Status: Finished :)

Things Will Never Be the Same

Slumber Party

I woke up to the sun shining on my face, and clothes sticking to me I felt really gross. I walked to the bathroom stripped down and had a hot shower. I walked downstairs in my towel and threw my clothes and Jacob’s sweater to wash. I walked into the kitchen to have some cereal.

“Sweetheart, I’m sorry I’ll be gone for about a week.” I sighed crumpling the note up and throwing it away. Once I poured my milk I went and got dressed. I threw on a white v neck and some dark jean shorts. I sat at the table by myself in the quiet.

“I can’t take this.” I grumbled and went for a drive. I ended up in Forks so I decided to look around, I did need a new pair of walking shoes. It was weird how weather could change between areas, it was cloudy when I got to Forks.

“Can I help you? You look new?” A blonde boy probably a year older than me asked. I backed away from him a bit.

“Do you have walking shoes?” I asked quietly.

“Oh yeah, right over here.” He started leading me down an aisle.

“I’m Mike.”

“Uh, Si-Sierra.” I smiled nervously glancing out the window as he continued talking. I saw a woman who looked exactly like my mother, she had the same hair and I saw a twinkle on her wrist; my mom always wore a bracelet with my mine and my brother’s names on it.

“Sierra you okay?” I shook my head turning to Mike.

“Uh yeah, I’ll comeback some other time.” I walked out and tried to look for the woman but she was gone. I shrugged and went to the grocery store. I bought some chips and dip with some pop for my exciting night in.

“That’s it?” I smiled and the lady told me the amount. I paid and quickly drove home.

“She wouldn’t know where we are, she couldn’t. Why would she care anyways, she lost the privilege when she decided alcohol was more important. What if it was though? Maybe she changed.” I was rambling to myself, I shook my head trying to shake the thoughts away. Something flashed in front of me and I slammed on the breaks. There staring at me was the figure I’d seen earlier, I am now convinced it was my mom. I was about to roll my window down when she was gone.

“Please tell me you’re at home.” I called Dan, I’m sure my voice was shaking.

“Yeah, why?” I didn’t reply I hung up and drove as fast as I could to his house. I unbuckled my seat belt and ran in.

“You scared me you could have said by- What’s wrong you’re really pale.” I didn’t know what to say.

“I- I think I saw my mom.” His jaw dropped. He pulled a shirt and hoodie on and we went for a walk before we started talking about it. We were sitting on one of the cliffs above the ocean.

“I was in Forks in that sporting goods store, I was gonna get some new walking shoes and that’s when I saw her. Well I at the time I thought it was here. She had my black hair, just style differently and she had the bracelet. Then when I was coming back I was just rambling and something flashed so I slammed on the breaks. Then I looked up and she was there, it was really her. I was going to call her name but she was gone just as fast. I’m so, I don’t even know what to feel. I’m scared she’s gonna try and take me away or something. She’ll ruin everything and I don’t want that. What if she wan-”

“What did her skin look like?” Dan cut me off mumbling to himself.

“I- uh... I think it was pale. Why?” He didn’t say anything he just pulled my arm up and started dragging me away.

Jacob’s Point Of View

“Sam I don’t see why I can’t tell her. I am going to have to sometime.” I was asking Sam if I could tell Sierra about us, it was only right. He was about to reply when his front door slammed in.

“We have a problem.” Dan growled lowly dragging a confused Sierra in behind him.

“Tell them what you told me.” She looked at him.

“Wha-”

“Sierra just do it.” He looked, well practically pleaded with his eyes. Was something really that wrong? Sam and I turned to her waiting. I stared at her, she looked a bit more pale then yesterday. I hope she wasn’t catching a cold. She sat down and looked at the table then looked up.

“I was in Forks in that sporting goods store, I was gonna get some new walking shoes and that’s when I saw her. Well I at the time I thought it was here. She had my black hair, just style differently and she had the bracelet. Then when I was coming back I was just rambling and something flashed so I slammed on the breaks. Then I looked up and she was there, it was really her. I was going to call her name but she was gone just as fast. She hasn’t had contact with me or my dad in well over 13 years, it should have been virtually impossible to find us.” My fist clenched in my lap, now I know why Dan was angry. Her mom was a vampire and was looking for her. I looked between Sam and Dan, I probably had the same look they did, anger.

“Why does everyone look so mad? My mom hasn’t even done anything.” Sierra spoke so soft a normal person wouldn’t have heard, Dan was glaring at her again.

“Sierra she put you and your dad through crap. She didn’t acknowledge you and made go into a shell that you barely broke out of and how could a mother blame another child for their baby’s death.” He stopped himself right away, I looked at Sierra and she was crying.

“Hey, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to say that.” Emily walked in from the living room.

“Oh, dear what happened?” Dan looked at her and Emily pulled Sierra into the living room.

“We have to tell Sierra Sam. We need to protect her and her Dad. If you object I’m doing it on my own, I am not losing my cousin, my sister.” Dan pleaded with Sam, Sam just sat their quietly. I was left in my thoughts, if Sierra’s mom tried anything she could die.

“It would be only right, but I think the Cullen’s will be of help. Her mom could be planning something big.” Sam spoke just as I was about to protest in case he said no. I heard Sierra’s laugh float in from the living room, it brought a smile to my face.

“Sierra can you come here, please.” She walked in and sat down, but not before Dan pulled her into a hug. I have to admit I’m a little jealous that he’s hugging and spend more time with my imprint than me, I smiled to myself when moved her chair closer to me.

“Now, you got to promise you won’t freak out and run away or tell anybody.”

Regular Point of View

I almost wanted to laugh when Dan said don’t tell anybody, who was I going to tell.

“Dan, it’s me. I won’t freak out or run and who am I gonna tell?” He smiled slightly. No one said anything for a while, it was really starting to scare me.

“You remember that book you were reading when I talked you on Saturday.” I thought back, he meant the book Grams gave me.

“The one about the legends?” They all nodded, I nodded back.

“Well, you see we really did descend from wolves and can shift. Everything in that book you read is true Sierra.” I smiled a bit but then it fell and pure terror replaced it.

“D-does that mean vampires are real? “ I asked lowly, they all nodded. I looked down and Jacob rested his hand atop mine reassuringly.

“Sierra, your mom’s a vampire.” I gripped Jake’s hand.

“Does she want to kill me?” They all stayed silent.

“I didn’t do anything though.”

“Sierra we don’t know what she wants. The thing is there are vampires in Forks.” I made some kind of squeaking noise then blushed, I was just there.

“What?” I wrapped my other hand around Jacob’s

“Oh, no don’t worry. They don’t kill humans, actually one of them is marrying one.” Well I guess that’s good, I loosened my grip.

“I don’t want to go home.” I really didn’t, she could get me easily.

“You can stay with me.” Jacob volunteered bravely, Dan was gawking at Jacob like he grew a third head.

“That’s a good idea actually, her mom knows Dan’s family and his scent most likely.” Dan sighed frustrated. I got butterflies in my stomach at the idea.

“That’d be okay, my dad is gone for a week or so.” I saw Jacob smile from the corner of my eye.