Status: I might have another short chapter.

Lying and Cheating

Teresa Bryant and Ana Lee

“Oh shit!” yelled Teresa Bryant she raked her thin pale fingers through her chestnut mane. Her attempt at cooking a romantic completely vegan dinner for her girlfriend went up in flames. Literally. The tofu shriveled into diminutive black pieces, the Asian greens were not much better off, the noodles were brown and crunchy like a potato chip. Teresa plopped down on her girlfriend’s vintage kitchen table, a yard sale find. Her head sunk into her hands the apartment was silent except for the girl’s exasperated sobs.

Ana Lee yawned she was tired of touring, trying to avoid band crisis, dealing with unavoidable crisis’, and just plain tired of everybody in the band. She smiled despite her exhaustion at the thought of a short break from managing Tags, the band, and spending time with her beautiful girlfriend, Teresa. Her smile widened with the thought of the brunette she couldn’t wait to see the girl. She said her goodbyes to the band and started her walk to her cheap modest apartment.

Teresa still bawled forgetting her girlfriend was due home soon. She didn’t change from her underwear and tank top into something less wrinkled or less stained. She left her short chestnut Mohawk to messily flop down tickling her knuckles lightly. The seventeen year old disregarded all thoughts of the older girl until she heard the excited bounds of the girl coming closer. Ana’s steps slowed as her nose became sentient of the horrible stench of burnt food. Her smile vanished when she saw the wreck of the girl sitting at her kitchen table.

Her brow furrowed she surveyed the room seeing the pan filled with overcooked food. Her emerald eyes took in the younger female’s blotchy skin her normal sparkly brown eyes were bloodshot and rimmed with bright red, her cheeks were still wet with salty tear trails. Teresa noticed Ana’s eyes fill with pity she abruptly stood up the chair banged against the wall. Ana couldn’t keep her eyes from roaming Teresa’s natural rail thin body, her creamy white thighs and… she shook her head of the dirty thoughts starting to fill her mind. It had been a long time. A very long time.

“Teresa what’s wrong baby?” Ana asked trying not to scare the timid girl off. Ana was truly worried out of the whole two years they had been dating she had only seen the other girl breakdown three times. Once was when Teresa couldn’t find any inspiration for her art final the one and only class she cared about. The second time Teresa had decided to drop out and live the life of a struggling artist and Ana disagreed they fought and fought and fought. Ana was baffled as of why in the hell Teresa would want to ruin her life like that. Teresa was angry at the fact Ana couldn’t be supportive of her decision her first thought out decision she had ever made. The third meltdown was caused by her parent’s choice to turn their backs on their daughter because of her soft spot for women.

Teresa’s eyes filled with fresh tears she turned her head to the stove. She hiccupped struggling to swallow her tears. “Please sweetheart tell me.” Ana pleaded desperately attempting to find the cause of her girlfriend’s pain. Teresa gestured to the stove her hiccups increasing, she stuttered out. “I tried to make you a romantic dinner it was completely vegan I was doing good. Then I spaced and it all went to hell.” Ana smiled giggling softly fueling Teresa’s imminent explosion “Baby I appreciate the thought I think it’s cute that you tried to be all domestic. However, honey how about I’ll teach you first before you try it all on your own. But I don’t think that’s the big problem here now is it?”

Teresa shook her head biting her thin bottom lip her hiccups had subsided. Ana strode over to her girlfriend wrapping her thin tan arms around the younger girl’s waist her head resting on Teresa’s chest. Although, Ana had a year of age and experience on Teresa was much taller than the red head. “Teresa your not worried I cheated on you while I was touring are you? Because I can assure you I couldn’t find time to cheat on you and I would never, never cheat on you I swear.” Teresa whispered, “No I know you wouldn’t cheat on me.” Teresa never voiced her nagging fear Ana would find someone better on tour.

Ana was stunning her hair was dyed orange, her eyes were a stunning green, and Teresa couldn’t spend too much time thinking about her body or her mind is filled with thoughts that put sluts to shame. Ana sighed snuggling further into her girl’s chest muffling her next question. “Then what’s going on?” Teresa sighed the older girl wasn’t going to drop the subject she had to come clean had to clear her guilty conscious, she took a deep breath.

“I’m a loser, a screw up, a failure, and a waste of life. I don’t know why you’re with me.” Ana pulled way from the girl her hands stationed on her slim hips her head tilted to the side and was about to say something. But, Teresa held up her hand signaling she wasn’t done explaining. “I lied to you. I’m a liar.” Teresa wailed her dam finally broke tears spilling out. The red head’s jaw slacked her eyes went wide and filled with tears she blindly grabbed for a chair. She plunked down into the seat she covered her mouth with her hand she was speechless. After what seemed like forever Ana managed breathed out “What did you lie about?” Teresa was startled by the red head’s voice slicing through the silence.

The brunette took a deep breath attempting to sober up from her hysterics. She playing with her septum piercing, a habit she picked up when she and Ana had gotten them done. “I lied about…” Ana stood up suddenly her face became red with anger “What the fuck did you lie about just fucking tell me.” Ana’s voice was hard it was the voice she usually only used when dealing with her friends’ band. “I cheated on you!” Teresa blurted out. Ana tumbled backwards into the wall her tears fell into her mouth.

Her mind reeled she tried to say something all her mind thought was Teresa cheated on me. She cheated on me. She cheated on me. Ana pursed her lips she stood up straight her eyes were like the stone her jaw was locked. “Who?” Teresa glanced up at Ana she shook her head it didn’t matter it would make her even angrier. Ana was furious she marched over to Teresa she harshly placed her hands on the girl’s pale face.

Ana roughly jerked Teresa’s head to face her “Who? Tell me I deserve that at least, who?” “Natasha.” Ana removed her hands from Teresa’s cheeks. Slap! The sound rang clear in the small kitchen. Ana was beyond furious she cheated on me with my friend Natasha. Natasha was Ana’s friend from high school they had dated briefly but decided they worked better as friends. Ana held her head high she cocked one hip placing resting a hand on it in a venoms tone when she said “I want you out of my home in the next fifteen minutes.”

Teresa nodded she was numb she quietly packed her things as Ana watched her glaring at the back of her head. Teresa tried to apologize but the other girl wouldn’t listen she turned her head and yelled how many minutes Teresa had to pack. Teresa changed into something more suitable for her to leave the house. She didn’t have much to pack as she was about to leave Ana stopped her screaming “Wait!” Teresa turned a hopeful smile painted on her face the smile was not returned but Teresa received a sharp pain in her cheek. “You forgot it I don’t want it.” It was a painting of Ana the younger remembered giving to Ana on their first Christmas together.

“Get out Teresa and I don’t ever want to see you ever fucking again!” Ana shouted as Teresa picked the painting up and scrambled out the door which was slammed shut behind her. Teresa looked back but she knew there was no hope Ana would take her pack ever. She left the apartment raking her mind for a place to stay she would figure it out eventually. Ana slid down the door her tears finally falling she sobbed into her hands. She hated Teresa for cheating on her but she hated herself more for wanting to take the girl back. Ana knew she never would take the girl back but she detested the feeling she would never let another girl hurt her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? Rate? Please.