Status: Finished :)

Things Will Never Be the Same

Things Will Never Be The Same

“Why do I hurt?” My eyes fluttered open slowly as I groaned. I heard someone chuckle. I shielded my eyes from the light and my eyes focused. The room around me was white like a hospital, but it didn’t smell like one.
“You don’t remember?” I closed my eyes, everything came flooding back. I flinched in pain as I remembered the burning sensation that flowed through my veins. My own mother had bitten me, I remember screaming in pain. I remembered it all, it felt worse than dying.
“No, I do.” Carlisle grimaced.
“Well, you will recover fine.” My hand went to my neck instantly, it was bandaged.
“Only you, us and the wolves will be able to see it.” I nodded.
“How long?”
“About a two days, you were drained” I sighed.
“Can I walk around?” He nodded as Alice came in. She pulled me into her room.
“You need new clothes, you smell like a dog.” I giggled as did she.
“I didn’t mean it like that.” I laughed. We went searching through her closest, she insisted that I wear a dress. The dress was a magenta color with a dark lavender ribbon. Then she sat me down and started curling my hair. I felt very relaxed and like a princess.
“Alice don’t you think you’re over doing it?” I looked and Emmett was leaning against the doorway.
“Well, Bella and Rose don’t let me do this.” She ran her fingers through my hair and I sighed.
“Sorry, I just love when people play with my hair.” Emmett and Alice laughed. When she was finished she let me go. I went down stairs to watch the football game with Emmett.
“Hey, I’m wearing team colors.” I laughed and pointed to the Baltimore Ravens captain. Emmett was genuinely fun to hang out with. He was like the big brother I never had. During halftime Edward and Bella showed up.
“Hi Bella.” She nodded at me smiling.
“Good to see you’re feeling better.” I nodded.
“So I was thinking, do you think you could convince Jake to come to the wedding?” Jacob never mentioned when Bella’s wedding was, he never even said he was invited.
“He didn’t even mention it really. I could try though, I mean I love weddings.” I smiled.
“They are kind of a hassle.” I laughed.
“But it’ll be worth it.”
“It sure will be.” Edward kissed her temple. It was an awe moment. Emmett and I shared a brain wave.
“Awe!” We yelled and started making kissy faces towards them.
“Immature.” Edward mumbled as Bella laughed. I was sitting by myself as Emmett, Edward and Bella were talking quietly in the kitchen.
“Is my princess up?” Paul busted through the door. I stood up excitedly but was disappointed when Jacob didn’t come in.
“Oh, don’t look so excited Sierra you might burst.” He chuckled.
“Sorry, I just thought Jacob would be picking me up.” He smiled.
“No he’s got a surprise for you.” I really had enough surprises. Paul pulled my hand and yelled that we were leaving.
“You drove?” I smiled, I was grateful because I was wearing a dress.
“Well of course.” I got in and we drove off. He drove all the way to Port Angeles.
“Paul, can we please go home?” I whined, my feet hurt and all I wanted was too change. His phone rang and he ignored me.
“Yeah, alright. In a jiffy.” I laughed.
“Let’s go!” I smiled and ran to the car. The ride home was filled with Paul’s obnoxious singing, it really got on my nerves. We pulled up to Sam’s and walked into the small house. I was greeted with hugs and a shout of surprise.
“You’re okay!” Dan picked me up.
“I thought I lost you.” He whispered into my ear.
“Never.” He laughed. One by one everyone said hello and gave me a hug, but still the most important person was missing.
“Dan, where’s Jake?” I asked leaning against the railing outside.
“He was running late-” He was cut off with Jacob’s truck pulling up. I barely waited for him to stop as I was running at him. He caught me easily and twirled me around.
“I thought you weren’t going home till later?”
“Surprise.” I laughed. He let me go. His hand trailed down my neck as his eyes softened.
“It feels colder here.” I smiled slightly. I put my palm against his cheek, he leaned into it. I took the chance and pressed my lips to his.
“Okay, no making babies on the front lawn.” I blushed as I fell flat on my feet. We started walking slowly to the house. It was a big barbeque, the whole pack was there.
“I’m so glad you are okay.” Kim smiled at me. I smiled, I noticed Jacob was missing once again.
“Hey Sam, where’s Jake?” Sam smiled at me.
“He’s taking it pretty hard. He blames himself. He’s outside.” I frowned, it wasn’t even his fault.
“Hey.” I fixed my dress and sat next to him.
“Sam told me.” I leaned my head on his shoulder. His shoulders slumped.
“Jake it’s not your fault. Really, it’s not it could have happened at anytime.” I grabbed his hand and rubbed it softly. He smiled slightly down at me.
“Come on.” He pulled me up towards the forest.
“Jake, where are you taking me? I don’t even have the right shoes.” As on cue I tripped in the heels Alice put on me. Of course Jacob caught me with ease. He lifted me up bridle style, I couldn’t help but laugh. We trekked over logs and stumps making small talk. Finally we arrived into an opening, it over looked the ocean. It was breath taking, I smiled brightly as he set me down.
“Okay now close your eyes.” I gave him a look but closed my eyes anyways. I felt something hit my neck, I opened my eyes to look down. There was a simple blue gem, it was amazing.
“Jake this is amazing.” I smiled fiddling with the gem.
“It was my moms, she left it for me. The letter said to give it to someone special.” I smiled, his mom sounds amazing from the way he and mostly Billy talked about her. I am sure she’d be proud of Jacob.
“Well I’ll try and live up to that then.” He rolled his eyes. I walked up to the cliff looking over it, I backed up quickly.
“You know, I heard what you said the other night.” He looked up, I laughed softly. I wrapped my arms around him.
“I kind of might feel the same way.” I spoke lowly, I really was uncomfortable with saying it out loud, but I felt that way I was sure of it. He didn’t reply he just kissed me, now this kiss was full of love. It just radiated from it, it made me feel giddy inside. The kiss got heated, we’ll leave it at that.
“We should probably go back.” I laughed. He picked me up and we started walking back.
“So why are you wearing a dress anyways?”
“Alice besides it was relaxing especially when she was playing with my hair.” He laughed.
“Hey Jake, are we going to Bella’s wedding?” He stiffened slightly.
“You just got bitten by a vampire and you want to be around more?” He was shaking slightly, he was angry.
“Jake, you two used to be close. It would mean a lot to her. You’ll be there and I won’t leave your side.” I wouldn’t look at him, I knew he was glaring ahead. I just started drawing invisible shapes on his chest, he shivered slightly.
“I hate you.” I laughed, then frowned. He set me down and we walked to the house.
“Damn, another dress I have to wear.” He chuckled.
“Well about time what were you two doing in there?” Dan laughed, I’m glad he can’t read minds like Edward. I smiled slightly. Paul was looking at me with squinted eyes.
“You look ... what’s that word. Flustered. Yes, that’s the word.” I blushed, Paul smiled real big.
“Shut up or I won’t be your best friend.” Paul pouted wiping fake tears.