Tied By The Truth

there's a man who’s telling me i might be dead

“I know what you are,” she whispered, turning around. I stared at her, getting nervous. “You aren't human.”

“H-how did you know?” I asked, walking closer to her. She wasn't even looking at me, she was going through a bowl of food. She didn't even seem phased about what she was saying to me.

“Because we're one of you,” she whispered, looking at me now. Her green eyes reminded me of Benny's. When she said we...did she mean Benny?

I closed my eyes, breathing in. What do I say? How does she even know? That's not even a good enough answer. “You have powers, too?”

“I'm an Earth Priestess. You're a witch, it's somewhat the same, yes?” she asked, sitting on a chair now. I sat in the one beside her. I nodded, remembering all the studies I had for being a witch. “Your friends know. I can tell.” She suddenly touched my hand. “You're very very powerful. I've never met someone like you.” I'm not even that good, even though I've been studying it for 6 years. Now I'm done with everything and forgotten it all.

"You won't tell anyone.. Would you?" I asked, staring her down. I should have never told Sam. Now I'm planning on not telling anyone.

"I won't tell anyone. Just be careful... People want your power. I would keep it a secret to everyone if I were you. Do not trust anyone," she whispered this. How would she even know if I'm good or not? Was she one of my teachers? She seems familiar.. "Now go back to your friends. If you need anyone to talk to, you can trust me." I nodded, getting up. When I got to Benny's room, no one looked up to acknowledge me, only Benny. He was sitting on his bed. I laid on his bed, my face in his pillow.

"STAR. Wake up sleepy head!" I heard Addie's voice. I giggled, turning so I would be laying on my back. Benny, Ethan, and Rory weren't in the room anymore, just Harmony, Addie, and I. "His grandma wanted them." I nodded, closing my eyes. "You love Benny!"

"WHHHAAAT?!" I shrieked, sitting up. His name sent sparks to my stomach, but I ignored them, staring at my friend. "N-n-no I don't!"

Addie and Harmony smiled, "Don't lie. I find it so cute."

“What are you talking about?! I don't like him.” I pouted, ending the conversation.

•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•

I smiled as my phone said: One New Message

Benny – Hey there :)
Me – Hi . (:
Benny – Sup?
Me – Bored ! Addie was supposed to go to the park with me today, but she bailed. So i have nothing to do..
Benny – Really? 'Cuz Ethan was supposed to hang with me today.. O:
Me – Oh my gosh, THEY'RE HANGING OUT.
Benny – I think we should be creepers.
Me – Same, meet me at the park? K bye.

When I got to the swing set, I looked around the play area. No sign of Addie or Ethan, but I still had to check the benches next to the softball field, which was a little far from where I was.

I texted Benny asking where he was, but he hasn't answered any of my texts. I really hope he didn't bail on me.

I tapped my foot, looking at the white watch I had around my wrist. Where the hell could they be?

"BOO!" I screamed, facing the person who scared me. Benny smiled, giving me a hug. It gave me sparks and I hoped he smelled my yummy lotion ;D

"Finally! I've been waiting FOREVER for you!" I complained, crossing my arms. "I haven't seen-"

"SSSSHH." He covered my mouth and walked me under a play area. Anyone could still see us, but it was the only place you can really hide. It was pretty small under here, too, so I was very close to Benny.

"Did you see them?" I whispered in his ear. He nodded and looked at the basketball court. They were there, walking over to the swing set. I legit almost shrieked when I noticed Ethan and Addie holding hands, but Benny panicked and covered my mouth again, making me lay on my back. He sorta did, too, but his face was looking down at me. When he let his hand go, I giggled. "You seem to take things very literal."

"That's pretty much the only thing I'm good at," he said, in a whisper-y sexy, voice. I breathed in, speechless. He looked absolutely perfect and from how close we were, we probably looked like we were about to kiss.

"What are you talking about? You're probably good at everything!" I stated, sitting up. He did too. His hand was set on the ground behind me, and I was looking at the floor, trying hard not to prove to him that I was blushing. I was probably as red as a tomato.

"I'm not good at sports," he admitted. "I'm good at video games though!"

I smiled and so did he. "I'm not good at sports, but when it comes to playing around, I'm pretty good. People say I have a killer arm when it comes to throwing a ball. And I cannot play video games, at all!" I stuck my tongue out at him.

"So if we versed each other, I'd win?" he asked. I nodded, trying to get more comfortable by changing how I was sitting. I accidentally hit Benny's arm, and it hurt my back. "Sorry!"

Suddenly my phone vibrated and I took it out of my pocket.

One New Message:

Addie - Hey ugly(;

"Ugly?" Benny asked, looking at me. I shrugged, laughing a little. Addie and I like insulting each other a lot, especially when we text. "You are definitely not ugly!"

"Why thank you." I tried not to think about the compliment while I texted her back.

Me - Oh hey sexxxy(;
Addie - I'm sorry I bailed on you today.. But guess what :)
Me - WUT ?!
Addie - Ethan held my hand ! <33
Me - ew.

"BEEENNNY! Why would you text her that!?" He looked at me and smirked, giving my SideKick LX back. I shivered, feeling the cold getting to me. I loved the winter, but I hated how cold it got. I liked the snow though. Benny and I were only wearing sweaters, we arranged this when we were texting. If we're puffy, they will see us, so no coats.

"Awee you're cold," he pouted. I rolled my eyes, shaking my head.

"Pffft no," I put my hands in my hoodie pocket, and sighed. No use, that is not gonna get me warm.

"Well uhh, do you, maybe, wanna wear, my sweater?" he asked, staring me down. My heart started to beat faster. Of course I did! But what about him? Wouldn't he be real cold?

"No, no, its okay. No need to suffer just because I'm a little chilly." He started to take off his sweater and handed it to me. "Thanks." I put it on, getting nervous. Does this mean he cares? That he liked me? Or was he just being nice? “Are you cold?” He shrugged and I scooted closer to him. I looked at his gorgeous green eyes and he looked into my hazel ones. Our faces inched closer, closer clo-

“This is my hiding spot! Get your own!” I backed away from Benny when a little boy, about 5, yelled at us. His arms were crossed and he was scowling at us. Thank you for ruining such a great moment, kid.
♠ ♠ ♠
x