Status: Active

Sam Winchester's Responsibility

Chapter 2

A couple of days later, Sam came back to the motel room to find Dean and his father packing their duffel's. He looked at both of them curiously.

"What's going on?" Sam asked as he closed the door behind him.

"Everything seems fine here now so we're moving on," his father said as he looked up from his packing. "There's a gig in another town we're going to check out."

Sam let everything his father had said process in his mind. Leaving? He knew it would happen one day soon, but he wasn't ready to tell them yet. He knew, at that moment, he needed to suck it up and tell them. He wasn't going with them. He was staying in this town with Jess. They had both told her mom and, though she wasn't too happy, agreed it was best they kept and raised the baby. She didn't like the idea of aborting the baby and she couldn't bear the thought of her grandchild being put up for adoption. She was allowing Sam to stay with them.

"Come on, Sam," Dean said, looking at him. "Get a move on. We want to make it their by morning."

"I'm not going," Sam said, quietly.

Dean and his father stopped packing and looked at Sam.

"What did you say?" his father said.

"I-I said I'm not going," he said a bit louder.

John looked at him as if he had two heads. Sam had never acted like this. Though he hated hunting, anytime his father said they were leaving a town, he left.

"Sam, this is no time to play around," John said, getting a little angry. "You are going with us and that's an order."

"No, I'm not, sir."

If John wasn't mad before, he sure was now. The boys knew better than to under mind his authority. When he said to do something, he meant for them to do it. There were punishments if they didn't.

"You had better grab that duffel and start putting your stuff in it right now!" John demanded.
"I will, but I'm not going with you and Dean," Sam said.

"Yes, you are," he said. "I don't know what's gotten into you, but you had better figure it out quick."

"I have other responsibilities here."

"What are you talking about?" John asked. "You have a responsibility with us! You have a responsibility with everyone in the world you will save! Now stop this nonsense!"

"I met a girl here," Sam said, ignoring his father. "A really nice girl. Her name is Jess and we love each other."

"Sam, are you crazy?!" Dean finally spoke. "You know better!"

"Yeah, well it just kind of happened. I didn't mean to fall in love with her, but it happened. I'm not sorry for it either. I know it was one of the rules, but I disobeyed it."

"I don't care if you are in love with this girl or not!" John yelled. "We're leaving!"

"She's pregnant," Sam said.

John and Dean both went wide eyed as they stared at Sam, who had somehow gained some confidence.

"She's what?" Dean asked.

"She's pregnant with my child."

"How do you even know it's yours, Sam?" Dean asked, honestly.

Sam felt himself get mad at his brother's question. He could not believe he would accuse Jess of such a thing. He may not have known her, but he had no right to ask something like that.

"Her and I were both virgins," Sam said, trying to keep his temper down. "She's not some whore you know. She's the girl I love. The mother of my soon to be child."

"I cannot believe you would do something so stupid!" John said, coming closer to his son. "How could you do something so idiotic?!"

"It wasn't like we had planned it! It happened and now I am taking responsibility for it! I am leaving the family business and starting my own life finally! Something I've wanted to do for a long time! If you both don't support me then fine! I have my own family now!"

After Sam stopped his rant, he tried catching his breath. He had never talked to them like that before. It almost felt good to him.

John turned around and walked to his duffel, zipping and picking it up. He made his way to the door, but he stopped once he got to Sam.

"If you leave, don't even think about coming back into this family," he said, not even looking at him. "Come on, Dean."

Dean picked up his own duffel and glanced at his baby brother. He saw him differently now. He wasn't his baby brother anymore. He was older now and it took this for him to realize it. He walked slowly to the door, but turned to look at Sam. Sam looked back at him with his puppy dog eyes, but it didn't affect Dean anymore like it used to. He walked out the door and didn't even look back.

Sam let out the breath he didn't even know he was holding as he heard their car doors shut and the engine start up. The wheels squealed as they tore out of the parking lot as fast as they could. He wanted them both to support him, but he guessed he should have known better. John only cared about hunting and Dean always followed their father's orders like a good little soldier.

Though he had lost his family, he had new one now and he couldn't be happier.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope all of you like it. I know it has been forever since I have updated. Thank you to everyone who has read, subscribed, and/or commented. I really appreciate it :). Please comment and let me know what you think.