Tales Of Twisted Faith

Chapter 50

"What are you doing Frankie?"

"Jumping on you."

"Well could you stop? It's kind of making me sick," I commented to the poor boy sitting on the couch.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Frankie said as he stopped bouncing on the couch. He leaned over and hugged me tightly.

"It's okay, just please don't do it again. I'd rather not puke on you," I confessed.

"I'm with you on that one," he said lying down next to me. I nodded slowly. "You don't have a head ache do you? Do you need something? Can I help in any way?"

"No Frankie, just chill out," I said closing my eyes.

"If you need something tell me."

"I don't, but thank you Frankie."

"No problem Jade," he said wrapping his arms around me. "Go to sleep Hun."

I must've fallen asleep because the next thing I knew I was in my bunk.

"What am I doing here?"

"I moved you. It was getting too loud and I was afraid you'd wake up. You look better; how do you feel?"

"Frankie, you didn't have to. I feel much better too, thank you."

"You're welcome. It was really no big deal. I'd do anything for you Jade-Lynne."

"Anything," I asked him disbelievingly.

"Yes, anything. Jade, if you told me it would make you happy if I jumped off a bridge, I'd ask which one. If me committing suicide or killing my whole family would amuse you, I would do it for you."

"I'd never ask for you to do those things," I said logically.

"No, but if you would, by some strange stretch of imagination, I would do it for you," he said pressing his face into my hair.

"I'm not worth that," I said turning my head to look at him.

"You are to me."

"Why?"

"Why are you important to me?" I nodded my reply. "You are important to me, Jade, because I love you. I love you so much it hurts. I just love you more than I can say."

"I can't return the feelings. I'm sorry," I said in a slightly awkward manner.

"I know."

"I'm sorry."

"I know. One day you'll come around. I'll be there waiting."

"Don't wait forever," I sighed.

"Then don't take too long," he said stroking my hair. "I love you."

"I know."

"That's all I care about; as long as you know."