I’m like them, but honey I’m not. Never could be, but you can’t see. ‘Cause you’re just another clone.”

“Just another goddamn clone,” Jason screamed finishing the song. The crowd cheered, obviously impressed by a song with screaming.

“Dreams of you that can never come true, even the best of us have to separate. I miss you so much, but there’s nothing I can do. Miss you with all my heart; love you with all my soul. Can’t think without you here; you’re all I ever had. Making me wish I never knew you, just because then it wouldn’t hurt. No one to fall back on, because you’re gone.”

“Missing you will all my heart, love you with all my soul. Can’t think without you here, you’re all I ever had,” I sung solemnly.

“What have I done? What have I done,” was screamed loudly.

“Miss you with all my heart; love you with all my soul. Can’t think without you here, you’re all I ever had.”

“Tears fall down my face. Thoughts of you I can’t erase. Miss you more than anyone can. I guess I shouldn’t have-“

“Shouldn’t have-”

“-Shouldn’t have got so attached.” The crowd cheered happily causing me to grin madly.

“So how about one more song,” Jason said into Frankie’s microphone. “We’re going to play a song that I like for once. We’re going to be playing Makedamnsure!”

“You’ve got this new head filled up with smoke. I’ve got my veins all tangled close to the jukebox bars you frequent, the safest place to hide. A long night spent with your most obvious weakness, you start shaking at the though. You are everything I want, ‘cause you are everything I’m not. And we lay, we lay together just not too close, too close.”

“How close is close enough,” I sung after Frankie.

“We lay we lay together just not too close too close. I just wanna break you down so badly, well I trip over everything you say. I just wanna break you down so badly in the worst way. My inarticulate store bought hangover hobby kit. It talks, it says,”

“You, oh you are so cool. Scissor shaped across the bed, you are red violent red.”

“You hollow out my hungry eyes, you hollow out my hungry eyes. And we lay, we lay together just not too close, too close.”

“How close is close enough?”

“We lay, we lay together just not too close, too close. I just wanna break you down so badly, well I trip over everything you say. I just wanna break you down so badly, in the worst way. I just wanna break you down so badly, well I trip over everything you say. I just wanna break you down so badly in the worst way.”

“Worst way,” I echoed.

We suddenly played quietly.

“I’m gonna make damn sure that you can’t ever leave. No, you won’t ever get too far from me; you won’t ever get to far from me. I’ll make damn sure that you can’t ever leave. No, you won’t ever get too far from me. You won’t ever get too far from me; you won’t ever get too far from me.”

“Ever get too far,” Jason screamed quietly.

“You won’t ever get too far… I just wanna break you down so badly. Well I trip over everything you say. Well I just wanna break you down so badly, in the worst way.”

“Worst way.”

“I’m gonna make damn sure. I just wanna break you down so badly. I just wanna make you down so badly.”

“Damn sure,” I sung quietly.

“In the worst way.”

“Worst way,” I sung before the song quietly ended.

“Thank you guys! Have a great rest of the show,” Frankie screamed and we waked off the stage.

“Way to go!”

“Thanks Mikey. Good luck guys,” I called to them as we passed. “Shower!”

“No way, I’m before you,” Jason said.

“Hello, my name is not Way, thank you very much. It’s Leto, so yeah. I’m still getting a shower first,” I fought with him.

“Sorry to tell you, but Myriam just went in there.”

“Thanks for telling us now Frankie. Oh well, I guess I’ll just get one later on the bus,” I sighed. “I’m going to go do something.”

“I’ll come with you Jade,” Frankie said walking up next to me. I nodded and we walked out of the dressing room. I quickly headed to the merch area hoping to apologize to Alistair.

“Hey Bud,” I said slipping into the chair next to Alistair.

“Is there something you need Jade?”

“I’m sorry,” I blurted uncontrollably.

“What do you have to be sorry for,” Alistair asked looking up at me.

“I’m not sure, I’m just sorry.”

“There’s nothing for you to be sorry for. So stop apologizing, I should be,” he said tiredly.

“Well I forgive you,” I said calmly.

“I didn’t ask for your forgiveness. Don’t give it to me, I don’t deserve it.”

“I still forgive you.”

“I don’t accept.”

“Fucking hell! Get your head out of your ass Alistair! If Jade’s going to forgive you, accept it and be happy. She’s not always forgiving so just let her. If she forgives you, be happy she hasn’t given up on you. Just get your fucking head out of your damn ass,” Frankie screamed before walking away.

“Listen to him Al; just think about what he said. I’ll be back soon,” I said before following Frankie. “Frankie! Wait up!”

“Jade, if you want to ask about what just happened, don’t. I’m not ready to speak about it yet,” Frankie said looking back at me. This was sort of shocking. Frankie never had to wait to tell me something.

“Oh okay. So do you just want to go watch the show?”

“Yeah. Thanks.”