Status: Hoping to update every three days or so

I Guess It's Fate

Two.

I was sitting all by my lonesome on the bench while I watched Mike and Brooks “practice” it seems like they were horsing around the entire time. It seemed like they were finished, they both skated over to where I was sitting. Mike had the mischievous look in his eye that I knew so well. I got up and started to run, but not before Brooks had his arms around my waist. He picked my up even higher and slung me over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. I screamed and shouted for all I was worth but to no avail.
The only two people in the Kettler ice plex were the two that were kidnapping me and taking me onto the ice. Once Brooks’ skates hit the ice, I was really freaking out. The last time I was on the ice was seven years ago. There is a good reason too, I broke my wrist, it was a compound fracture, I was staring at my bone while my blood poured out. Mike was the one who stopped me from looking at the bone while Nick went to call 911. Mike still remembered that day, I’m sure he did. I am never going to forgive him for talking Brooks into doing this.
We were now at center ice and Brooks put me down and skated away pretty fast so I couldn’t hit him. GREAT! I thought, I was stuck out at center ice with two immature hockey players skating around as fast as they could. Ohhh so very slowly I started inching my way back toward the bench when Brooks collided with me.
A searing pain shot through my leg and my ass hurt like hell. Everything stopped for a few seconds and even after that, everything was in slow motion and all echoes. Brooks appeared over my head “Can you hear me?” “Hello. Katee?” He picked me up and I groaned in pain. Mike was already in motion taking off his skates. I whispered to Brooks “You have to change out of your skates or you will ruin them.” He looked at me like I had a second head and replied “All I need to do right now is get you to the hospital.” He said shaking his head. I put my hands around his neck and grabbed the back of his jersey, clenching it whenever he took a step.
Mike got to the door to the ice plex, and the door to his black escalade. Brooks laid me down in the back and got in after me while Mike got in the front. We were headed to the hospital and the whole time I was trying to sleep but Brooks wouldn’t let me and it was really pissing me off. “All you have to do is stay awake Katee, just stay awake.” He kept repeating this as he put shoes on. He would talk to mike when he wasn’t making me stay awake. I didn’t know what they were talking about but Mike seemed pretty mad and Brooks just kept saying I’m sorry. Every little pot hole the car hit I groaned in pain, Brooks looked at me and said “It’ okay, everything will be okay I am so sorry.”
When we finally got to the hospital they wheeled me away, all I wanted to do was stay in Brooks’ arms. They took me in for an x-ray, then took me back to a room. The guys came in, they were both talking but I didn’t really pat attention. Finally I just told them both to shut up. I was so thankful for the silence. “Sorry.” Was all Brooks said with his head down. I was about to respond when the doctor walked in with a team of nurses. “Well, Miss Devereaux, you seem to have many broken bones…what happened?” I started to tell him but Brooks butted in and said “Well Sir, it is all my fault, I was speed skating and I accidentally ran into her.” “Well alright then, you have a broken tail bone, you left tibia is broken in two places, and your left ankle is fractured.” All that went through my mind was how in the world will I be able to pay for this? “And how do we fix these things?” I asked.
He went on to say that I was going to have to have surgery on my tibia but my ankle and tail bone would heal naturally in time. With all that being said I was wheeled to the O.R to have screws in me.
It was so comfortable and warm here, I did not want to do anything. Then I started to hear beeping and sirens and everything else. Someone was rubbing my head, and someone else was holding my hand. Every time I wake up I pretend like I am sleeping for a few more minutes so get my bearings on everything around me. When I opened my eyes, Brooks was the first person I saw, he was also the one rubbing my head but stopped. I looked to my left and Mike was sitting there holding my hand so tight it hurt. “Mike” I said “I know that you care about me and everything but I don’t need a broken hand too.” He quickly let go and apologized.
Brooks looked ashamed of himself so I asked Mike if he would get me some apple juice from the cafeteria. With promises of returning quickly he left. “Katee, I am so so so sorry, I feel so bad right now I will do anything, you just have to ask!” He finished with a sigh. “Brooks” I started.” It is really fine, I have had broken bones before, it just takes time to recover. I will be fine I promise.” all he did was flash a smile at me. By the time he had gotten a nurse to check on me, Mike had finally gotten back with my apple juice.
The nurse said that everything looked really good and that I could be discharged as early as tomorrow afternoon. By now, it was around 5:30 Mike had called the puck bunny he was taking on a date tonight and was about to cancel but I told him not to, and to go have fun. He said okay, but only if Brooks promised to stay all night with me. Mike left saying he would be back in the morning and gave me a kiss on the forehead.
It was nine now and I was so tired but the pain was keeping me up. I could see Brooks texting someone but didn’t say anything. “Your cousin says that you fall asleep faster listening so someone’s heart beat.” Brooks said. I nodded, not sure of what he was getting at.
He quickly got up without saying a word and came over to the bed. I scooted over noticing what he was doing. He got in the bed with me, being careful around the various tubes and I laid my head on his chest right over his heart. his heart beat was a little fast at first but slowed down. He leaned down, kissed my head and whispered sweet dreams. I fell asleep to the sound of his heart thumping.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope this makes up for the very short first chapter! Comments please<3