Status: in progress..

Never Say Never

Eighteen.

"Joanna, get out of bed." I ignored my fathers attempts to wake me up. I buried my head deeper and deeper into the pillow until I couldn't breathe

"Joanna!" My dad yelled again

"No." I mumbled

"You have to go to school. you're running late, now let's go."

I let out two very fake coughs, "I'm sick." I didn't get a reply but I soon felt my blankets being snatched off me. "hey!"

"Have fun sleeping without these" dad said as he left my room, blankets in tow. Ugh, what nerve.

I had no choice but to get up now, I wasn't going to freeze my ass off and if I was going to get up to turn the heat up, I might as well get up for school.

After having a quick shower, I got dressed quickly and applied little makeup. I grabbed everything I needed for the day and headed downstairs.

"Happy?"

"I will be." Dad said as he ate his breakfast, "When your butt is in your classroom, learning."

"I'm going, I'm going." I was running late so no time for real breakfast. I grabbed a poptart and headed out

After school, I was walking to my car with Kayla. She was going on and on about her pathetic excuse for a boyfriend.

"You're lucky you're dating an older man." Kayla said on the down low

"He's still a stupid guy. I think he might of forgot my birthday."

"What?! how is that possible? I mean, who forgets their girlfriends birthday when it's on Valentine's Day--the most romantic day of the year"

"I don't know. but he hasn't mentioned a thing about it. ever."

"But your birthday is next week."

"Tell me about it."

"He didn't tell you to pick anything out?"

"Nope."

I looked at her, she had her thinking face on. I knew, because I rarely saw it. "Have you guys hit a rough patch? How's the relationship?"

"The relationship is great." I laughed

"Nobody's lacking in the intimacy department?"

"Trust me." I laughed again, "We're really good in that department."

"Oh my god!" Kayla squealed. I gave her a 'WTF?' look and saw her staring. I followed to where her eyes were only to see John fucking Cena leaning against my car. Is he out of his damn mind?!

"What the hell are you doing here?" I scolded him as I quickly walked over

"Good to see you too, Joanna" John rolled his eyes

"John. this is a high school, filled with horny teenage girls. you nearly gave this one a heart attack."

"Sorry." John flashed his smile, "I was in town meeting with Vince and I wanted to talk to you."

"Couldn't this have waited? ya know until I was home?"

"Yes. But wouldn't Hunter question why I came over to talk to you about Randy."

"I see. well, let's walk and talk." I say, leading him out of the school parking lot. Kayla was right along with us, poor girl couldn't keep her eyes off him. "Whats up with Randy?"

"Wanted to throw him a birthday party. who better than to help than his girlfriend?"

"Tha'ts like two months away"

"And with us being on the road all the time-"

"I get it. Why should I help? He hasn't even acknowledged my birthday"

"Haha. You're such a female. He hasn't forgotten your birthday, freak."

"You sure?"

"100 percent. Tell ya what, if he forgot, I'll personally kick his ass for you."

"Hm, now that sounds like an interesting fight."

"Very interesting. Now, you know all his friends. Call them. See ya Monday."

"See ya, John."

The week had dragged on, I was home all week so that means I had school all week. It was okay though, I got to at least see all the friends I barely talk to anymore. It was finally Sunday night when I found myself packing for the next tour. We were gonna be gone for a whole two weeks, dad suggested I'd stay home. Normally I'd never pass up the chance to be home alone for two weeks, but that also meant two weeks without Randy.

'I am losing you again. Let me out and let me in, cause you're not alone here, not at all. Let me belong here, break my fall.' My cell phone was going off. When I finally found it, I answered it.

"Hello."

"Hey baby, what are you doing?" It was obviously Randy

"Packing clothes for the next two weeks"

"Me too. So, you wanna meet my sister?"

"WHAT? No!"

"Haha, why not babe?"

"Do I have to? What if she hates me?"

"Trust me, she won't. Technically you already met, but you weren't my girlfriend. I'm just asking cause she'll be at one of the house shows this coming week."

"If it makes you happy, then yes."

"It would make me very happy, I want her to like you. Don't worry, shes only three years older than you, not very intimidating."

"Ha, I hope not." Then my bedroom door opens, following a knock. Damn, he could of at least waited until I said come in. "Hold on."

"Can I help you father?" I ask my dad

"You getting all packed?" He asks

"Did the gigantic suitcase on the bed give it away?"

"Don't get cocky." He laughs. "Remember, we're leaving at 7 AM sharp for the airport. I mean it or I'm leaving you here."

"Oh fine."

"Who are you talking to?"

"My boyfriend." I say sarcastically, "Now, out."

Dad leaves, shutting my door behind him. Once I'm sure hes totally gone, I get back to my conversation.

"Sorry about that. So, what are you doing tomorrow? For Raw?"

"Uhhh...quick backstage promo, then I have a match. I'll be finished early tomorrow."

Interesting. Maybe John was right, maybe Randy didn't forget my birthday. But he still hasn't mentioned anything about it and its tomorrow. Technically, its after midnight, so its today.

"Sounds cool." I let out a yawn, knowing I should get to bed soon.

"Why don't you go to sleep. We both have to be up early."

"Yeah, I know. Its almost 1 AM."

"Well, its almost midnight here. Get some sleep and I'll see you tomorrow."

I forgot about the one hour time difference, not that its really much of a big deal. "Okay. Goodnight."

"I love you babe, goodnight."

"I love you too, Randy."

"Oh, Joanna?"

"Yes?"

"Happy birthday, babe."