Status: in progress..

Never Say Never

Thirty-One.

"You know he freaked out right?" I said as I floated around in Randy's pool

"How bad?"

"He went total ape shit for a minute there."

I was referring to the incident that happened last week involving my father and myself...

There I was, at home, just minding my own business. I got out of the pool and dried off real quick to go inside and get a drink. I thought I was home alone so I didn't bother bringing a towel. Big mistake on my part.

As soon as I closed the fridge door and popped open my soda can, I heard my dads mouth. "JOANNA COURTNEY LEVESQUE!" He didn't just use my first and middle names, he also used my last, I knew he was pissed.

I turned around to see him and mom standing there with bags on the counter, they must of went food shopping. "Um.." I gulped. "What I do now?"

"What the hell is that on your back?!"

There it was. After 3 months, he finally saw my tattoo. "...it's a tattoo."

"Why are his initials on your body?! are you insane!? You know that's permanent right? it's forever! Unless you plan on getting it removed, which is highly painful."

"I don't plan on getting it removed. Its staying there forever."

I could tell dad didn't like my response, but he tried to keep his cool. "I'll ask you again, why are his initials on your body?"

"Because I'm in love with him"

You can just imagine how the rest of that conversation went....

"He's always gonna hate me, huh?" Randy asks, slightly laughing

"Looks like it, babe. I'm surprised he's not still pushing to get you fired"

"Me too. But ya know what I think?"

"What?"

"I think...a swimming pool is meant for swimming.." Randy changed the subject; He smirked at me as he came towards my floating body, he flipped me over and I fell into the water. "Not floating."

"How did I not see that coming?" I ask as I came up from the water

"You really want me to answer that?" Randy laughed as he wrapped his arms around me. "I start back to work this coming week. When are you coming with me?"

"Well, I start house shows in late September. Until then Grandpa's agreed to let me work for him. But I'll only see you on Tuesday at Smackdown tapings, not the other days you work."

"That doesn't make me happy." Randy frowned as he presses his forehead to mine. "This sucks."

"But...I'll be with you on all your days off, promise." I smiled. "It sucks. But grandpa said this move to smackdown is actually good for you, so I won't complain too much. No matter how much I hate it."

"Everything's gonna work out fine, promise. Before we know it, it'll be September and you'll always be with me."

"Exactly." I grinned

Two days later was my dads birthday, so I had to go home to spend it with him. Even though we were pretty much ignoring each other, I still got him something and I still wanted to be there.

Mom gave him his gifts and they got all cute and lovey and ew just gag me now. The two of them were going out to dinner later. I waited till dad was alone to give him his gifts, had to be the right time. He had been relaxing the whole entire day, now he was just chillin in his office. Mom was in the kitchen making him a cake. I figured now would be good, I knocked on the door and he invited me in.

"Hey." I said softy, "Happy birthday."

"Thanks kid." Dad smiled

"I uh, got you something. Two things actually."

"Jo, you know you didn't-"

"Hush. The way I've treated you lately, I should of done more."

I hand him his tiny bag containing the two items and he opens it. "What the hell is this square thing?"

I laughed. "It's an iPod Shuffle. It's like a tiny mini iPod, you can clip it to your shirt and use it while you work out."

"Thanks, Joanna." He smiled. "What's on this CD?"

"I made you a slideshow."

Dad popped the CD in his laptop and it began to play. It contained pictures of the two of us from when I was born up until now. I wrote in it that he's the only one who was always there for me and will always be there for me and I've been a bitch lately; I want us to go back to how things were.

I caught myself crying, I quickly wiped my tears as it ended. "Don't cry, Joanna" he didn't even look at me yet, he knows me too well.

"I'm really sorry, dad."

"I'm sorry too." Dad said, something I wasn't expecting.

"Look, I know you can't stand Randy and you don't want me with him for multiple reasons. But I love him, I really do love him. I wouldn't disobey you if that wasn't true. I'm not asking you to like him, I just wanna be happy knowing I have him and still have you."

"I'm sorry for telling you I didn't care and then going behind your back and getting him moved to smackdown." Dad says, "Actually, I'm not that sorry that he's on smackdown because my plan failed anyway."

"I told you you're gonna have to try harder.." I smirked a little

Dad smiled slightly before tightening up his face. "That being said. I can't stand the man. I have no respect for him what so ever, personally. Professionally, that's different. But as a person...I can't stand him. " He took a breath before continuing. "He's an asshole douche bag that thinks he's better than everyone. Don't get me wrong, I know a lot of people don't like me but a lot of people don't like him either because he's cocky and has no respect. Not to mention, the guy needs anger management or something. He's 25 years old, You're so much younger than him, he's more experienced than you. I just don't want him hurting you."

Most of what dad said was true. Yes, he's an asshole to a lot of people, but not to me. He can be very cocky and disrespectful to others who came before him, but not to me. Yes he has anger issues, and sure we've had fights, but he's never taken his anger out on me. Yes, he's 25 and I can't change his age, I wouldn't if I could. If he was going to hurt me, I'm sure he would of screwed up someway by now.

"Trust me, I'm hearing everything you're saying. But Randy has always treated me like a queen, just how every woman should be treated. Me and him, we're perfect for each other. You'll see that one day, trust me. It's been almost a year and a half, he would of hurt me by now if he was going to."

"But-"

"Bailey said all he wanted was to have sex with me then he'd never speak to me again." I took a deep breath. "And I know this is the last thing you wanna hear. But, we had sex...and he hasn't left my side since."

Dads face went from annoyed to super disgusted. "Oh you had sex before even dating him. I'm so proud." He fake gagged. "don't ever say that word again."

I held in my laugh. "Okay."

"Look. I want you to be happy, and I don't want you torn between me and your boyfriend...even if it is Orton. By no means do I accept the relationship or do I like him, but if this is what you really want and you're truly happy with him...who am I to deny you happiness?"

"Really?"

"I mean it this time. I don't care if you're together. But if he hurts you I'll kill him I mean it, I will fucking murder him. I don't wanna hear the word sex come out of your mouth again." I had to hold in my laugh. "No more coming home with secret tattoos. Is there anything else you wish to tell me?"

"Nope. I'm all good here."

"And if he knocks you up, so help me god, I'll-"

"Haha. I'm not gonna get pregnant dad, don't worry. Now, do you promise to stop trying to get Randy fired?"

"I might as well, Vince isn't going for it anyway."

I smiled, gave my dad a hug and told him I loved him. Now I felt better, this time it felt sincere. I know dad won't try anything else to break us up. That doesn't mean he won't try hurting him while they're in the ring, but I guess you can't have everything.

"You wanna come to dinner with us?" Dad asked me

"No, that's alright. It should just be the two of you. Besides, I have a date with Nathan Scott tonight"

"You have a date tonight?" Dad asked, shocked. "After all of that, you-"

"Dad." I started laughing. "I'm watching the One Tree Hill marathon tonight. Nathan Scott is my favorite character."

"Oh. I knew that." He composed himself. "Well, have fun. We'll leave money for food."