Status: in progress..

Never Say Never

Twenty-Seven.

"My shoulder hurts so fucking bad" Randy said as the two of us sat backstage at Raw with his sister, Becky.

Randy hurt his shoulder in his match against the undertaker last night. Randy went for the tombstone, undertaker reversed it and nailed him.

"What did the trainer say?" I ask

"Pretty much to be careful. I still have a match tonight"

"Are you sure you wanna fight?" Becky asked him

"I kinda have to. I'll be okay though."

"Want me to get you some more ice?" I asked

"Please"

"I'll get it." Becky said standing up and heading for the door, probably giving us a minute alone. She was the only one here, the rest of Randy's family went back to Missouri.

"Thanks Bec"

Randy took it easy and the three of us chilled backstage until Randy had his first appearance on the show, an in-ring promo with Eric Bischoff. Me and Becky decided to stay backstage the whole night until it was time for the main event-- Randy's match vs Batista.

"Be careful."I told Randy before we parted ways

"Don't worry. I will." He said before giving me a kiss. I sat front row with Becky, Cody, and Bailey. Randy looked confident as ever. I, on the other hand, was extremely worried. I had a bad feeling.

"You alright, Joie?" Cody asked me

"Yeah, I'm fine." I put on a smile as the match started. Randy glanced over at me like he always does and he gave me a smirk.

The match started out like any other match, the hard hits going back and forth. Randy's shoulder was hit a few times, but he took it like a champ, looking confident as ever. Randy was dominating the match until Batista took over, throwing him into the ring post.

"Oh my god!" I yelled as I watched Randy's shoulder collide with the steel ring post. He actually screamed 'oh my god, oh shit!'

"Oh shit." Becky said, staring at the scene before us

"Damn, Orton's a good actor" Cody said with a laugh

I smacked him. "He's really hurt you idiot!"

Batista picked Randy up and rammed his shoulder into the ring post again, as if the first one didn't do the job! I held my hand over my mouth and looked away, peaking to see how he was. Batista finished him off with a Batista bomb. After Batista won, dad came out to intimidate Batista and Randy was helped to the back.

"Come on" I said to Becky, we got up through the crowd and made our way to the back. "Do you know where Randy is?" I asked a crew person

My question was quickly answered when I heard Randy yelling, "GOD DAMMIT! MOTHERFUCKER!

"Found him." Becky said and we went to the trainers room. The trainer was checking out Randy's shoulder, making him yell from the pain. Becky was holding her laugh in.

"OBVIOUSLY I TORE SOMETHING. WILL YOU STOP FUCKING TOUCHING IT, MAN?!" I'm sure the whole backstage can hear him. I went to his side, wrapped my arm around his functioning arm and laid my head on his shoulder.

We caught a red eye to Birmingham, Alabama because Randy has surgery in the morning. Becky came with us and I didn't tell my dad where I was going, of course he probably already knew. I told grandpa though.

"Can I see him before he goes in?" I asked the nurse

"Yes. He's been asking for you." I followed the nurse back into the area where the surgery patients were kept before and after surgery. Randy was talking to the doctor, so I just waited until he left.

"You look scared" Randy said as I held on to his hand

"I am"

He started to laugh, I didn't think this was a laughing matter. "Why?"

"I hate hospitals. And you're having surgery and it's scary"

"Not the first time I had surgery, babe." Randy smiled. "I'll be fine. it's only my shoulder."

"Promise?"

"I promise." He smirked. "Now I really can't die on you now. I promised"

"Randy Keith!" I had to keep my voice down, I also wanted to smack him but I stopped myself and squeezed his hand.

"You know I'm kidding." He kept laughing. The nurse walked by and informed us it was time for surgery. "Alright gotta go."

"Ok. I'll be waiting, I love you." I whispered then I kissed his forehead

"I love you too, baby." Randy said then he kissed my lips. "See ya later." then he kissed my cheek.

I went back to the waiting room with Becky and waited for what seemed like hours. In reality, only 20 minutes had passed.

"You okay?" Becky asked me. "Randy's gonna be just fine."

"Not a fan of hospitals, or surgery, or anesthesia for that matter." While under anesthesia, you're an inch away from death and that scares the crap out of me

"Figured you'd be used to it, ya know with your dad being a wrestler and all"

"you'd think so, but nope. Every time my dad has surgery, I'm a mess"

"Now you have two people to worry about." she halfheartedly smiled. "Wanna go to the cafeteria? You should walk around."

"Sounds good." Randy wasn't getting done any time soon, only a half hour had passed. After getting a drink from the cafeteria and walking around the parts of the hospital we were allowed in, we came back to the waiting room and just waited and waited.

"Hello?" I answered my cell. It was my dad, I should of just hit ignored.

"Where are you, Joanna? And you better not say fucking Alabama." He said, half calmly

"You know what happened. Did you expect me not to come?"

"Jo, that isn't the point. The point is you disobeyed me yet again. When you get home we need to talk. When exactly will that be, princess?"

"Look dad, I can't deal with this right now. I'm still waiting for him to get out of surgery and I don't wanna argue in the waiting room." I spotted the surgeon coming this way. "Call you later, k bye." I said quickly

Me and Becky stood up as he approached us. "Randy's surgery was successful."

"Is he awake?" I asked

"Can we see him?" Becky asked

"Yes he is awake. And you can go back to see him. He just woke up so he looks a little out of it. He can leave whenever he wants, but I'd give it an hour at least"

'out of it' wasn't enough to describe him. Randy looked really sleepy but also like he could bust out laughing at any given moment, it was like he was high. "Hey baby"

"Hey!" Randy said with a smile, trying to stand, obviously he was dizzy.

"Oh no, you sit down."

We got home to Missouri around 11PM and I was exhausted from the day. Not Randy though. First thing he did was lay on the couch, stare at the ceiling and started laughing at nothing for a good hour.