You're like an Atomic Bomb Baby, Tick Tock

SING

We didn't get far before night fell on us and Gerard had made the conscious decision to pull over for the night. We were in the middle of the desert somewhere, out of BL territory. Frank and Ray had been in charge of building a fire while Bryce and Gerard went to go scout for food. I stayed back, Mikey sticking with me, probably not trusting me to be with the car by myself.

I was currently sitting against the car, my back pressing against the tire, staring up at the darkening sky. Mikey we going in the trunk of the car and pulling out a few things, I didn't really pay attention to what he was doing, nor did I care, I was to trapped in my thoughts.

“I think I'm going to go for a walk,” I said pushing myself up from the dirt. I could feel Mikey's eyes on me, so when I turned to look at him he nodded.

He didn't stop me and I started off on my journey. I was thinking about Korse. What if I never got him? What if Kaylee never got the justice she deserved....What if Bryce died? What if the killjoys died...? What if I died...

Perhaps that what I was after, death. I didn't stand a chance against Korse's army, not in a million years, but I've come so close...so many times. When I was far enough away, I sat down in the sand and just began to cry...it had been far to long since I had done that. Far to long since I had time to myself even.

That moment, options began to run through my head, if I was going to die, I shouldn't bring these others people in with me. So I decided once a few hours passed I would return to camp and once everyone was asleep, I'd steal the keys from Gerard and take the car. It was a simple process, something I had done before...only last time it was to Bryce.

When I returned to camp there was a fire going and Bryce was already asleep. The other four though were sitting around staring at the flames.

“Good to see you didn't die from heat exhaustion. We saved you some...” Ray said, his voice kind as he nodded towards the food. I smiled softly at him, going over and grabbing the plate.

“I'm sorry...” I said it for many reasons, the first was for being so rude to them before...the second reason was because I was about to leave them in the middle of the desert with nothing in a few hours.

“For what?” Frank pipped in, confused. I nodded my head towards Mikey, his lip was swollen a bit from when I punched him.

“For...attacking you guys,” I said simply, they all seemed to chuckle at this, except Mikey, he didn't really seem like the type of person to laugh or smile.

“I would have done the same thing, so don't worry about it. I'll give you credit though, you have balls. Taking on four killjoys at once.” I chuckled at Frank's statement, staring into the dancing flames.

We were silent after that, except for the few things they said to each other. Eventually everyone started to fall asleep and I sat there for a while, not sure whether or not I should do this. After a minute of thinking it over, I stood over, creeping to Gerard's sleeping body.

I keeled beside him, pulling his jacket open a bit. I saw him put the keys on the inside pocket of his jacket earlier, he stirred a bit but I easily pulled the keys from him. When I was sure I hadn't woke him, I stood up.

“What are you doing?” I heard Bryce's voice and some shuffling. I turned to look at him and gave him a sad smile. I whirled around and started walking towards the car.

“Hey, Macy you can't do this!” Bryce said a little to loudly, jumping up and running after me. I felt him grab my arm but I quickly drew my gun, turning around to face him and pressing it to his neck. I could see Mikey slowly sitting up in the background but turned my attention back to Bryce.

“Get back.” I hissed at Bryce, “I'm not afraid to shoot.”

“Than shoot me Macy,” Bryce challenged, “the last time I let you go Kaylee died. Or are you forgetting that part?” I hissed at the memory. My gun pressing deeper into his neck.

“No one else is going to die this time because of me,” I growled, “I'm killing Korse on my own.”

“You can't do it by yourself and you know it...”

“THAN AT LEAST I DIED TRYING!” I screamed pushing him off and spirited to the car. Everyone was waking up now, hearing my scream. I was just about to get there when I was tackled to the ground, my gun knocked from my hand. The person on top of me gripped my hands, nailing them above my head, straddling my waste.

“Grab rope.” I looked up to see Mikey was the one on top of me, glaring down at me.

I tried to break free, but Mikey was a lot stronger than me. Eventually both Bryce and I ended up bond up by rope. Fucking.Killjoys.

Mikey moved us over to the fire, I struggled against my bonds but the four boys were staring at us intently.

“Alright, enough with the games, I want the truth.” Gerard growled, “who are you?”

“It's none of your business,” I hissed, jerking against my hand binds.

Mikey pulled out his gun and stalked towards us. Pressing it against Bryce's head. “Talk.” He said simply, his voice venom. Bryce was obviously panicking, he was going to talk, whether I tried to shut him up or not.

“He didn't do anything wrong. Let him go.” I hissed, my eyes darkening in anger. Bryce and I both knew I would never hurt him....but I didn't know about these killjoys, they might kill him.

“Not until we get answers. Now, who are you?”

“Don't tell them Bryce,” I growled, this seemed to piss Frank off and he quickly gagged me with his bandanna. I attempted to protest though it, but quickly gave up.

“Talk.” Mikey cocked his gun and I could see the fear in Bryce's eyes flicker.

“What do you want to know?” He said in a frantic voice.

“Who do you work for? Why are you after Korse? I want to know everything.” Gerard said simply.

“Okay, okay. I'll tell you.” Bryce said in a panic, “just take the gun away...” Mikey pulled the gun away and put it's back in its holder. Bryce gave me a quick look before going to explain.

“We used to be killjoys. We were some of the best. We got a transmission from Dr. Death about 2 years ago, explaining that they had located the base in which Korse was hiding out and we were his goto team, so he had asked us to infiltrate it and take out Korse. So we packed up and headed out. There was four of us, myself, Macy, Kaylee and Matt. We decided to stop for the night, figuring by the next day we would be able to get there. Macy and Kaycee were always the strongest out of the four of us, they were worried that if the four of us went, Matt and I would die. So they made the decision while we were sleeping to take the car and get rid of Korse themselves. Unfortunately, when they had broke in, Kaylee was killed and Macy captured. I don't know how Macy broke out but she did. They wanted to use her for information but she never gave any. They tortured her, threatened to kill her, threatened to kill us, nothing work. They had already taken the most important thing from her....her daughter.” I bit my lip, holding back tears, the image of Kaylee's dead body flashing in my eyes. I began to thrash more, needing to escape, anything, but I couldn't break the binds.

“Macy ran away and plottered her revenge. It was about 6 months ago when I found her again, I thought she was dead....” Bryce looked at me, sadness in his eyes. “she left the killjoys when Kaylee died...and when I found out she was no longer apart of them...I left too and joined her. So that's how we ended up here....so please understand, she has the best intention, we don't want trouble...” I looked up to see Mikey was staring at me, all of them were staring at me with sad eyes.

“How old was she?” I finally able to get my gag out when Gerard asked this. “She was sixteen,” I said softly, “you got your story, now let me go,” I said weakly, my head dropped, my eyes staring at the sand as I tried to fight back tears.

“Why did you try to take the car?” Frank asked, I bit back the urge to explode.

“Because....enough have died because of me. I'm going after Korse by myself.”

“Than we shouldn't let you go. You'll just try to leave again.” Frank said in a matter of fact tone, going over to Bryce and undoing his binds. I glared at Frank.

“Fine, don't untie me, but I promise you'll regret this. I will break free and when I do, I will kill you. I told you to not get in my way.” Frank shrugged his shoulders, not really caring about my threats when I tied up.

Eventually everyone seemed to calm down, Bryce was occasionally looking at me from his spot, he was a coward, he wouldn't try to untie me. Frank and Ray were slowly falling sleep, Gerard was exchanging a few words with Mikey and Bryce every now again before he went to bed. Eventually it was just Mikey and I awake. Mikey was poking at the fire with a stick, I was watching the stick protrude and cause embers to flow through the air, but I didn't look at him, nor did he look at me.

“She wasn't my biological daughter....” I spoke finally, wanted to break the silence, I was never a fan of the quiet, it made me uncomfortable, “I found her after the disaster...when I went to help look for survivors. Her parents had been killed, she was alone...she was so scared....I promised I would always protect her.” I could feel Mikey's eyes on me as I spoke but I didn't look up to meet his eyes. “I lied to her,” I felt the salty tears start to slip down my face, my head dropping completely so Mikey wouldn't see. My hair hung in my face, “I don't understand, why didn't he kill me?” I heard some shuffling but didn't lift my head up, suddenly I felt Mikey's hands lightly brushing my wrist, I felt a tug and a scrapping feeling from a blade. Just like that my hands were freed. I pulled them in front of me and rubbed the soreness from my wrists, still not looking at Mikey. He slipped in front of me and cut the ropes on my feet as well.

“Thank you,” I finally looked up to meet Mikey's eyes, he looked up at me with sad eyes.

“Tell me about her....” I looked at Mikey from the corner of my eye before returning them straight ahead to the fire.

“She was strong. A lot stronger than I ever was. She started out really distant from myself and Bryce, but after awhile, it was like she had decided I was her new mom. She had even began to call me mom after awhile....and she was like a daughter to me...no, not like, she was. She was caring and she worried about us all the time. It was her idea that we go after Korse ourselves. I thought about saying no, but I didn't....and I should have. I should have listened to my gut.”

“You can't blame yourself forever...” Mikey spoke, I smiled as I stared out into the flames.

“I don't plan too....I be dead long before forever....and so will Korse....” I felt an arm wrap around my waste and I looked up at Mikey. He wasn't looking at me, but he suddenly tugged me closer to him, I didn't try to push myself away, instead I accepted it. I liked the feeling of being comforted. I rested my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes.

“Thank you....” I whispered into the night, I felt his arm tighten around me but we didn't say anything after that. We just let ourselves slip into darkness.