Status: Very very slow...

Lucifer's Angel

Lies the truth and grief

Image

I looked out at the vast wasteland. Lakes of burning acid quivered and spat suffocating smoke into the air. Parts of the ground were ice, cold and glossy, and hot soil covered the remaining red craggy ground. The walls were jagged icicles and frozen rock that dripped boiling magma. The ceiling had holes large enough to get a good glance at the ominous bloodied sky. Roaring flames licked at the walls where the ice was thinner with ashes and embers blowing in the non-existing wind.

"Ah, Reaper, it seems you've already welcomed my new guest." A velvety voice spoke.

I looked up and gasped when Lucifer's eyes trailed my body up and down. His charcoal hair fell to his broad shoulders and matched his equally dark eyes. Obsidian colored wings protruded from his back, though they were folded gently behind him. He flashed a grin and grasped the chain that held my hands together. I started crying again as he dragged me through his domain.

"Reaper I'd like you to meet my angel Lucy. Lucy, this grim fellow is Reaper." Lucifer said.

"I'm not your angel." I choked out.

"But you are my angel Lucy! You've always been mine." He turned around and smirked, "Jump angel!" He told me. I felt my knees buckle and then straighten again as my body involuntarily jumped. I glared at his smug expression as he placed a few strands of hair behind my ear.

"It was you! You made me kill Remiel." I sobbed.

"Of course." he stepped closer.

I backed up and started running, thinking i had a chance in escaping. My feet ached as they padded on uneven ground and my lungs felt like they were going to burst as I gasped for air. I could feel Lucifer's eyes on me as his voice echoed for me to run. Once again, I was trapped, forced to keep moving. All around me, whispers from demons all chanted the same thing. "Lucifer's angel." I shut my eyes and covered my ears. I kept on running away from the voices, guilt, and blame. I was so angry; yet, everything he was saying was true.

I belonged to him now; I was Lucifer's angel.

Suddenly out of nowhere, Lucifer appeared behind me and grabbed the back of my broken wings and swung me around to face him.

"I told you that you were my angel."

"I refuse to be yours." The look in his eyes made goosebumps rise on my skin.

My throat went dry as he grabbed my neck with his free hand and chucked my body against the nearest wall. I choked on my own scream as I took shallow breaths. My eyes wandered over to Lucifer dipping his hand into an acid pool. He walked back over to my broken body and flopped down straddling me. He held my wrists in one hand with his other one was placed above my face. I saw a clear liquid substance drip from his fingers and felt my body stiffen.

Lucifer brought his hand down and traced hellish patterns over my shoulder, circling my forearm, around my wrist, and finished with lacing his fingers with mine. I screeched at the stench of decaying flesh. The acid was burning me, marking me forever. Lucifer stared down with bright eyes.

"Your flawless skin isn't so pure now is it? I could easily do this to your other arm, a leg or...any other body part I wanted."

"You-you're sick" I panted. "No matter what I'm forced to do, I'll never be like you."

"I'm told I can be very persuasive." Lucifer grinned and brought my mouth to his.

His scorching tongue shoved past my trembling lips, exploring every inch of my mouth as if it were coated with the sweetest of honey. Lucifer pulled us both up and shoved me deep into the wall. After he detached himself from me my hair was jerked back and kissed the base of my neck.

I saw our reflection on a slab of ice above me. My lips were swollen and my eyes looked empty. I saw the patterns he traced upon my arm. The marks were elegant, scratchy, and forever marred into me. It was then I let out a tiny gasp at the sight of my once beautiful wings. They had bones sticking out from the singed feathers and coated with ash making everything look black and abominable. I glared at my new image in the ice and clenched my fist.

After Lucifer left me alone, silent and trembling, I found myself wandering aimlessly. There were so many twists and turns in Hell. Some paths led indoors to Lucifer's palace, while others seemed to go on for miles, with the landscape never changing. It was one of those paths that eventually led me to a large iron door. Without enough physical strength to shove it open, I could only wonder what was behind it. As I turned away, a groan came from within, and the door opened slowly.

I peeked my head in and gasped. A sculpted hand rose from the floor like a mountain. Its palm was placed toward the ceiling with all five fingers outstretched. I walked over to the base and felt the stone structure. I felt all around and stopped when I felt an indent. I traced it with the tips of my fingers and found it to be a letter. I clenched and unclenched my free hand and willed some of my angel light to glow. A short minute later a quiet crackle was heard and my hand was aglow with brilliant white light that seemed to crackle and flicker.

Holding the light up, I could now read what was inscribed onto the statue.

He whom descends from the angels.
Born in the land of mortals.
Is next in line for the throne in Heaven.
May the light help him shine.


I had read this prophecy many times before in Heaven. I circled the base once more and found more writing on the other side.

The fiery prince was born of virtue and sin
He is the dark light's portal
Light that comes from storms will decide who shall win
The war of the immortal


"What does that mean?" I asked out loud.

I stared at it for some time, trying to decode the hidden message all prophecies had. I think dark light meant Lucifer and immortal had to mean either angel or demon. But my thought process was interrupted when an icy cold hand was placed on my shoulder

I whipped around and found myself screaming along with another female voice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?
Thoughts?
Criticism?
//KillJayme\\