Status: Active

Sam Winchester's Responsibility

Chapter 1

Sam Winchester layed in the bed of one of the many motels him, his father, and his brother stayed in. They were always on the road and never had a permanent place they stayed at. Even though Sam dreamed of having a permanent home, it wasn't going to happen. Not anytime soon anyways.

The line of work his father was in was not a normal one in the least bit. His father hunted the supernatural. Things people thought only existed in their nightmares. When Sam's mother was killed by a demon with yellow eyes, his dad started hunting demons and anything else harming people. Most of all, he wanted revenge. Sam and his brother, Dean, hunted with their father. It wasn't really an option.

Sam stood from the bed and looked at his seventeen year old self in the mirror. His brown hair was in quite a mess because he had just woken up and his brown eyes still looked worn from not getting enough sleep.

He sighed as he looked away from the mirror and to his father and brother who were still sleeping.

How was he going to tell them the news he had found out the night before? There was no way of sugar coating it.

Seventeen year old Sam Winchester, responsible and smart Sam Winchester, was going to be a dad. A dad. How could he be so irresponsible?

They had spent a while in the town they were in hunting different things that were terrorizing innocent people. Sam had spent some time with a local girl even though he knew better not to. He couldn't help himself. He went to school with her and it was like love at first sight. He knew it sounded corny, but it was the way he felt.

They had only had sex once, one time, and she got pregnant.

"Sam, we need to talk," Jessica said while sitting beside Sam on the park bench.

Sam looked over at her worried. "What is it, Jess?"

"I don't know how to tell you," she said not making eye contact with him. She couldn't look him in the eyes. She was too afraid to.

"Tell me what?" Sam asked curiously.

She turned towards him with her head down and avoided to make eye contact with him. "Sam, I'm...I'm..."

Sam looked at her waiting for her to tell him what was making her so nervous and scared looking. He held her hand tighter. "You can tell me, Jess. Don't be afraid."

His gentle voice and warm touch calmed her down a bit. She lifted her head and looked him in the eyes. "Sam, I'm pregnant."

Sam's eyes went wide and his mouth hung open a bit. Did he just hear what he thought he heard? Jessica was pregnant? Pregnant? How did that happen? Well, he knew how it happened, but to them?

"Sam, say something," Jessica said starting to feel worried.

Sam finally blinked after a few moments and tried to form words with his mouth. "Pregnant?"

She nodded and hung her head down low in shame. "I'm so sorry, Sam." She began to cry and it broke Sam's heart to see her that way.

He lifted her chin up so he could look her in the face. "Look at me, Jess. This is not your fault. Don't blame yourself."

She loved the way he was always so compassionate and caring. "What are we going to do?"

"Whatever you want to do. I'll be behind you and support the decsion you make. You're not alone," he said as he pulled her into a hug.


Sam and Jessica talked it through and came to the decision that they would keep and raise the baby together. They may have been young, but they both loved each other and couldn't bring themselves to do any of the other options. They were scared, but excited at the same time. There was one problem Sam had, though. What was going to happen when he told his dad and Dean that he was quitting hunting to be a father?

"Good morning, Sammy," Dean said as he sat across the little table from his brother.

Sam was jolted out of the many thoughts in his head. "Huh? Oh, good morning."

Dean scanned his brother over and noticed that he looked tired and weary. "What's going on?"

Sam looked at his brother and gave him a small smile. "What do you mean?"

"I mean you look like you've had a rough night, dude," Dean said.

Sam sighed and leaned back farther in his chair. He wasn't ready to tell his brother just yet. "Just couldn't sleep real well. Those beds aren't the most comfortable things in the world."

Dean nodded and yawned. "I'd have to agree to that. You not have school today?"

Sam shook his head. "No, they're having a parent teacher conference."

"Well, I don't know about you, but I'm hungry," Dean said getting up and stretching. "Wanna go down to the diner with me and get something to eat?"

"I'm not really hungry right now," Sam said.

"Shoot yourself," Dean said getting up and going to the bathroom to take a shower.

Sam still didn't know when or how he would tell them the news.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you all like it. I've had this idea for a while now. I'm not sure if this will be a short story or not. I may also change the title of the story. Comment please :).