Status: in progress..

Never Say Never

Three.

So evolution was in full force, they were dominating raw as the top heel stable and dad was world heavyweight champion. As a matter of fact, at least half the show revolved around them which made a lot of people jealous.

In our regular home lives, everything was going fine. Dad asked Stephanie to marry him this past valentines day, which also happened to be my birthday...they plan to wed in the fall.

We arrived at the arena today for raw and dad headed straight to the gym. Steph wasn't with us, she's stuck home dealing with corporate stuff; Cody and Bailey aren't coming this week. I decided to walk around a bit. I was on a plane for three hours...the last thing I wanna do is sit down in a closed up dressing room.

"Hey Joanna" I look up and see a huge smirk with a douchebag attached to it.

"Don't you have somebody else to bother?" I spat. It was Chase Adams, 20 year old developmental wrestler from Ohio Valley Wrestling. I never talked to any of the rookies because I didn't know them, but Chase always goes out of his way to talk to me.

"You don't have to be so mean," he smirked

"Leave me alone" I push past him

"Hey now, I wasn't done-"

He's probably here for a dark match before raw goes on the air. He's so persistent, sometimes it freaks me out. "Well I am. If you don't leave me alone, I'll make sure your wrestling career is over before it even starts"

He was speechless for a moment so I started walking away, then he grabbed my arm. Not roughly, but enough to make me stop. Before a word came out of Chase's mouth, I heard my favorite person's voice

"Get away from her" Chase let's go when he sees Jeff Hardy and I smile

"We were just talking" Chase defends himself

"Not anymore you're not"

I walk away with Jeff. He always comes to save the day

"Thanks for that" I look up at him. "he is so annoying"

"That guy really gets on my nerves. You're 15 for fucks sake" Jeff says

Grr, there goes my damn age again. Me and Jeff find a place backstage, sitting on some of the production stuff, like usual.

"15 isn't young" I tell him

"it is when he's 20. I thought you didn't like him?"

"ew! I don't, he's disgusting"

"Joanna. Which rookie do you like?" Jeff questions me

"Well..." I stall, buying myself some time. "he's not exactly a rookie"

"Who is he?"

"He's uhh..."

"Joanna"

"Okay fine. He's this really hot guy in my dads group." I fess up

"You like Randy Orton?" Jeff starts to laugh. "seriously?"

"Is it that hard to believe?"

"I thought you had better taste. I don't know him, but I hear he's a real asshole. Isn't he like 23?"

"Not yet!" I tell him. "not till next month. And he's actually really nice." Which was half true. Sure, Randy has a bad attitude and can be a jerk, but he's always been nice to me. Plus, he's gorgeous.

"In your dreams. The guy is 8 years older than you" Jeff tells me

"More like 7 years and 10 months"

"You can't justify it!"

When the show went on, I stayed backstage. It would be no fun sitting in the crowd, cheering alone. Maybe I should of stayed home with Steph this time because I'm insanely bored. I sit in dads dressing room and text Cody and Kayla, I almost don't hear the knocking.

"What?" I say to whoever is behind the door, most likely a tech guy. When the door opens, I'm wrong. It's Randy. "oh hey." I smile

"Hey. How come you're not in the crowd?"

"Because my friends aren't here and without them, it's boring."

"Sorry. I'd sit in the crowd with you, ya know...if I wasn't the main attraction"

He flashes one of his smirks that I have grown used to and I just laugh. "you're so full of yourself. You know damn well nobody is out there to see you" I tease

"except all the females"

I laugh at him. "of course"

"Oh yeah, your dad said after the show, we're all going out to eat at some restaurant..can't remember the name" Randy says

"Great. Me, the only girl, having dinner with a bunch of old men. Can't wait."

"Hey now, you think I'm old?!"

"No! But everyone else is. And I'll have to listen to all you guys talk about the business. You eat, sleep, and breathe wrestling."

"Sorry to hear you feel that way. Tell ya what, I'll give you the pleasure of sitting next to me" he throws another one of his smirks my way

"oh, you'd enjoy that, wouldn't you?"

"maybe, but not nearly as much as you"

It took Randy a week to say, "you like me, huh?". He figured it out quite quickly, but he also told me he was 22 and you probably know the rest. But that doesn't stop me from making advances towards him, they make him laugh at the most. In conversation, he'll discretely tease me.

"Where is my dad anyway?" I ask

"Right there" Randy points to the TV. "you'd know if you weren't staring at me"

"I find it rude not to look the person you're talking to in the eye"

"That was a good one!" he laughs at my half-ass excuse

"I know."

Randy shortly leaves because he is needed in the ring, along with the rest of evolution. I watch the TV and go back to texting my friends.

We leave for dinner before the show ends because none of the guys are needed. It's also best to leave before all the fans are outside waiting for you. We arrive downtown at an upscale restaurant; it's me, dad, all if evolution and uncle Shawn.

I slide in the booth and as promised, Randy slides in next to me. A little too close for comfort if it was anybody else, but this is randy so I enjoy the closeness. He's not dressed in the formal clothing he has to wear on raw, as a matter of fact, none of them are...everybody is relaxed.

Turns out, I'm not the only girl here, Batista brought his daughter along as well. She doesn't look like somebody I want to talk to, she's giving me weird looks.

"Looks like someones jealous you're sitting next to me" Randy whispers

I take in his scent as he leans in closer, it's intoxicating. "only you would think that." I whisper back. "maybe it's because she's jealous of my gorgeous looks"

"Possibly"

"So you agree? I look better?" Randy looks at me and then at her, then back at me. I start to laugh as he nods his head in agreement with a smile.

"Excuse me." dad says, ruining it. "have you decided? Or are you two too busy with your private conversation?"

"Sorry." we say in unison

I can tell right now dad doesn't like the idea of me and randy being close, even if we are just friends. I can't understand why, he has no interest in me...which is insane. Everybody likes me!

The dinner is beyond boring. I was right, all they talk is wrestling. Aside from talking to Randy periodically through the night, I just eat and remain silent just like Batista's daughter. Oh, I text Cody of course.